Best car phone holders in Australia
We've selected the 7 best car phone holders available here in Australia for a variety of uses, budgets and phone types.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The best car phone holders in Australia
- Best car phone holder overall: iOttie Easy One Touch Car Mount
- Best cheap car phone holder: AU Select Car Phone Holder
- Best magnetic car phone holder: Universal Magnetic Dashboard Mount Kit by Wuteku
- Best car phone holder for windshields: IPOW Long Arm Universal Magnetic Cradle
- Best car vent phone holder: Belkin Car Vent Mount
- Best car phone holder for iPhones: UGREEN Car Air Vent Phone Holder
- Best car phone holder with wireless charging: ZeeHoo Wireless Car Charger, 15W
How did we pick this list?
The products on this list are based on extensive research and real customer reviews. For each category, we carefully selected parameters based on our research and identified the products with the highest review score within those parameters.
Best car phone holder overall : iOttie Easy One Touch Car Mount
- CD clamp is particularly sturdy
- Faster than usual charging speeds
- Some purchasers report excess vibration
- Charger causing isolate issues in hotter climates
Price (RRP): $75.88Buy at Amazon
Why we chose it
Though you'll be paying a bit more than usual for it, the iOttie Easy One Touch Car Mount comes highly recommended with a 4.4 out of 5 star rating (after 1.7K Amazon reviews). Easy to set-up and use, this charging solution comes with a dual charger, phone mount and both a CD slot attachment along with an air vent clip attachment.
Why should you pay extra for this? Cheaper options have inferior charging capabilities and constant exposure to UV rays typically weakens the various attachment mechanisms they employ. The iOttie is designed to power you up lightning fast and is one of the sturdiest phone holders available.
Best cheap car phone holder : AU Select Car Phone Holder
- Discretely sized and sturdily designed
- Holding magnet is by many accounts quite strong
- Not a sure fit for all car vents
- Isolated reports of magnet not sufficiently holding some larger phones
Price (RRP): $13.95Buy at Amazon
Why we chose it
If you're not that frequent a driver or you're just after a bargain, set your sights on this AU Select Car Phone Holder that boasts a 4.4 out of 5 star rating (after 74 Amazon reviews). 360-degree adjustable and packing five N35 neodymium magnets, this unit easily installs on most air vents via a spring clip.
Better yet, it supports a wide array of handsets, providing they're within the 3-7 inch range. For a rough guide that includes iPhones from the 11 Pro down to the 6S Plus. Samsung Galaxy users from the Note 10 down to the S8 should be fine too.
Best magnetic car phone holder : Universal Magnetic Dashboard Mount Kit by Wuteku
- Neat and unobtrusive design
- Can hold your phone horizontally or vertically and at a variety of viewing angles
- Glue patches not suitable in especially tropical environments
- Metal backing can interfere with wireless charging on some phones
Price (RRP): $26.95Buy at Amazon
Why we chose it
If you're after a holder that's secure but doesn't grip your handset like a vice, this Universal Magnetic Dashboard Mount Kit by Wuteku comes highly recommended with a 4.3 out of 5 star rating (after 7K Amazon reviews). Reportedly compatible with "all smartphones", this fixed magnetic solution still allows you to tilt and rotate your handset with a decent 720° of freedom.
Other benefits include a durable, stainless steel build quality, and the design potentially allows the possibility of using this with small tablets in non-automobile environments.
Best car phone holder for windshields : IPOW Long Arm Universal Magnetic Cradle
- Strong magnet holds phone securely
- Long arm design puts your phone within better reach than competing holders
- Scattered reports of required metal plates not shipping with product
- Isolated reports of the adhesive melting in extreme heat
Price (RRP): $21.99Buy at Amazon
Why we chose it
If your windshield is the preferred (or only) anchor point, this IPOW Long Arm Universal Magnetic Cradle is worth a look due to a 4.4 out of 5 star rating (after 3.9K Amazon reviews). Comprised of a suction cup system along with heat-resistant adhesive gel, the IPOW has been designed to not vibrate, even in the bumpiest of road conditions.
