Best places to cruise in November
With cruising season well under way, we suss out the best places to hit the water in November.
The weather is warming and so is cruise season, which kicked off in early October.
If you haven't already booked your trip, November is our pick to pull up anchor and explore by ship. That's because it's a quiet time for travellers in general, meaning you'll often find it's one of the most budget-friendly and weather-friendly times to get on the water.
Where should you go? We know a few places. So sit back, relax and enjoy the show.
Top 4 places to cruise in November
1. New Zealand
Rolling plains, magical fjords and soft sandy beaches welcome you on a cruise around New Zealand.
With summer knocking on its doors, New Zealand comes into its own in November as the weather heats up and its striking scenery comes into full view.
November is one of the cheapest months to cruise the nation, edging just outside peak season with numerous cruises navigating the country's best spots, including Fiordland National Park and Picton.
- Departures from: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Darwin.
- Why November? Off-peak travelling to New Zealand is win-win in November with budget-friendly rooms, uncrowded ships and warm weather.
Cross the Bass Strait to drink up coastal views of our island state from your cruise ship balcony.
November is when cruise lines start ramping up their sailings to Tasmania, and with many of them (particularly those departing Sydney and Melbourne) being round-trip offerings, you won't have to think about how to get home.
Well, aside from your airport transfers.
- Departures from: Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth.
- Why November? Treat yourself to quiet sailings, warming weather and short five-day itineraries that start from $571 per person. What more could you ask for?
For a sun-kissed, beach-blessed island, look no further than the pristine island of Fiji.
You'll be on Fiji time from the moment you step off the boat as you and your worries sail away to a paradise that's honestly not that far away.
Trips vary from 8 days to over 30 days in length and can be simple return journeys to and from Fiji to more extensive travels that include Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, New Zealand and more.
- Departures from: Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Why November? October and November offers an incredible balance of sunny days and off-peak prices. Crowds are at bay, giving you ample room to explore and enjoy without feeling rushed.
4. Hong Kong
Experience the perfect pamper from cruise port to cruise port by taking off to Hong Kong.
Conditions for exploring and experiencing the Asian territory of Hong Kong are perfect between October and December.
With November in the heart of that picture-perfect time period, you won't find a better time to hit its shops, clubs and tourist attractions.
- Departures from: Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
- Why November? Being autumn in Hong Kong, November offers minimal rainfall, pleasant temperatures and mild humidity.