Looking for the tastiest food, best family ship or booziest drinks package? Cruise to your ultimate South Pacific island holiday destination with one of these options.
With some of the world’s best beaches, breathtaking sunsets and exhilarating watersports, it’s easy to see why the South Pacific Islands are a popular cruise destination for travellers. It also helps that this tropical paradise is easily accessible from Australia and New Zealand.
Whether you are a couple looking for a romantic getaway, a family planning a fun-filled holiday or simply treating yourself to a relaxing escape, the South Pacific has a potent mix of natural beauty, colorful local culture and rich histories. So check out our cruise deals and promo codes to make the best of your next cruise holiday.
The world’s largest cruise line, Carnival has 25 ships delivering fun and memorable cruise holidays all over the world. Its dedicated sailings to the South Pacific depart Sydney.
- Perfect for families and anyone who likes to have Carnival-style fun
- Great value for money with sailings starting from less than $100 per night
- Available dining options: the kid-friendly Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast, celebrity chef Guy Fieri’s Burger Joint and Anchor Bar-B-Que and the traditional cruise Dining Room
- Top South Pacific ships: Carnival Spirit, Carnival Legend
Image: Royal Caribbean
Royal Caribbean has innovative onboard activities for all ages, including parades and an unforgettable ice show. Its massive ships are some of the largest at sea and the new megaship, Ovation of the Seas,starts sailing from Sydney in 2017.
- Staterooms for all budgets, ranging from cosy interior cabins to Royal Suite Class rooms for a VIP experience and your very own butler
- A wide range of activities including rock wall, ice skate, casinos, bumper cars, spas and pools
- Available dining options: Dynamic dining times, pub food by James Beard award-winning chef Michael Schwartz, onboard Jamie’s Italian and the Samba Grill Brazilian Steakhouse
- Top South Pacific ships: Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas
P&O is Australia’s largest cruise line and offers a lively, family-friendly atmosphere with excellent kids clubs.
- Every onboard purchase is charged in Australian dollars
- Available dining options: P&O has a wide variety of dining options, including Asian-fusion at Luna, the exclusive Chef’s Table, Salt Grill by celebrity chef Luke Mangan
- Top South Pacific ships: Pacific Dawn, Pacific Explorer, Pacific Jewel, Pacific Pearl
Princess Cruise Line
Branded as a mix of tradition and innovation, Princess offers passengers the best of both worlds in dining and entertainment.
- Caters for travellers of various age groups
- The Bon Voyage Experience allows you to invite friends and family on board for a small fee
- Available dining options: Chef’s Table by Curtis Stone, The Salty Dog Gastropub in collaboration with chef Ernesto Uchimura, and main dining room cuisine that’s inspired by the ship’s itinerary
- Top South Pacific ships: Sun Princess, Sea Princess, Emerald Princess, Golden Princess, Dawn Princess
Image: Captain Cook
Small-ship cruise line Captain Cook offers exclusive Fijian sailings for a taste of local hospitality, food and natural beauty.
- Explore the Fiji island chains including the Yasawa and Lau islands, and experience local culture, snorkelling and guided island tours
- Fiji cruises support local schools, giving passengers a chance to support the community
- Available dining options: fully catered meals provided, 24-hour self service tea and coffee bar, tropical island lovo feast
- Top South Pacific ships: Reef Endeavour
Average low price per night for a South Pacific cruise
- Carnival: $95 per night
- Royal Caribbean: $72 per night
- P&O: $98 per night
- Princess Cruises: $175 per night
- Captain Cook: $183 per night
Price for a drinks package on these South Pacific cruise lines
- Bottomless Bubbles: Includes unlimited juice and soda. Note: Carnival's Cheers! Beverage program, which includes unlimited alcohol, or any alcohol-inclusive program, is not available on South Pacific sailings.
Price: $7.25 for adults and $5.50 for children, per day.
- Non-Alcoholic: Includes premium coffee and tea, bottled water, fresh orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas
Price: US$19 for adults and USD$8 for children, per day
- Select: Includes beer, wine by the glass, fountain soda, non-alcoholic cocktails
Price: US$39 per day
- Premium: Includes premium, frozen and non-alcoholic cocktails, beer, premium wine by the glass, bottled water, fountain soda
Price: US$49 per day
- Ultimate: Everything from all the packages above, plus any other available drink options.
Price: US$59 per day
- Soft drinks: Includes unlimited fizzy drinks.
Price: $7 per day
- In-room bottled water: Includes six 1.5-litre bottles of water delivered to your room
Price: $19.80 per cruise
- Premium: Includes soft drinks, select spirits, wine, beer, coffee, cocktails and small bottles of water. Note: This package is only available on cruise seven nights or longer.
Price: $79 per day
- Unlimited Sodas and More: Unlimited fountain soft drinks, non-alcoholic cocktails, juices and hot chocolate
Price: US$8.05 per day
- Cafe Select: Valid for 15 espresso-based specialty coffees
Price: $35.65 per card
- All Inclusive: Unlimited drinks including cocktails, wine, beer, soda, lattes, cappuccinos and bottled water. Drinks must be valued at $10 or less each.
Captain cook doesn't offer drinks packages. Beverages can be purchased on board a la carte, and can be billed back to your room.
Which destinations do these cruise lines visit?
|Carnival||Royal Caribbean||P&O||Princess||Captain Cook|
|Papua New Guinea||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Want to buy cheap cruises online? Use one of our coupons:
|Luxe Sydney New Year's Eve Cruise + Open Bar and Food: $699||
|Valid for a 6-hour cruise aboard Starship Sydney from King Street Wharf including Australian wines and beer and food from cooking stations around the boat. See both the 9pm and midnight fireworks.||
|2-for-1 Fiji cruises||
|Valid for travel from 1 January 2018 - 5 March 2018 with Blue Lagoon Cruises. T&C's apply.||
|Up to $200 onboard credit with Royal Caribbean: Christmas sale||
|Valid for cruise on select dates. Destinations are Sydney, Noumea, Tasmania, New Zealand, Fiji and more. T&C's apply.||
|Free extras with Celebrity Cruises||
|Valid for cruise on select dates. Destinations are Sydney, Noumea, Tasmania, New Zealand, Fiji, Miami, Abu Dhabi, Hong Kong, Hanoi and more. T&C's apply.||
|25% off Fiji islands cruise||
|Valid select dates until 31 March 2017, including over Christmas. Includes transfers from Nadi/Denarau area hotels.||
|Europe or Ukraine river cruises + flights from $995||
|Valid on select 2018 Viking Europe or Ukraine river cruises of 12 days or less. Flights are available from major Australian cities. T&C's apply.||
|Christmas Cruises: Save up to 60% off||
|Valid on select cruises in Europe, South Pacific, Caribbean, Mediterranean and more. Sample prices include $759 for a 7-night Middle Eastern sailing.||
|Up to 72% off P&O Cruises||Valid on select cruises in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Islands including Fiji, New Caledonia. Sample discounts include 72% off a 3-night cruise from Brisbane, 85% off a 2-night cruise from Sydney to Melbourne and 56% off a 10-night South Pacific cruise from Sydney.||