Best places to cruise in November
With summer knocking on our doors, we suss out the best places to hit the water in November.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
International travel is banned but that doesn't mean you can't hop on a small luxury cruise boat for a few hours to a few days to explore local waters.
These hotspots have sunny decks, arresting landscapes and are sailing throughout November.
Top places in Australia to cruise to in November
The marine adventures outside of Perth are seemingly endless. If you've ticked Rottnest Island and Shark Bay off your list already, check out Rockingham. Cruises take you out onto the water for a chance to swim with wild dolphins. Magical? We think so.
- Departures from: Perth.
- Why November? Although the dolphins hang around Rockingham throughout most of the year, November is ideal to play with them as the water is nice and warm.
2. Noosa Everglades
Love that relaxed feeling you get from a scenic cruise? Noosa Everglades has serenity cruises where you'll be surrounded by calm waters, native birds and thousands of plant species. Wildlife is abundant and to make sure your energy levels are kept up to see it all, cruises can include food and drinks.
- Departures from: Noosa Heads and Noosaville.
- Why November? It's still spring when the region is lush and the wildlife is highly active. The weather makes it pleasant to stay on the deck all day long, too.
3. Broughton Island
Hail that sunshine and take a road trip from Sydney to Port Stephens for a much-deserved couple of days off.
Choose to cruise around Broughton Island and in return you'll be taken by its sheltered coves, colourful marine life and snorkelling opportunities. This is a great choice for families. But then, when is Port Stephens not?
- Departures from: Nelson Bay.
- Why November? November to April is peak season around Broughton as the weather is picture-perfect and warm enough for swimming and snorkelling. Keep your peepers peeled for its resident dolphins, which are there year-round.
4. Upper Murray
Now that Victorians are able to travel freely throughout the state, those with an itch to cruise can scratch it along the Murray River. River cruises sail down this iconic Aussie waterway starting in Echuca. Spend your days learning about the history of the river, listening to the calls of river birds and tucking into Aussie scones by day and Aussie barbeques by night.
Short land tours are available throughout the multi-day journey to riverside towns such as Barmah.
- Departures from: Echuca.
- Why November? If that glorious 26ºC+ weather doesn't win you over we don't know what will.
Top overseas places to cruise in November
Keep these on your radar for when international travel is permitted again.
1. New Zealand
Rolling plains, magical fiords and soft sandy beaches welcome you on a cruise around New Zealand.
With summer knocking on its doors, New Zealand comes into its own in November as the weather heats up and you view its striking scenery while cruising along its magnificent coastline.
November is one of the cheapest months to cruise the nation, edging just outside peak season with numerous cruises navigating the country's best spots, including Fiordland National Park and Picton.
- Departures from: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Darwin.
- Why November? Off-peak travelling to New Zealand is a win-win in November with budget-friendly rooms, uncrowded ships and warm weather.
For a sun-kissed, beach-blessed island, look no further than the pristine island of Fiji.
You'll be on Fiji time from the moment you step off the boat as you and your worries sail away to a paradise that's honestly not that far away.
Trips vary from 8 days to over 30 days in length and can be simple return journeys to and from Fiji or more extensive travels that include Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, New Zealand and more.
- Departures from: Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Why November? October and November offer an incredible balance of sunny days and off-peak prices. Crowds are at bay, giving you ample room to explore and enjoy without feeling rushed.
3. Hong Kong
Experience the perfect pamper from cruise port to cruise port by taking off to Hong Kong.
Conditions for exploring and experiencing the Asian territory of Hong Kong are perfect between October and December.
With November in the heart of that picture-perfect time period, you won't find a better time to hit its shops, clubs and tourist attractions.
- Departures from: Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
- Why November? Being autumn in Hong Kong, November offers minimal rainfall, pleasant temperatures and mild humidity.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Amazon Prime Day top beauty buys: 40% off FOREO, GHD, L’Oreal
From makeup to skincare to haircare, these are the hot beauty offers we're expecting to see this Prime Day.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen will square off in what's being called Termination Day.
eBay kitchen EOFY sale: 75% off with these discount codes
Score up to 75% off cookwares and kitchen appliances when you add these 'hidden' discount codes during the eBay EFOY sale.
Why did the Coca Cola (NYSE:KO) share price drop?
Shares in the beverage maker had lifted nearly 15% since February.
Amazon Prime Day: Top hacks for Australians in the 2021 sales
From when to shop to how to split the cost of your purchase, we’ve got you covered this Prime Day.
How to invest in the Charger Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Charger Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Editor’s Picks from the Nasty Gal x We The Wild Ones new edit
Ultimate cool gals Lucy and Nikki just dropped the rock n roll edit of our dreams and here's how you can get 60% off at the checkout.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: Amazon Prime Day early-bird deals, 25% off Lenovo Chromebooks, Bose audio clearance.
How to invest in the PEXA Group IPO
Everything we know about the PEXA Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert