10 of the best hotels in Sydney for couples
Romantic hotels in Sydney that are perfect for two.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
From contemporary boutique hotels to spa retreat havens, when romance is on the cards you should settle for nothing less than the ultimate in luxury and privacy.
The good news is that Sydney has more than enough of these options right in the city centre. So you can rest assured knowing your stay in the harbour city is pampered, romantic, relaxing and memorable.
So, if you’re looking for something truly special, whether it's breathtaking views or a sumptuous spa, these are our personal picks for the best hotels in Sydney for the ultimate couple's getaway.
1. The Langham
Housing one of the most extravagant spas in the city and hidden from all the hustle and bustle of The Rocks, it’s a wonder the Langham doesn’t get more recognition than it does. Not that we’re complaining…
- Features an outdoor tennis court, heated pool and sauna.
- Romantic harbour views, handcrafted furniture, Parisian shutters and the cobblestoned streets of The Rocks make it feel like a European getaway.
- Buffet breakfast available every morning.
- Couples escape packages available.
2. The Grace Hotel Sydney
The historical charm of The Grace Hotel knows no bounds. It was built in the 1920s by the Grace Brothers and has since been restored into a 4.5-star hotel. It features Neo-Gothic architecture on the outside and Art Deco detailings on the inside.
- Features a rooftop gym with heated pool, sauna and steam room.
- Romance package available, which includes truffles and sparkling wine upon arrival, and late check-out.
- Buffet breakfast every morning.
3. Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
The 5-star award-winning Amora Hotel Jamison is like an oasis on earth. Be warned: days can be spent inside its dedicated relaxation zone, which houses the Amora Day Spa, heated swimming pool, gym and Jacuzzi.
- Minibar, refrigerator and slippers in every room.
- The on-site Gallery Lounge Bar is open every day until late.
- Overnight valet parking available.
4. Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney, MGallery Collection
Rich wooden hues and exposed brick give Harbour Rocks Sydney a truly rustic feel. Inside, the hotel features 59 stylish rooms, a hidden garden terrace and numerous fine-dining outlets for you and your loved one to enjoy.
- Rooms feature private ensuites, minibars and LED flatscreen TVs.
- Romantic packages available, which include sparkling wine upon arrival and late check-out.
- Book the Harbour View Suite for sweeping views of Sydney Harbour.
5. The Darling at The Star
High rollers who know how to pamper themselves will stay at The Star, and the place to stay inside the casino is The Darling. This boutique hotel is a 5-star experience with spa treatments, unparalleled views of the harbour and more awards than you can count.
- On-site spa with 5-star massage and beauty treatments.
- Enjoy access to Marquee at The Star for panoramic views of the city.
- Each room features a Darling bed, with a customised 1000-spring mattress, 400-thread-count, 100% Egyptian cotton bed linen, and a goose down comforter.
6. Establishment Hotel
This boutique hotel in the heart of the Sydney CBD is all about plush rooms so impressive you’ll never want to leave. For lovers of food, the hotel also houses some of the finest restaurants the city has to offer.
- 31 boutique rooms available, including two penthouses.
- The hotel houses some of Sydney’s best eats including est., sushi e and Mr Wong.
- Rooms come equipped with an iPad2, Apple TV and BOSE sound system.
7. The Hughenden Hotel
If four-poster beds inside a historical manor is your style, then The Hughenden Hotel is exactly what you’re looking for. With 33 refurbished rooms located on the city’s outskirts, it’s ideal for that quiet romantic getaway you’ve been asking for.
- A stone’s throw from art and antique galleries.
- Previously a grand family residence.
- Quiet, homey feel with parking available upon request.
8. Watson’s Bay Boutique Hotel
Ask a local and they’ll tell it to you straight: when staying beachside, the only place you need to book is Watson’s Bay Boutique Hotel. Located right on the waterside and home to some of the most gorgeous views of the harbour, staying here is a no brainer, really.
- Short drive to coastal beaches such as Bondi Beach.
- Rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows and marble ensuite bathrooms.
- Complimentary Australian continental breakfast available daily.
9. Rendezvous Hotel Sydney, The Rocks
If this view of Sydney Harbour doesn’t scream romance, then we don’t know what does. Set inside a historic building in The Rocks district, it truly is heaven on earth from your vantage point in the Rendezvous Hotel Sydney.
- Heated swimming pool, sauna and spa available.
- Fully equipped kitchenettes available in each room.
- Within walking distance of Sydney’s most iconic attractions and art galleries.
10. The Kirketon
Awash with dramatic, modern interiors and a sophistication that wouldn’t go amiss in an episode of Mad Men, The Kirketon is one of those hotels you can’t help but fall in love with.
- Located a stone’s throw away from famous cocktail bar Eau de Vie.
- 24-hour reception and luggage storage available.
- Each room comes equipped with rain shower, flat-screen TV and luxury linen.
Search for more hotels in Sydney
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Enjoy 60% off the Healthy Choice Air Fryer, 25% off Dyson's Pure Hot+Cool Link Air Purifier and 21% off Dell's G7 17 Gaming Laptop.
Port Stephens hotels | Where to stay in the sandy beaches north of Sydney
Compare Port Stephens hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Best controllers for PCs in Australia
These are the best PC controllers you can buy right now in Australia.
Best RC planes in Australia
From the best RC plane for beginners to the top model for aerial photography, these are the six best RC planes in Australia right now.
Best caravan parks on the Sunshine Coast
Discover more than just idyllic beaches and untouched national parks along the Sunshine Coast.
Best laser printers in Australia
We've found the seven best laser printers you can buy in Australia right now.
Best setting powders in Australia
These are the eight best setting powders in Australia right now.
Best eyebrow pencils in Australia
We've found seven of the best eyebrow pencils in Australia right now.
Best gaming monitors in Australia
These are the best gaming monitors you can buy right now in Australia.
Kiama hotels | Where to stay in the coastal town south of Sydney
Compare Kiama hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Ask an Expert