Furthermore, the magnet holding system here has been built to securely cradle larger sized handset types, even if they're also encased in a case. Last but not least, finding the perfect viewing angle is a cinch, thanks to a lengthy, adjustable arm.
Best car vent phone holder : Belkin Car Vent Mount
- Easy to mount and by most accounts very durable
- Handy swivel enables vertical or horizontal positioning
- Reports of larger phones putting undue stress on the clamp (and air vents)
- Isolated reports of the grips not holding as they should
Price (RRP): $24.95Buy at Amazon
Why we chose it
If you're after the (arguably) most secure type of phone holder there is, best check out this Belkin Car Vent Mount as it comes with a 4.4 out of 5 star rating (after 1.9K Amazon reviews). Clipping one of these onto your AC vents with the adjustable bracket is a cinch, but it's worth noting the size cut-off is 5.5-inch smartphones.
Other benefits include the ability to rotate this into portrait or landscape mode. Along with optimising the viewing angle for your passengers, this design allows you to position your charge cable in the perfect spot.
Best car phone holder for iPhones : UGREEN Car Air Vent Phone Holder
- Intelligent design uses gravity to lock into place
- Fits all of the most recent iPhones
- Holding bracket can trigger unwanted button presses
- AC vent grip isn't exactly universal fitting
Price (RRP): $19.99Buy at Amazon
Why we chose it
Apple users after a reasonably priced iPhone-centric option should look into UGREEN's Car Air Vent Phone Holder as it comes with a 4.5 out of 5 star rating (after 374 Amazon reviews). Employing a unique tri-arm design, this cradle hooks into the AC air vent in your car and gravity effectively secures it from there.
Manufactured with high-quality aluminum alloy arms and silicone pads, this phone mount works with the new iPhone 12 down through to the 6s. The only drawback: this design means your handset can only be mounted in portrait mode.
Best car phone holder with wireless charging : ZeeHoo Wireless Car Charger, 15W
- Easy to use, secure, wireless charger
- Sturdy design with great adhesion
- Vent attaching clip is a tight fit for some car models
- Scattered report of phone cases inhibiting charging speeds
Price (RRP): $77.40Buy at Amazon
Why we chose it
If your smartphone offers the modern convenience that is a cords-free experience, you should pair it with this ZeeHoo Wireless Car Charger which has a 4.4 out of 5 star rating (after 1.1K Amazon reviews). Securing your expensive handset is a breeze thanks to a clamp-style holder that also offers a quick release mechanism.
Even more impressive is the charging tech available here. You're getting a 15W maximum Fast Wireless Charger for the latest LG phones (e.g. the G7 ThinQ), a 10W max for Samsung's Note 10 (down through to the S6) and a 7.5W max for an iPhone 11 (down through to an iPhone 8).
Best products chosen
- Our editorial team compared car phone holders from brands found in major supermarkets across Australia as well as online retailers.
- We examined hundreds of customer reviews and ratings as well as expert reviews.
- The products on this list are chosen by our editorial team and are not selected based on commercial relationships.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
Best carpet shampooers in Australia
We compared hundreds of customer reviews and found the five best carpet shampooers you can buy online in Australia.
Best bike lights in Australia
These are the six best bike lights you can buy in Australia right now.
Best PS4 headsets in Australia
These are the best PS4 headsets you can get your hands on right now in Australia.
Best toys for 1-year olds in Australia
These are the 7 best toys you can buy for 1-year-olds in Australia.
Best moisturiser for dry skin in Australia
From the best overall face moisturiser for dry skin to the best body moisturiser, hand moisturiser and tinted moisturiser for dry skin, these are the best 7 moisturisers for dry skin you can buy in Australia right now.
Best laptops for students in Australia
These are the six best laptops for students available to buy in Australia for a range of users and categories.
Best French Door Fridges in Australia
These are the 6 best French door fridges you can buy right now in Australia.
Best Ukuleles in Australia
These are the 6 best Ukuleles you can buy right now in Australia.
Best white sneakers in Australia
These are the seven best white sneakers in Australia right now.
Ask an Expert