Join 400,000+ Aussies, trade Bitcoin and get your free credit score.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The weather is heating up and if you're after a cheeky pre-Christmas trip, November is the month to do it.
Not only is it one of the cheapest months of the year to travel, but it's also blessed with brilliant warm weather throughout Australia.
We've talked enough, now on to the destinations.
Before you book, know where you can and can't travel, as well as any quarantine or entry pass requirements, using our domestic travel restrictions guide.
1. Best for events: Perth and its surrounds
The weather hasn't quite peaked in Perth yet and the wildflowers are still blooming, making Western Australia a choice pick of the mix.
Laugh until you cry at the Perth Comedy Festival Gala and don't forget to stop by the Goon and Nugz festival celebrating chicken nuggets and Australia's favourite bagged wine.
- November weather: 21-28°C, spring
- Top November events: Melbourne Cup festivities (2 November), Perth Comedy Festival Gala (19 November) and Goon and Nugz Festival (27 November)
2. Best for city visit: Sydney
The city is open to all fully vaccinated visitors which means leisure travel is a go. There's no better time to enjoy the Harbour City.
- November weather: 16-23℃, spring
- Top November events: Hamilton (All month), Sydney Film Festival 2021 (3 November) and 5km Foam Fest (28 November)
3. Best for adventure: Top End
The Top End is the place to be if you're looking for adventure. From Darwin to Uluru, there's always something to see and do. You might enjoy exploring the national parks, getting up close with crocs, see the landscape from camelback or take helicopter rides of sweeping red views. The list is truly endless.
- November weather: 25-34°C, spring
- Top November events: Darwin International Laksa Festival (1-28 November), Mango Madness Festival (13 November) and Darwin Symphony Orchestra Shows (27 November)
4. Best for beaches: Hamilton Island and the Whitsundays
A trip to the Whitsundays is always a great idea, especially for romantic beach getaways. November is a quieter season as school hasn't broken yet so you can expect more beach space to work on your tan, relax and listen to the rolling of the waves.
- November weather: 22-28°C, spring
- Top November events: Hamilton Island PGA Golf Tour (11 November), Hamilton Island Triathalon (13 November) and Whitehaven Beach Ocean Swim (14 November)
5. Best surprise destination: Hobart and Port Arthur
Summer and Tassie make an almost perfect pair. But to avoid the busy season (AKA Christmas), pop by the island in November. According to KAYAK pricing data, hitting the road in November can save you almost 50% off car hire compared to December. So get in the car and drive east from Hobart to the historic site of Port Arthur and while you're there take on any number of hiking trails in the nearby Tasman National Park.
- November weather: 10-19°C, spring
- Top November events: Effervescence Tasmania (5-7 November), Bicheno Food and Wine Festival (20 November) and Festival of Roses (21 November)
3 best places overseas destinations to visit in November
Have you been saving up for a big trip? Keep travel to these overseas destinations in mind in mind as they're open with no quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated Australians.
1. Best for food lovers: Singapore
Singapore City's hawker markets are a draw for food lovers around the globe. Visit Little India or Chinatown (or both) to taste traditional and modern cuisine and embrace the cultures. You'll want to explore Singapore's iconic attractions to work up an appetite.
- November weather: 22-32°C, wet
- Top November events: Singapore Writers Festival (5-14 November), Kalaa Utsavam Indian Festival of Arts (19-28 November)
2. Best for attractions: Los Angeles, United States of America
Spot the rich and famous out and about or take a trip to see the studios where the magic happens. The City of Angels is one of those places where there is an endless list of things to do and see from Disneyland to hanging out on the beach in Malibu.
- November weather: 12-23℃, autumn
- Top November events: Head in the Clouds Festival (6-7 November), Vulture Festival (13-14 November) and LA Zoo Lights (from 19 November onwards)
3. Best for relaxtion: Maldives
Maldives is the epitome of beach holidays, for minimal rainfall, warm weather and off-peak prices, November is one of the best months to hit up the islands.
Admittedly, there may still be some rainy spells, but you'll miss the brunt of December holidaymakers and sky-high prices this way.
- November weather: 24-29℃, dry season
- Top November events: None
The best of the rest
Best places to visit in Europe in November
- Santorini, Greece. While it might not be the warmest time of the year, Santorini is undoubtedly one of the last islands that's still pleasant for a visit. November is ideal for exploring its sights, views, wineries and food.
- Rome, Italy. You've got the Feast of Saint Cecilia and All Saints Day in November to experience Italian culture. Music lovers will also enjoy the Roma Jazz Festival and the start of opera season.
Best places to visit in Thailand in November
- Chiang Mai. The rainy season is over and the weather is perfect to get outdoors and adventure in November. Time it right and you'll get to experience all the excitement and decorations leading up to one of Thailand's biggest festivals, Loy Krathong.
- Kanchanaburi. Best known for the Death Railway built during World War II, Kanchanaburi is more than just a destination for history buffs. Spend some more time to explore its waterfalls, ruins, caves, jungles, temples and lakes.
- Koh Chang. If you're looking for some beach time, it's tough to look past Koh Chang which offers a slew of beautiful and relatively uncrowded beaches along with enough activities to fill your time off the beach towel.
Best places to visit in Scotland in November
- Edinburgh. Autumn foliage can still be found at the start of the month and the calendar is filled with events such as Edinburgh's Christmas and St Andrew's Day.
- Oban. The Oban Winter Festival is one of the highlights of the season with a variety of fun events including the Distillery Market, Haggis Festival and the Grand Ceilidh with Oban Pipe Band.
- Cairngorms National Park. Witness one of nature's most spectacular phenomena when Scotland's largest land mammal, the red deer, rut in a noisy clash of antlers and roars that can be heard from long distances.
Best places to visit in Canada in November
- Montreal. If you're looking for festivals, this is the place to be. You've got Montreal's Restaurant Week at the start of the month, multiple film festivals throughout and the unofficial start of the Christmas season with the lighting of Place Ville-Marie Christmas tree.
- Churchill. Wildlife lovers looking for the best chance to observe polar bears in the wild should make a beeline for Manitoba when the bears move from their summer habitat on the tundra back to seal-hunting territory.
- Whistler. Foodies converge on Whistler every year when food and drink festival Cornucopia takes place, stick around for early December and see the Whistler Film Festival while opening day diehards wait for ski season to begin.
|Country||Reopening date||Where to book|
|United Kingdom||Open now||Book|
|United States of America||Open now||Book|
|South Africa||Open now||Book|
While you can now travel overseas, it's more important than it's ever been to get travel insurance to protect you and your trip in case things go wrong.
- Fly to Europe from $1,154 return in the latest Etihad Airways sale
- 4 cheap overseas holidays you can take now that QLD borders are open
- 10 Best Boxing Day 2021 travel deals
- Annual leave hacks: Turn 20 days of leave into 50+ days off work in 2022
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Back to school laptops: Buying guide
What are the things to watch out for when buying your child's first laptop?
Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
As Russia gets ready to outlaw its local crypto market, BTC could be faced with even greater volatility in the near future.
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
Here are the 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.
Get more from Finder
Sign up for our FREE 8-week course to get on the property ladder.
Ask an Expert