The Philippines offers everything from active breaks to beach lounging. Whichever your style, we’ve handpicked the top tour experts and recommended select tours to suit your travel needs.
Hiking, islands, history and city life, G Adventures offers it all on small group tours that focus on eco friendliness and giving back to the community.
- Best for: Eco enthusiasts and adventure lovers
- Cost: Mid-range
- Our favourite itinerary: The Philippines Palawan Adventure takes you to some of the most beautiful spots on the Philippine island of Palawan such as Puerto Princesa and El Nido, allowing time for exploration and relaxation.
Book you G Adventures tour
Be led by an expert Intrepid guide on a tour that focuses on connecting with locals, travelling responsibly and designing tours that balance your time well.
- Best for: Adventure travellers
- Cost: Mid-range
- Our favourite itinerary: The Philippines Discovery tour allows you to explore the northern Philippines by hiking and trekking through the most picturesque regions on Luzon Island.
Book your Intrepid tour
Specialising in taking travellers to more off-the-beaten-path destinations, Uncharted Philippines destinations are geared at active and adventurous travellers seeking the exceptional.
- Best for: Active travellers
- Cost: Budget
- Our favourite itinerary: In 6 days you can see less visited towns on the Mountain Province Hidden Gems tour by venturing into uncharted territory for hikes and epic sunrises.
Book your Uncharted Philippines tour
Explore! is an all-rounder and crowd pleaser, catering to travellers of every kind with small group, private tours, self-guided and custom-made tours. Tours are active, cultural and historical.
Book your Explore! tour
Other tour companies that offer tours in the Philippines
- Bamba Experience: The name says it all – Bamba Experience is all about the experiences you have travelling. It has a focus on adventure and water activities in the Philippines with tours dedicated to kayaking, diving and canoeing.
- Wanderlands Travel: Though Wanderlands Travel only offers one Philippines tour, we think it’s one of the best out there that covers all of the most beautiful islands in one trip.
- G Adventures: G Adventures leads small groups to some of the Philippines’ most picturesque islands like Cebu and Palawan while giving back to the locals and communities.
- Bamba Experience: This company focuses on creating tours that help you live in the moment with incredible experiences, so it has included swimming with whale sharks in Donsol.
- Free & Easy Traveler: Group tours for millennials are affordable and include all of the top experiences in a destination, such as swimming with whale sharks in Donsol.
- Wanderlands Travel: Wanderlands Travel has tours in tropical destinations that focus on culture, fun and adventure is each place including swimming with whale sharks in Cebu.
Hiking and trekking
- Intrepid Travel: Intrepid leads small group tours on hiking trips to the Philippines’ best natural landscape destinations.
- Uncharted Philippines: Get off the beaten track on a hiking tour in northern Philippines.
- Bamba Experience: Bamba offers a wide variety of nature and adventure tours that incorporate outdoor activities. For the more active adventurers it also features an Ifugao Mountain Adventure which features a 10+ hour trek across 3 days.
- G Adventures: Marine-based activities pepper G Adventures’ touring activities, providing you with the chance to get up-close-and-personal with its underwater wildlife.
- Bamba Experience: Much of the Philippines wildlife is underwater with incredible diving opportunities which Bamba Experience offers on tours.
- Viator: Viator has one of the largest selections of wildlife and marine life tours for one to multi-day trips from destinations across the Philippines.
Palawan: Puerto Princesa and El Nido
Palawan has consistently been named one of the most beautiful islands in the world with waters multiple shades of blue and green, top diving sites and one of the world’s seven natural wonders.
Most Palawan tours start in Manila with a quick flight to Puerto Princesa and all stop in El Nido, some venturing further to explore additional islands just off the coast.
Northern Philippines: Manila, Batad/Banaue
The Northern Philippines shows off the country’s diversity. Luzon Island is where all of the magic is, such as the UNESCO World Heritage rice fields where many hike through, the mega city of Manila, waterfalls and more.
Central Visayas: Cebu, Bohol and Boracay
Cebu is a large island where you experience city life, waterfalls and go diving with whale sharks. The islands surrounding and close to Cebu such as Bohol hold some of the best wildlife in the country and natural Chocolate Hills, while Boracay is the ultimate beach destination.
The answer varies for all travellers depending on what you want: hiking, beaches, diving, island hopping or a combination of everything.
Our best advice is to spend a minimum of 5 days as this allows you to explore the highlights of 1-2 destinations.
A week and a half lets you explore these destinations more in depth, or add a third destination.
Two weeks gives you ample time to get active in the north and see a couple of the islands.
If you really want to see a large chunk of the Philippines, plan to spend a minimum of 3 weeks to a month.
Top 5-day tour
Top 10-day tour
Top 2-week long tour
Top 14+ day tour
Popular Travel coupon codes
|24 Jan 2020
||New Year sale: Extra $30 off with code
|22 Jan 2020
||US$30 off on tours and activities with code
|16 Jan 2020
||Up to 40% off worldwide hotels + Extra 8% off with code
|10 Jan 2020
||Extra 8% off hotels
|9 Jan 2020
||Up to 75% off worldwide hotels + extra 5% off with code