Best places to cruise in June
Winter lovers and summer sunbathers can both get on board.
With winter setting in here in Australia, you might be tempted to spend your time hibernating indoors. The good news is, whether you're into the cold weather or not, you can find a great cruise destination.
Head north for some more summer sun or embrace the cold and spend your holiday hiking glaciers and spotting bears.
Top 4 places to cruise in June
Enjoy one of the world's most stunning coastlines right in our own backyard.
Australia’s Sunshine State isn’t just about the Great Barrier Reef and a cruise along the coast involves so much more. Think golden beaches, lush rainforests and even the chance to spot whales, dolphins and dugongs right from the ship.
- Departures from: Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
- Why June? You can avoid winter just a little bit longer with warmer weather coupled with low rainfalls.
Take in this wild natural beauty with the ideal weather for exploring.
Discover arctic glaciers, crystal clear lakes, snowy mountain ranges and unique wildlife in one of the world’s most sought-after cruising destinations.
With a short season to plan around the weather doesn’t reach its peak until June allowing you to get off the ship and really get up close and personal.
- Departures from: Most departures are from Vancouver, Seattle, Juneau and Seaward.
- Why June? June offers longer days, warm temperatures and dry weather.
Pink sand beaches and a festival season.
The party starts as soon as you get off the boat as you’re greeted by a carnival of sounds, sights and smells.
While your days on the island are filled with getting to know the beaches and further inland, your nights can be filled with dancing to steel pan music on the harbour, shopping in the night market and indulging at the local restaurants and bars.
- Departures from: Most departures are from the East Coast of the USA including New York, New Jersey, Baltimore, Miami and Boston.
- Why June? The month is smack in the middle of the festival season and avoids the height of hurricane season.
4. Greek Islands
A cruise filled with highlights for every type of traveller.
The Greek Islands is one of those rare places where you can find something for everyone. History buffs can seek out ancient ruins, shoppers will have a field day trying to fit in all the stores and galleries and beach bums will have their pick of some of the best beaches in the world.
- Departures from: Athens, Venice and Civitavecchia are popular starting points.
- Why June? June is ideal for avoiding the worst of the crowds and the hottest summer days.