Morocco is a country of snake charmers, shooting stars and medinas where huge vats of dishes look more like magic potions than dinner.
It’s a world apart and if you’re headed in that direction you’ll want the right person leading you on your magical way.
To help, we’ve rounded up tour companies renowned for their local expertise and unique tour offerings of the country, as well as the top companies to suit a variety of travel styles - so can you leave with all the best memories of this country.
Best all rounder: Intrepid
Intrepid's small group itineraries marry classic sites with local experiences. In Morocco this means you’ll tick of the Fez and the Sahara, but also have the opportunity to stay in a Berber homestay.
- Cost: Mid-range
- Our favourite itinerary: The name's a giveaway with The Best of Morocco trip. It squeezes in everything from the spice markets of Marrakech to the Game of Thrones movie sets at Ait Benhaddou.
Book your tour with Intrepid
2. Best for small budgets and groups: G Adventures
If you have a strong spirit of adventure you’ll go far with G Adventures - literally. The company’s Morocco tours range from off-the-beaten-track itineraries to mix-and-match trips that serve up cities and beaches alongside the more remote places.
- Cost: Budget to mid-range
- Our favourite itinerary: The 15-day Sahara and Beyond trip lets you try everything from Islamic calligraphy to classic riad cookery.
Book your tour with G Adventures
3. Best for relaxing, luxury trips: Globus
Globus is known for its crowd-dodging, line-skipping, sleeping-in-the-thick-of-things itineraries. Plus, it adds in a little extra down time to trips for those pavement cafe, people watching memories.
- Cost: High-end
- Our favourite itinerary: Architecture, history, legends and art all feature prominently in the Moroccan Escape tour.
Book your Globus tour
Other tour companies that offer tours in Morocco
Best Morocco tour companies for: luxury
- Trafalgar: See Morocco in style, sleeping in 5-star accommodation, enjoying wine with your meals, and travelling by deluxe transport.
- Butterfield and Robinson: This tour company promises “exceptional lodgings, incomparable insider access, and stellar food and wine” on its Morocco tours.
- Collette Vacations: Quality accommodation, food and transport are standard on Collette Vacations’ Morocco itineraries.
Best Morocco tour companies for: textile tours
Best Morocco tour companies for: heritage tours
- Exodus: Mosques, medersas and palaces pepper Exodus’ through Moroccan itineraries.
- G Adventures: Expect a wide range of in-depth cultural tours around Morocco that include experiences like calligraphy classes with these adventure experts.
- Check in Morocco: Heritage, religious and city tours abound with Check In Morocco where you can see 10 religious sites in just as many days.
Best Morocco tour companies for: singles
- On the Go Tours: Solo travellers are welcome on all On the Go tours, so you can take your pick from everything from the short Marrakech Express to the limited edition Moroccan Meteor Shower itinerary.
- Geckos: Geckos tours are designed to allow alone time for everyone when they want it, which means solo travellers to Morocco can have their Greta Garbo moments everywhere from a medina tea shop to that controversial camel burger stand in Meknes.
- G Adventures: You can choose to pair with another solo traveller or bag your own room when you travel as a single person with G Adventures.
Best Morocco tour companies for: foodies
- G Adventures: Cooking classes, market tours, and meals in local restaurants are all part of the G Adventure offering.
- Contiki: Authentic foodie experiences are part of Contiki’s unique selling points, so you’ll be able to opt into experiences like a traditional local feasts when you’re in Morocco.
- Topdeck: Topdeck promises to “ensure your tummy is as full as your passport” when you travel to Morocco with it.
Best Morocco tour companies for: budget trips
- Topdeck: Topdeck takes the pressure off the budget with little things like its no tipping policy.
- Geckos Adventures: Low deposits, regular offers and plenty of opportunities to buy your lunch from a street food stand rather than a restaurant make Geckos’ trips better for the bank balance.
- Busabout: You can spend 15 days in Morocco for as little as $1,267 with Busabout and count on many meals to be included.
Marrakech - Casablanca - Fes - Sahara Desert loop
Longer trips through Morocco intertwine time in the kingpin cities of Marrakech and Casablanca with escapes to the star ceilinged Sahara and time outs on the coast such as Rabat and Essaouira.
Marrakech to Tangier
When time is of the essence, heading straight north from Marrakech to experience the different sides of Marrakech is a must. From the bustling maze that is Marrakech, Tangier is a breath of fresh air, more cosmopolitan in nature due to its proximity to the Spanish south coast, and miles more laidback.
Every tour company worth its salt offers their own twist on the desert adventure tour, which sees you sleeping under the stars and riding camels at sunset in the Sahara. Day trips can be made from the bustling city of Marrakech for the time-pressed while longer stays allow you to explore further and indulge in more experiences such as camel rides and desert camp stays.
Booking site TourRadar features tours of Morocco as short as three days and as long as 25 - providing you with a full range of taster tours as well as more in-depth offerings.
Short stints of 3-4 days can focus you on one or two cities, for example the popular Marrakech and its nearby coastal escape Essaouira, or can afford you a trip into the Sahara for an evening.
7-8 day tours are more popular starting points as they’re long enough to offer a mix of numerous cityscapes as well as experiences such as trekking Mount Toubkal or the Sahara.
With 10 days you can find yourself exploring further and deeper getting as far north as Tangier with tours that feature 10+ cities.
Spare 14+ for Morocco and you’ll endure the “grand tour”. These itineraries zip you around the whole country from hotspots like Marrakech, Casablanca, Rabat and Fes to more select destinations such as the Berber villages, Todra Valley, Tafraout, Taroudant and Mirleft. They can also include trips to neighbouring countries such as Spain and Portugal.
Top 3 day tour
Top 7-8 day tour:
Top 10 day tour:
Top 17 day tour:
Latest deals for Morocco tours, flights and more