Learn more about biggest and best Internet TV provider for you.
If you’ve heard of Netflix, Stan, Presto, and co. and are interested in getting into the Internet TV game, then you’ve come to the right place.
The fight to be the best Internet TV provider is just getting started, but already the biggest names in the business have been trading blows. If you’re new to the scene, then you’ll want to know a few things before you sign up. Read on for introductions to the key providers.
Want all the TV shows and movies? You can get a free trial with each of the streaming internet tv providers below:
Presto is an Australian Internet TV provider. They offer 1,000s of hours of movies and TV shows, including some of most popular shows of the last 20 years. There is no lock in contract and the service is available on a range of devices.
- Top TV shows: The Sopranos, The Wire, The Good Wife.
- Top Movies: Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, 12 Years a Slave.
Launched in January 2015 and owned by Fairfax Media and Nine Entertainment, Stan has partnerships with many popular, worldwide content providers. It is available on a range of devices and is currently working on a slate of new, original content.
- Top TV shows: Californication, Masters of Sex, Call the Midwife
- Top Movies: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, The Wedding Crashers, 21 Jump Street
- Free 30-day trials available
Netflix is the big kid on the block. The US based media giant has only recently jumped into Australia, but it's already made a pretty big splash. They bring a pretty big library, including shows that they commission themselves.
- Top TV shows: House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Top Movies: Need for Speed, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy.
How much are these services?
|Service:||Price per month||Number of Devices||Purchase|
|Stan||$10 - $15||1 - 4||Stan|
|Quickflix||$10 - $15||1-4||Quickflix|
|Netflix||$9.99 - $17.99||1-4||N/A|