Europe flights from USD$1,662 return
Oktoberfest tours in Germany 2021
Celebrate Oktoberfest like a pro with these hot tours.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Update on Oktoberfest tours in GermanyDue to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, events such as Oktoberfest have been cancelled for 2020. Dates for 2021 will be updated as soon as they are announced.
Every year in Munich the Theresienwiese (or Wiesn for short) fairgrounds explode in a kaleidoscope of colour, rides, performances, music and - of course - beer. They're specially brewed for Oktoberfest by six local breweries in celebration of Bavarian culture and THAT liquid gold.
Oktoberfest's roots go back to the royal wedding of the Crown Prince Ludwig on 12 October 1810. And although called Oktoberfest, it actually kicks off in September as a nod the testy autumn weather in Germany.
This year's event runs from 21 September until 6 October 2019 and if you haven't booked your tour yet you're in luck as there's still spots with these tour operators.
Where to book Oktoberfest tours (even at the last minute)
Famous for being party and youth specialists, Contiki offers Oktoberfest tours for all travel styles and budgets.
Stay in style in hotels or go on a shoestring and camp with your new travel group. It's up to you. Packages include some meals, all accommodation, foodie experiences and local transport.
- Tours from $565
- 4-7 day tours
- Camping, hostel and hotel accommodation options available
On top of its three Oktoberfest focused tours, which vary by accommodation style and tour length, Topdeck also offers wider European tours timed to perfection to allow you to experience Oktoberfest while in Munich. Other stops offered by these longer tours include Amsterdam, Rome, Vatican City, Paris and Lucerne.
- Tours from $595 per person
- 4-14 day tours
- Camping and hotel accommodation options available
TourRadar collates and offers over 50 Oktoberfest tours from operators around the world, such as Busabout, Stoke Travel, Insight Vacations and Thirsty Swagman. Prices are competitive with TourRadar often undercutting the tour companies themselves to save you that much more.
- Tours from $202
- 3-11 day tours
- Various tour starting points available, including Florence, Rome, Prague and Amsterdam.
Viator is a TripAdvisor company which means that travellers can read genuine reviews before making a decision or a reservation. All tours and activities are hand-selected by the travel experts at Viator and vary widely in style, budget and length.
- Tours from $35.50.
- Tour only - no transport included. Multi-day tours include accommodation and some meals.
- Private tours available.
- Tours can include skip-the-line passes into tents, meals and guided tours.
TravelTalk offers four options for Oktoberfest-ivities geared at those who'd prefer to party over the weekends. Options include opening weekend and second weekend stays and in dorm or twin-share stays - all for an affordable price.
- Tours from $635
- All tours start Friday and conclude on Monday
- Costs is split into tour and local payment, with tour payment due when you book and local when you travel.
Popular Travel coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|20 Sep 2021||$60 off tandem skydives with code||WEE****|
|16 Aug 2021||Up to 30% off Australia hotels + an extra 10% off with code||FIN****|
|16 Aug 2021||Extra 10% off worldwide hotels with code||FIN****|
|11 Aug 2021||Get 12% off Australia tours and experiences||KKF****|
|10 Aug 2021||Get $24 off car hires with code||621****|
How do I get to Oktoberfest?
Oktoberfest is held in Munich, Bavaria, in South Germany. You can get a flight to Munich easily from one of the many European and international airlines that operate to and from its airport. See our deals above.
Once in Munich take advantage of the public transport network to get to Theresienwiese. It's not recommended to drive as there will be lots of traffic and few parking spaces. You have the choice between S-Bahn (tram), U-Bahn (metro), to the station Theresienwiese. You can also take a bus to Schwanthalerhöhe.
Alternatively, many tours start from outside of Munich, such as London and Amsterdam.
Top 10 things to do during Oktoberfest
- Get off to a good start with the opening day parade. Follow the parade as it marches through the town of Munich to the Theresienwiese.
- Make sure you visit Munich. Munich (Muenchen) is a historic city and the capital of Bavaria. Be sure to include some time to wander around its winding cobblestoned streets.
- Take the kids to the Oktoberfest Carnival. If you're bringing your family, catch the Oktoberfest Carnival with its games, rides and the famous giant spinning wheel.
- Come in costume. Dress the part and come kitted out in the traditional costume (lederhosen for men and dirndl for ladies). You can pick them up from any of the souvenir and tourist shops in Munich.
- Eat German sausage for breakfast. Start the day like the locals do with Weisswurst (white sausage), traditionally eaten before noon.
- Sample a beer stein from each brewery. There are six Bavarian breweries that feature at each Oktoberfest. You’ll usually find a different one in each tent.
- Enjoy the music. Oktoberfest is also the largest folk festival in the world and there are concerts and performances on daily.
- Get in early. Tents tend to fill up by about midday (especially on the weekend) so it’s best to get in early to get a seat.
- Take a break. Pace yourself with a radler (half beer, half lemonade).
- Have fun!
More guides on Finder
Top Mother’s Day greeting cards for 2021
Make Mum’s day extra special this year with a card that’s guaranteed to make her smile.
Best massage guns in Australia for 2021
Looking to buy a massage gun? We’ve rounded up the best ones to try.
Best password managers for Mac 2021
With so many password managers available, find out how to select the best one for your Mac.
8 picture-perfect Cairns resorts to book for 2021
Lose yourself in the top accommodation tropical north Queensland has to offer.
5 romantic getaways in Canberra to check into in 2021
The most luxurious and unique stays in Canberra to spoil your loved one at.
Best places to visit in the Northern Territory in 2021
Unique cultural experiences and picturesque natural wonders await in these six destinations. Plus, our top picks on the territory's best camp sites.
Where to book virtual tours and experiences
Travel the world from your living room with online tours and experiences hosted by locals and experts. Here’s where to book them.
7 travel companies where your deposit lasts a lifetime (or at least a long time)
Lock in your next adventure today with a tour deposit that you can use towards another date or a different destination if you need to change your plans later.
Top 11 eco-friendly resorts in Fiji for 2021
Book your stay with peace of mind at these Fiji eco resorts.
Cheap flights to Tasmania for 2021
From the best prices to where the airport is, here is everything you need to know about flying to Tasmania.
Ask an Expert