Best places to cruise in March 2020
Where to sail for the best weather and maximum adventure.
March is a changeover season for many parts of the world. In the northern hemisphere it's the end of the bitter cold and here in the south, we're getting ready to say goodbye to the heat of summer.
Our list covers the best places to consider for a cruise vacation with the best weather possible with no rain and maximum sunshine.
Top 4 places to cruise in March
1. New Zealand
Winter is knocking on its door so it's time to see the last of the summer scenery.
The warmer months will soon be gone so March will be your last chance for those nature-based shore excursions.
While you won't see any snow, you'll be able to visit some of the most picturesque summer spots, like Hobbiton, Marlborough and the hot thermal springs of Rotorua.Search for New Zealand cruise
- Departures from: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Darwin.
- Why March? You should find lower prices now that the summer crowds have died off.
2. Los Angeles
Rub shoulders with A-listers in the City of Angels.
The second largest city in the US is the hub for all things Hollywood. If you're feeling like some childlike fun, head to one of the big theme parks or if you want to soak in all the sights then just pick an area and explore on foot.Search for Los Angeles cruises
- Departures from: Vancouver or San Francisco.
- Why March? The rainy winter season is over and the air is less heavy with smog.
The big city that has a little something for everyone.
Melbourne is often called the cultural capital of Australia and for good reason. It's stylish, artsy and often the birthplace of hipster trends around the country.
You can choose to either do a roundtrip cruise or disembark in Melbourne to take in more of the sights before flying home.Search for Melbourne cruise
- Departures from: Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth.
- Why March? A slew of fun festivals happens in March with something to appeal to most. March is just after the city’s hottest and wettest months so you miss out on those sweltering Melbourne summers.
Explore ancient cities and sail through UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Long days spent temple hopping and trekking rice fields require cool temperatures and dry days and March is perfect for both. Vietnam is perfect for the cruiser who wants to fill their days with adventure and come back to the comfort of their cabin at night.Search for Vietnam cruise
- Departures from: Most departures are from Sydney or Darwin.
- Why March? March is one of Vietnam’s driest months for both rainfall and humidity. It’s also a rare month without any school or public holidays.