Up to 25% off Europe summer getaway trips departing in 2024
The weather is heating up and if you're after a cheeky pre-Christmas trip, November is the month to do it.
It's one of the cheapest months of the year to travel and is blessed with brilliant warm weather throughout Australia.
We've talked enough. Now on to the destinations.
1. Best for events: Perth and its surrounds
The weather hasn't quite peaked in Perth yet and the wildflowers are still blooming, making Western Australia a choice pick of the mix.
Catch the latest flicks at the Rooftop Movies in Northbridge. Be entertained by live musicians, comedy acts and acrobatics at Cockburn Live and be amazed at the athletic abilities of the competitors of the Swan Valley Highland Games.
- November weather: 21–28°C, spring
- Top November events: Melbourne Cup festivities (7 November), Cockburn Live Fringe Festival (5 – 13 November 2023), and Rooftop Movies (from 4 November).
2. Best for city visit: Sydney
Warm weather, low crowds and a handful of events – there's no better time to enjoy the Harbour City.
- November weather: 16–23°C, spring
- Top November events: ICC Men's T20 World Cup (until 13 November), and 5km Foam Fest (25 – 26 November)
3. Best for adventure: Top End
The Top End is the place to be if you're looking for adventure. From Darwin to Uluru, there's always something to see and do. You might enjoy exploring the national parks, getting up close with crocs, seeing the landscape from camelback or taking a helicopter ride full of sweeping red views. The list is endless.
- November weather: 25–34°C, spring
- Top November events: Darwin Symphony Orchestra Shows (25 November), Northern Territory Caladium Festival (18-19 November).
4. Best for beaches: Hamilton Island and the Whitsundays
A trip to the Whitsundays is always a great idea, especially for romantic beach getaways. November is a quieter season as school isn't on break yet. You can expect more beach space to work on your tan, relax and listen to the rolling of the waves.
- November weather: 22–28°C, spring
- Top November events: Hamilton Island Triathlon (25 November), and Hamilton Island Ocean Swim (26 November)
5. Best surprise destination: Hobart and Port Arthur
Summer and Tassie make an almost perfect pair. But to avoid the busy season (AKA Christmas), pop by the island in November. Get in the car and drive east from Hobart to the historic site of Port Arthur and while you're there, take on any number of hiking trails in the nearby Tasman National Park.
- November weather: 10-19°C, spring
- Top November events: Effervescence Tasmania (10 – 12 November), Bicheno Food and Wine Festival (18 November) and Festival of Roses (3 November)
3 best places overseas destinations to visit in November
Have you been saving up for a big trip? Keep travel to these overseas destinations in mind. They're open with no quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated Australians.
1. Best for food lovers: Singapore
Singapore's hawker markets are a draw for food lovers around the globe. Visit Little India or Chinatown (or both) to taste traditional and modern cuisine and embrace the cultures. You'll want to explore Singapore's iconic attractions to work up an appetite.
- November weather: 22–32°C, wet
- Top November events: Singapore Writers Festival (17 – 26 November), Kalaa Utsavam Indian Festival of Arts (17 – 26 November)
2. Best for attractions: Los Angeles, USA
Spot the rich and famous out and about or take a trip to see the studios where the magic happens. The City of Angels is one of those places where there is an endless list of things to do and see, from Disneyland to hanging out on the beach in Malibu.
- November weather: 12–23°C, autumn
- Top November events: Vulture Festival (11 – 12 November), LA Zoo Lights (from 18 November onwards), Enchanted: Forest of Light (19-29 November), and Lightscape (17 November – 2 January)
3. Best for relaxation: Maldives
Maldives is the epitome of beach holidays. For minimal rainfall, warm weather and off-peak prices, November is one of the best months to hit up the islands.
Admittedly, there may still be some rainy spells, but you'll miss the brunt of December holidaymakers and sky-high prices this way.
- November weather: 24–29°C, dry season
- Top November events: None
The best of the rest
Best places to visit in Europe in November
- Santorini, Greece. While it might not be the warmest time of the year, Santorini is undoubtedly one of the last islands that's still pleasant for a visit. November is ideal for exploring its sights, views, wineries and food.
- Rome, Italy. You've got the Feast of Saint Cecilia and All Saints Day in November to experience Italian culture. Music lovers will also enjoy the Roma Jazz Festival and the start of the opera season.
Best places to visit in Asia in November
- Seoul, South Korea. The weather is mild, autumn flavours are rich and exciting and you've got your pick of some of the biggest festivals of the year in November. Catch the end of the cosmos bloom, challenge your fortune and try the infamous fugu and marvel at all the colours at the Seoul Lantern Festival.
- Myanmar. November marks the end of the monsoon season. You can explore the country with a backdrop of lush green foliage and cascading waterfalls. Make sure to visit during one of the hot air balloon festivals held throughout the month.
