6 of the best cruise lines for food lovers
Fine dining with ocean views come as standard with these cruise lines.
Whether you’re an avid foodie or simply a lover of food, a gastronomic experience on a luxury liner is not to be missed. Luxury cruise lines are notorious for their fine dining options and often enlist the knowledge and expertise of a lauded chef to deliver an exciting menu that’ll tantalise your tastebuds and make your imaginations soar.
Salivating? You should be because these are the hottest tables on the water - and yeah, their ocean views are pretty darn good, too.
1. Celebrity Cruises
Double down with Celebrity Cruises and enjoy fine fare and culinary workshops during your sail.
Aside from the main dining area's 29 sections, let’s talk about specialty dining. From its modern-French Murano restaurant's wild forest mushroom cappuccino to the QSine experience complete with sushi lollipops, your tastebuds are in for an adventure.
- Top restaurants: QSine, Murano, Tuscan Grille and Silk Harvest. All these are not included in your cruise fare.
- Included in your fare: Main dining and casual dining areas such as the Oceanview Cafe and the AquaSpa Cafe.
Go to Celebrity Cruises website
View coupon codes for Celebrity Cruises
You’ll dine in the most opulent surroundings when you book yourself a Cunard cruise.
Few can say they’ve delighted in a traditional afternoon tea inside the Queens Room, but when you board your Cunard cruise, you can be one of them. Board the Queen Mary 2 and you also get the chance to dine on dishes by celebrity chef Todd English.
- Top restaurants: Queens Grill, Verandah, Queens Room, Kings Court and Britannia Restaurant.
- Included in your fare: All restaurants in the main dining area. Alternative dining venues Verandah, Lido and parts of Kings Court charge dining fees.
Go to Cunard website
View coupon codes for Cunard
3. Disney Cruises
Whether you’re a toddler or a senior, there’s a restaurant onboard your Disney Cruise line that’s just for you.
While Pinocchio’s Pizzeria and Pluto’s Dog House do exist, fine dining does too. Opt for adult-exclusive fine dining adult-exclusive fine dining venues Palo and Remy for a different Disney experience.
- Top restaurants: Palo, Remy, Lumiere’s and Enchanted Garden.
- Included in your fare: All restaurants in the main dining areas. Alternate dining venues such as Pao and Remy will incur a charge.
Go to Disney Cruises website
View coupon codes for Disney Cruises
4. P&O Cruises via CruiseAway
P&O’s Food Revolution is all about innovative dishes, fresh ingredients and fantastic food.
With over 15 restaurants at your fingertips, you won’t be short on dining options with P&O. The place to be? Salt Grill by masterchef Luke Mangan. It was Australia’s first ever celebrity chef restaurant at sea and is arguably still one of the best.
- Top restaurants: Salt Grill, Luna, Plantation and Chef’s Table.
- Included in your fare: Restaurants in the main dining area such as The Pantry, Angelo, Dragon Lady, Plantation, Waterfront and The Grill are included in your fare. Specialty restaurants such as Luna Salt Grill and Chef’s Table are not.
Go to P&O Cruises via CruiseAway website
View coupon codes for P&O Cruises via CruiseAway
5. Royal Caribbean International
Expect variety, high culinary quality and the flexibility to dine when you like on your Royal Caribbean cruises.
My Time Dining puts you and your appetite first, letting you decide when and where you’d like to dine on a daily basis. When it comes to celebrity chefs, Royal Caribbean boasts Jamie’s Italian on its ships.
- Top restaurants: Wonderland, Jamie’s Italian, Izumi, Sabor, Chef’s Table and Mystery Dinner Theatre.
- Included in your fare: Complimentary dining is available at a variety of restaurants including the main dining room, Silk, American Icon Grill, The Grande Restaurant, Sorrento’s Pizza and Solarium Bistro.
Go to Royal Caribbean International website
View coupon codes for Royal Caribbean International
Which cruise lines cater to dietary requirements?
Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, halal or gluten-free, cruise lines are generally happy to meet dietary requirements.
During the booking process, be sure to notify the line of any special dietary needs so they can cater for them throughout your journey. When dining, it may also be helpful to meet with the maitre d’ to discuss the best menu options available for your diet.
Top cruise line deals
Popular cruises online coupon codes
|6 Mar 2017
||No single supplement
Feature image: Celebrity Cruises