Best places to cruise in April 2019
Where to sail for the best combination of adventure, scenery and perfect weather.
For many parts of the world, April is spring’s true awakening. The weather continues to get warmer, the grass gets greener, and the landscapes present some of the most beautiful blooms of the year.
Our list features the best places to cruise if you want to maximise your time with beautiful scenery and activities you can’t find anywhere else.
Top 4 places to cruise in April
1. Tropical North Queensland
Experience one of the seven wonders of the natural world – right on your doorstep.
Plan to get out and visit one stunning beach after the other or try your hand at snorkelling or scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef.
April is a very small window between the high and low seasons where you'll find comfortable temperatures both in and out of the water and thin crowds after Easter.
- Departures from: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin or Perth.
- Why April? You’ll miss the peak-season crowds and the high humidity of summer with lower prices.
Spot volcanoes, go island-hopping or meet the local wildlife.
The perfect mix of culture, adventure and relaxation, Hawaii offers something for everyone.
The month with the fewest visitors gives you the added bonus of watching the explosion of colourful flowers coming to life and the opportunity to spot whales as they birth and raise their calves.
- Departures from: Choose a longer cruise that departs from Brisbane or Sydney or start off in Los Angeles for a shorter cruise time.
- Why April? April brings the ideal combination of great weather and comparatively low prices in the islands.
3. Western Mediterranean
Find historical ports and picture perfect towns in your own piece of European paradise.
If you're looking for a taste of Europe then a cruise in the Western Mediterranean during April is great for sunny days and blue skies.
Explore bucket list cities like Barcelona, Cannes, Rome and Marseilles all without having to pack and unpack in between.
- Departures from: Barcelona or Rome are common starting points.
- Why April? Lower off-season fares and you avoid the crowds and heat of summer.
4. Riviera Maya, Mexico
Explore ancient ruins and sail through crystal clear Caribbean waters.
When it comes to shore excursions in this part of the world, the list is long and extensive. You can sip margaritas on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world or spend a day getting to know the temples, pyramids and carvings of Chichen Itza.
Sea adventures and delicious food are also on the menu so you don’t have to choose just one type of vacation.
- Departures from: Most departures are from ports in Florida - Miami, Port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale.
- Why April? You’ll be right in the middle of a short summer season plus the opportunity to spot sea turtles making their nests.