Best places to cruise in January
The holiday break may be over but that doesn’t mean that you can’t treat yourself to a relaxing cruise.
Since the hectic Christmas season has come to an end it’s time to look after and treat yourself to some time at sea and exploring new destinations.
We share the best destinations to cruise to so you can start 2020 right.
Singapore has a little bit of something for everyone.
It’s here that you’ll be able to find the old and new clashing to create a diverse and beautiful country. Nature and wildlife can be found throughout, making it a true garden city, yet it’s a hub for shopping lovers.
Cultures mix and exotic food can be found just about anywhere and it will all be delicious.
- Departures from: Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Cairns and Auckland
- Why January? January is a prime time for visitors to cruise Southeast Asia, including Singapore as the high humidity breaks and the temperatures cool.
2. South America
Discover exotic lands, sights and unbeatable nature on this stunning continent.
In South America your eyes will be stuffed with wonder and colour that fills the streets around you from the buildings to the traditional local clothing. The diversity, history and wildlife found on this continent from ice in Patagonia to deserts in Chile and unique creatures in the Galapagos, this is one place that will be sure to deliver.
- Departures from: Cruises around South America primarily depart from South America
- Why January? Cruising around South America is essential in the summer, making January one of the best months as the water is at an appropriate level for cruises along the Amazon river and the Panama Canal. It also guarantees there is enough daylight in Patagonia.
White sand beaches and relaxing days are calling your name.
The perfect place to kick back is in the Caribbean where the waves and tropical music can make you forget about any worries.
Not to mention the incredible diving and snorkelling plus the amazing people and scrumptious food that make this group of islands a top place to visit.
- Departures from: Cruises to the Caribbean generally don't depart from Australia unless they're part of a longer world cruise. Cruises mainly depart from within the Caribbean or from Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Miami and Tampa in the US.
- Why January? January around the islands is one of the driest months of the year and temperatures are are much more bearable compared to the scorching summers.
4. Mexico's West Coast
Margaritas and Mexican sunsets should be enough to have you booking a cruise for next month.
But if that doesn’t convince you let us remind you about the ancient ruins, turquoise waters for exploring and jaw dropping coastal views. Whether you need some time to party, relax or a bit of history, the Mexican coast is the place for you to cruise.
- Departures from: San Francisco, San Diego, Caldera and Los Angeles.
- Why January? January offers cooler temperatures and the driest weather, plus it’s an optimal time to spot marine life that includes whales, dolphins, sea lions and more in the Sea of Cortez.