Best overwater bungalows in Thailand
These overwater bungalows might just be more beautiful than the ones in the Maldives.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
We understand that island getaways can be quite expensive. Good news for you water babies, we’ve curated the top five overwater bungalows in Thailand that will fit all budgets and itineraries.
The Float House River Kwai from Finder Hotels
The Float House on River Kwai boutique villas are thoughtfully designed for privacy but also feature communal spaces for socialising. Here’s how your trip should play out: 1. Stay in the midst of lush rainforest 2. Fall asleep to gentle river sounds 3. Wake up to sunset and mountain views 4. Wildlife sighting adventure on a canoe
- 4-star villas
- Traditional teak wood design spaces, overwater restaurant and bar
- Each of the floating villas gives you direct access to the river via canoe or long tail boat
- Close to waterfalls, trails and nature parks
- Cultural shows
- Rooms from $214 per night
Blue Sky Resort, Koh Payam from Finder Hotels
With thatched roofs, big windows and direct access to cerulean waters, staying in Blue Sky is like going to the Maldives, but at a fraction of the price. For the ultimate room-to-sea experience, opt for the Villa Maldives room type.
- 4-star resort
- Spacious villas with lots of natural light
- On-site bar and restaurant serves authentic Thai food
- Panoramic view of the sea from waterfront villas and steps leading directly to the water
- Numerous activities like canoeing and biking are free, while diving trips can be arranged for the more adventurous
- Rooms from $200 per night
Kwai Tara Riverside Villas from Finder Hotels
If thatched roofs and traditional interior design don’t float your boat, book a stay at Kwai Tara Riverside Villas. This modern and luxurious overwater stay is conveniently located so you can come home to your floating water bed after a tiring city tour.
- 4-star hotel
- Spacious rooms with large balconies and a private entrance
- Floating villas let you dip your feet into the water right from your personal balcony
- Close to tourist attractions like the Memorial
- Museum and water activities (bamboo rafting)
- Rooms from $150 per night
500 Rai Floating Resort from Finder Hotels
We swear the photo above isn’t photoshopped! Book a stay at 500 Rai Floating Resort for the ultimate #nofilter holiday photos. For a true getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city, this resort is 80km away from the city and perfect if your ideal holiday is to relax in a picturesque paradise.
- 3-star resort
- Each villa has a private balcony and modern amenities
- Guests can go for a dip in the lagoon or hop into their own canoe, which is located right outside your door
- With only 16 rooms, you’ll be guaranteed a truly private and relaxing holiday
- Rooms from $369 per night
KC Resort & Overwater Villas from Finder Hotels
When you want to stay in an overwater villa and also have a private pool, staying in KC Resort is a no-brainer. Discover the best that Chenang Bay has to offer when you stay here, from the views to water sports.
- 4-star villas
- Luxurious villas with private bathtubs and jacuzzis and in-house restaurants
- Uniquely stacked villas with a private infinity pools
- Located just a short five-minute drive to the beach, dining and entertainment hotspots
- Rooms from $115 per night
Still looking for the right room? Browse for more here:
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day Australia 2021: All the best deals from Day 2
Here are all the best deals from Amazon Prime Day Australia's second day - including the return of dirt-cheap Nintendo Switch consoles.
Prime Day deal: $100 off Sony’s ‘Bose Killing’ Headphones
Get 33% off Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones during Amazon Prime Day 2021. Here's how to get the deal before it disappears.
How to get $90.95 off Nintendo Switch with Amazon Prime
Amazon Australia is selling the Nintendo Switch video game console for $349 during Prime Day - that's over $120 off the RRP.
Amazon Prime Day’s best deals on big-ticket items: Up to 46% off
From Segways to stand-up paddleboards, these are the best Prime Day savings on the most expensive items.
Nacon RIG 500 Pro HC Gen 2 review: Super comfortable gaming headphones
The Nacon Rig 500 Pro HC headphones have wide console and PC compatibility, Dolby Atmos licensing and a genuinely comfortable design, even for longer gaming sessions.
Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G review: Oppo’s better flagship phone
The Oppo Find X3 Neo lacks the utter flagship features of the Find X3 Pro, but you won't miss them, while you will enjoy its lower price point.
7 health insurance deals to save you money at tax time
Avoid the MLS tax and get a rebate by taking out health insurance. Here are 7 deals that’ll save you money on your tax returns.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Milton Corporation (MLT ↑16.0%), Oneview Healthcare (ONE ↑12.8%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 22 June 2021.
Mobile plans are now more expensive, but here’s a hack to save $200 a year
Telstra, Optus and Vodafone keep raising their prices even as the rest of the market is more affordable than ever.
Ask an Expert