Best time to visit Hobart
Find the best time to explore the Tasmanian capital based on weather, price and activities.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
We have figured out the best time to visit Hobart by taking into account the weather and the activities available in and around Hobart.
Best time to visit Hobart
December to March.
Hobart’s climate is colder than most Australian cities. If you are looking to indulge in outdoor activities and want some warmth from the sun, there’s no better time to visit Hobart than in summer (December to March).
Hobart enjoys four seasons. Summers are warm with a maximum average temperature of 23°C while the average minimum temperature during the chilly winters can dip to 5°C.
Although Hobart is packed in summer, the comfortable weather makes it an ideal time for families and outdoor enthusiasts. We recommend you book your accommodation in advance to avoid any last minute hassles.
If you want to avoid the crowds, you can visit in April or May when there is a decline in crowds and prices, but it’s still not very cold.
Weather and prices
Best time to visit Hobart, weather wise. December to February has pleasantly warm weather with relatively low rainfall.
Cheapest time to visit Hobart. Prices tend to be constant from April to November, so search for flight and hotel deals during this period.
Best time to visit Hobart for...
- Markets. Hobart’s markets are open and accessible throughout the year.
- Hiking. Although the hiking trails around Hobart are open year-round, hiking in warm months (November to March) frees you from the risk posed by snow, rain and frost. Long daylight hours are also an added benefit with these months.
- Beaches. Hobart’s mild summer is the perfect time to enjoy the beaches.
- Wineries. If you’re seeking to take a wine tour and explore vineyards, November to February lets you view the standing crop.
- Snow. Naturally, you can experience snow in winter (June to July).
- Festivals. Numerous major festivals such as the Australian Wooden Boat Festival, the Royal Hobart Regatta, the Hobart Summer Festival and the Cygnet Folk Festival are organised and celebrated in summer.
Hot travel deals
Popular Travel coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|21 Oct 2020||Up to 75% off Australia activities + Extra up to 30% off with code||REM****|
|20 Oct 2020||Extra 10% off Australia activities with code||RBF****|
|20 Oct 2020||Extra $10 off site-wide with code||FDR****|
|9 Oct 2020||Extra $50 off Sydney and NSW stays||NSW****|
|8 Oct 2020||Northern Territory activities from $36 + Extra $10 off off with code||FDR****|
Find out the best time to go to...
Ask an Expert