- Luang Prabang, Laos. It's the start of the dry season with pleasant average temperatures but the tourists have yet to descend. You'll get to enjoy this beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site at an ideal time.
Best places to visit in the US in November
- Arizona. Mild temperatures, fewer crowds and heaps of activities make the Grand Canyon state a delight to visit in November. Head to Tucson for the All Souls Procession Weekend, to Scottsdale for 10 days of fun at Canal Convergence or take in the views of the Grand Canyon with space to breathe.
- Hawaii. With the exception of Thanksgiving week, November is the quietest month to visit the islands. Prices also take a huge plunge so if you're okay with the chance of occasional showers, this could be a great bargain getaway.
- Virginia. Don't let the season pass by without catching a final glimpse of the fall foliage. Central and Eastern Virginia make it last until at least mid-November and a road trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway offers some of the best views.
Best places to visit in Japan in November
- Tokyo. November in Japan is all about seeing the autumn leaves and Tokyo has more than its fair share of tranquil viewing opportunities. Head to a zen garden, have a picnic in Yoyogi Park and make sure to stop in at the Jingu Gaien Ginkgo Festival.
- Izumo. Home to Izumo Grand Shrine, Japan's oldest Shinto shrine, Izumo hosts the Kamiari Festival when all of Japan's deities assemble at the shrine once a year.
- Iya Valley. If you'd like to get off the beaten track, this autumn beauty is tucked away among untamed rugged rocky gorges. The valley crevasses are adorned with brilliant reds, oranges and gold, making it worth the journey.
Best places to visit in Thailand in November
- Chiang Mai. The rainy season is over and the weather is perfect to get outdoors for an adventure in November. Time it right and you'll get to experience all the excitement and decorations leading up to one of Thailand's biggest festivals, Loy Krathong.
- Kanchanaburi. Best known for the Death Railway built during World War II, Kanchanaburi is more than just a destination for history buffs. Spend some more time exploring its waterfalls, ruins, caves, jungles, temples and lakes.
- Koh Chang. If you're looking for some beach time, it's tough to look past Koh Chang. It offers a slew of beautiful and relatively uncrowded beaches along with enough activities to fill your time off the beach towel.
Best places to visit in Scotland in November
- Edinburgh. Autumn foliage can still be found at the start of the month. The calendar is filled with events such as Edinburgh's Christmas and St Andrew's Day.
- Oban. The Oban Winter Festival is one of the highlights of the season. Events include the Distillery Market, Haggis Festival and the Grand Ceilidh with Oban Pipe Band.
- Cairngorms National Park. Witness one of nature's most spectacular phenomena when Scotland's largest land mammal, the red deer, ruts in a noisy clash of antlers and roars that can be heard from long distances.
Best places to visit in Canada in November
- Montréal. If you're looking for festivals, this is the place to be. You've got Montréal's Restaurant Week at the start of the month, multiple film festivals throughout and the unofficial start of the Christmas season with the lighting of the Place Ville-Marie Christmas tree.
- Churchill. Wildlife lovers looking for the best chance to observe polar bears in the wild should make a beeline for Manitoba when the bears move from their summer habitat on the tundra back to seal-hunting territory.
- Whistler. Foodies converge on Whistler every year when the food and drink festival Cornucopia takes place. Stick around for early December and see the Whistler Film Festival while opening day diehards wait for ski season to begin.
While you can now travel overseas, it's now more important than ever to get travel insurance to protect you and your trip in case things go wrong.
See deals of the best places to travel to
More guides on Finder
Finder’s RBA survey: Cash rate holds but rents could rise as much as 9.5% in 2024
Homeowners can rest a little easier this Christmas as the RBA held the cash rate at its final meeting of 2023.
Best RC and remote control cars in Australia
These are the 10 best RC cars you can get right now in Australia.
Finder ReAmped Electricity Switching Service Promotion (“Promotion”)
Read the terms and conditions for Finder's ReAmped Electricity Switching Promotion.
The best standing desk in Australia: Our top choice of the year
If you're looking for a standing desk for the home office, the Omnidesk Ascent is our #1 choice for 2023.
Fast NBN plans are now cheaper. Is it worth switching?
It's time to sort out your NBN plan for the new year.
Save $1,583 a year by using index funds instead of active trading | Dollar Saver tip #60
Invest in an index fund instead of actively trading stocks and you not only save on time and fees, you could be earning more in returns too.
5 perks you can score by upgrading your internet this year
SPONSORED: Upgrade your internet before the end of 2023 and get ahead on your life admin! We take a look at some of the benefits of a faster internet connection.
Aussies are struggling to save money, and Gen Z blame themselves
Young Australians cite overspending as the main reason for not reaching their financial goals.
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Get more from Finder
Get your credit score and credit report with Finder. Free forever.
With the cost of living rising, how can you get more in your pocket?
Ask an Expert