Latest sales from P&O, Carnival, Royal Caribbean and more.
Best places to go for cruises in September 2020
Set sail on these September cruises and tick off some bucket-list destinations.
September marks the start of a change in season where temperatures are more moderate and there are a select number of surprise destinations to choose from priced lower than other times of the year.
Our list shares the best places to cruise so you can just sit back, relax and take in the scenery.
Top 4 places to cruise in September
1. New Caledonia
Indulge in long stretches of sand and natural wonders.
A relatively short distance from Australia, you can easily cruise to this Pacific paradise on a week-long vacation.
Experience a charming mix of French and Melanesian hospitality while you choose to relax or seek out an adventure.
- Departures from: Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne.
- Why September? The month marks the start of the best season to cruise New Caledonia. The weather is warm, rainfall is low and humidity is not as high, not to mention crowds are also smaller at this time of year.
Sail right to the doorstep of Europe’s historical marvels on a European river cruise.
Europe has always been the perfect balance of ancient and modern sights and one of the most relaxing ways to discover it is by river. Capture all of your bucket list must-sees in one go and explore some of the more charming sides of Europe.
- Departures from: Ports in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland are popular starting points.
- Why September? September is our favourite month because of the mild weather, normal water levels and the added benefit that most of the crowds have been and gone.
3. Transatlantic journeys
Take advantage of big savings while sailing from Europe to the United States.
If you’re all about the journey then a repositioning cruise could be perfect for you. As the cruise line changes location for the new season you can get on board for a transatlantic cruise at a fraction of the cost.
- Departures from: Western European ports like Barcelona, Bergen and Marseille are common starting points.
- Why September? Most repositioning cruises take place in the short time between mid-September and October.
Explore one of the world’s top cruising destinations away from all the crowds.
See what all the fuss is about with a cruise through a region known not just for its long stretches of coastline but also unparalleled culture and diverse cultural experiences.
- Departures from: Most cruises start from ports in France, Greece, Spain and Italy.
- Why September? While holiday goers suffer through sweltering temperatures during peak season, September is far more pleasant and perfect for sailing.
Catch all the latest cruise deals departing Australia and beyond on our Cruise Sales page.
Top Cruise Posts
Get the best weather and the best price with these tips.
Ask an Expert