Best overwater bungalows in Thailand
These overwater bungalows might just be more beautiful than the ones in the Maldives.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
We understand that island getaways can be quite expensive. Good news for you water babies, we’ve curated the top five overwater bungalows in Thailand that will fit all budgets and itineraries.
The Float House River Kwai from Finder Hotels
The Float House on River Kwai boutique villas are thoughtfully designed for privacy but also feature communal spaces for socialising. Here’s how your trip should play out: 1. Stay in the midst of lush rainforest 2. Fall asleep to gentle river sounds 3. Wake up to sunset and mountain views 4. Wildlife sighting adventure on a canoe
- 4-star villas
- Traditional teak wood design spaces, overwater restaurant and bar
- Each of the floating villas gives you direct access to the river via canoe or long tail boat
- Close to waterfalls, trails and nature parks
- Cultural shows
- Rooms from $214 per night
Blue Sky Resort, Koh Payam from Finder Hotels
With thatched roofs, big windows and direct access to cerulean waters, staying in Blue Sky is like going to the Maldives, but at a fraction of the price. For the ultimate room-to-sea experience, opt for the Villa Maldives room type.
- 4-star resort
- Spacious villas with lots of natural light
- On-site bar and restaurant serves authentic Thai food
- Panoramic view of the sea from waterfront villas and steps leading directly to the water
- Numerous activities like canoeing and biking are free, while diving trips can be arranged for the more adventurous
- Rooms from $200 per night
Kwai Tara Riverside Villas from Finder Hotels
If thatched roofs and traditional interior design don’t float your boat, book a stay at Kwai Tara Riverside Villas. This modern and luxurious overwater stay is conveniently located so you can come home to your floating water bed after a tiring city tour.
- 4-star hotel
- Spacious rooms with large balconies and a private entrance
- Floating villas let you dip your feet into the water right from your personal balcony
- Close to tourist attractions like the Memorial
- Museum and water activities (bamboo rafting)
- Rooms from $150 per night
500 Rai Floating Resort from Finder Hotels
We swear the photo above isn’t photoshopped! Book a stay at 500 Rai Floating Resort for the ultimate #nofilter holiday photos. For a true getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city, this resort is 80km away from the city and perfect if your ideal holiday is to relax in a picturesque paradise.
- 3-star resort
- Each villa has a private balcony and modern amenities
- Guests can go for a dip in the lagoon or hop into their own canoe, which is located right outside your door
- With only 16 rooms, you’ll be guaranteed a truly private and relaxing holiday
- Rooms from $369 per night
KC Resort & Overwater Villas from Finder Hotels
When you want to stay in an overwater villa and also have a private pool, staying in KC Resort is a no-brainer. Discover the best that Chenang Bay has to offer when you stay here, from the views to water sports.
- 4-star villas
- Luxurious villas with private bathtubs and jacuzzis and in-house restaurants
- Uniquely stacked villas with a private infinity pools
- Located just a short five-minute drive to the beach, dining and entertainment hotspots
- Rooms from $115 per night
Still looking for the right room? Browse for more here:
More guides on Finder
10 breathtaking romantic getaways on the Sunshine Coast
From the waterfront to the poolside, these are the Sunshine Coast getaways that will have you unwinding in just minutes.
11 romantic getaways in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland for secluded luxury
Escape to the lush Sunshine Coast hinterland and stay at accommodation made for two with our top picks on where to stay for a romantic getaway.
10 romantic getaways in the Northern Territory
Your secluded escape awaits with some of the Northern Territory's most picturesque stays that were made for couples.
11 ideas for romantic getaways in Tasmania that will sweep you off your feet
From glass cabins that overlook forests to luxurious seaside escapes, these Tasmanian getaways offer the perfect romantic adventure.
Best places to travel in February
5 holiday destinations that should to spend a few days to a week in this February.
Best overwater bungalows in Cook Islands
Unsure of where to stay on your Cook Islands holiday? Our guide to the best overwater bungalows and waterfront villas will make sure that the only thing you have to worry about is which bikini to bring.
Best Overwater Bungalows in Vanuatu
Live the life in Vanuatu without the hefty price-tag by making your stay in one of these luxurious overwater bungalows. Prices start from just $122 per night.
Best holidays for toddlers in Australia to take in 2021
Discover the top places to take toddlers around Australia with our run-down of family-friendly, affordable holiday destinations from Brisbane to Darwin.
15 best Christmas holiday destinations for Australians 2021
Find the Christmas holiday that’s perfect for you, from festive escapes to beach-blessed cities, with our Christmas holiday destination, booking and deals guide.
Best February travel deals for 2022
For the cheapest holiday packages, flights, hotel stays and more during the month of February, check out our roundup of the best February travel deals.
Ask an Expert