Best Black Friday mobile plans and phone deals for 2023
Get SIM only plans for up to 65% off and huge discounts on popular phones such as iPhone 14, Google Pixel 8 and more for Black Friday.
We've rounded up some of our favourite deals before diving deeper because 'tis the season to lock in some big savings on your mobile plan and upgrade your tech for cheaper.
Coles Mobile Black Friday deal
Coles has a stunning offer on its long-expiry plan if you sign up by 28 November 2023.
You'll receive 160GB of data for $125 on your first recharge (365-day expiry). The price and data limit reverts back to 120GB for $150 after.
Signing up with Coles Mobile will make you eligible for an egift card worth 10% off your groceries or largest single shop each month (up to $30).
Belong bonus data offer
Belong is adding more value to its monthly SIM only plans with 20GB of bonus data per month for 1 year on selected plans. Its offer ends on 18 January 2024.
- $35 SIM: 20GB bonus data per month. Get 60GB for $35 a month for the first 12 months. Data limit reverts back to 40GB after
- $45 SIM: 20GB bonus data per month. Get 120GB for $45 a month for the first 12 months. Data limit reverts back to 100GB after
- $55 SIM: 20GB bonus data per month. Get 180GB for $55 a month for the first 12 months. Data limit reverts back to 160GB after
amaysim mobile plan deals
amaysim's Black Friday offers run until 30 November 2023 and come with discounted prices and bonus data.
You can opt for its 28-day expiry plan or the 12-month SIM plan.
- 10GB Prepaid SIM: $10 for the first renewal and 5GB of bonus data for 3 renewals. 10GB for $18 ongoing.
- 32GB Prepaid SIM: $12 for the first renewal and bonus 28GB data for 3 renewals. 32GB for $30 ongoing.
- 80GB Prepaid SIM: $15 for the first renewal and bonus 20GB of data for 3 renewals. 80GB for $40 ongoing.
- 120GB Prepaid SIM: $24 for the first renewal, then $50 for 120GB ongoing.
- 150GB Prepaid SIM: 150GB for $130 first renewal, then $170 ongoing.
- 200GB Prepaid SIM: 200GB for $170 first renewal, then $220 ongoing.
Vodafone's Black Friday deals
This is where things get interesting. You can get a discounted handset on a plan and pair it with a discounted SIM.
You can pay off the cost of your phone with Vodafone over 12-, 24- or 36 months.
Vodafone's Black Friday offers end 28 November 2023.
SIM only plans and handsets
- 40GB SIM only plan: Pay $40 a month instead of $45.
- 150GB SIM only plan: Pay $50 a month instead of $55.
- 300GB SIM only plan: Pay $60 a month instead of $65.
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra: Up to $700 off.
- Samsung Galaxy A34: Up to $500 off.
- Google Pixel 8: $350 off.
- Google Pixel 8 Pro: $500 off.
- iPhone 14: $200 off.
- iPhone 12: $300 off.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5: $400 off.
- Bonus $1,000 trade-in credit: Get a $1,000 bonus credit (on top of the usual trade-in credit) when you upgrade to S22 Ultra 5G, trade-in an eligible device and stay connected Vodafone's phone plan for 12-, 24-, or 36 months.
- Motorola Edge 30 Pro: $400 off.
- Motorola Edge 30: $280 off.
Boost Mobile offers for Black Friday
Boost Mobile's popularity is credited to it being the only small provider with full access to the Telstra network.
Now, Boost is doing one better by slinging up to 65% off on selected SIM only plans.
Here are some of the standout offers available until 27 November 2023.
- $35 Prepaid SIM (28 days): $12 when you sign up and 50GB on the first 3 recharges. 25GB for $35 ongoing
- $45 Prepaid SIM (28 days): $17 when you sign up and 65GB on the first 3 recharges. 35GB for $45 ongoing
- $300 Prepaid SIM (365 days): $250 for 260GB, then $300 for 240GB ongoing
Black Friday deals from Optus
Optus's Black Friday offers will suit people looking for a big data mobile plan or extra bang for their buck with a new phone. The offers will end on 27 November 2023.
You can sign up for a phone plan over 12-, 24- or 36 months or buy outright if you're an existing Optus customer.
- 500GB SIM only plan (monthly): 500GB for $69 a month for 12 months, then $89 a month ongoing
- Gift card: $1,000 digital gift card when you buy Galaxy Z Flip 5, Z Fold 5 or S23 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S23 FE: $500 off
How does the gift card work?
When you buy the Galaxy S23 Ultra, Z Flip 5 or Z Fold 5 on a plan and trade in an eligible device in good working condition, you'll be able to get up to a $1,000 digital Mastercard gift card.
Kogan Mobile offers
Have you been eyeing a long-expiry plan for a while? Kogan Mobile's doing us a solid with discounts of up to 40% off until 3 December 2023.
- Kogan Small 365 days: Pay $100 instead of $120 on your first recharge for 120GB.
- Kogan Medium 365 Days: Pay $140 instead of $180 on your first recharge for 200GB.
- Kogan Large 365 Days: Pay $160 instead of $270 on your first recharge for 300GB.
- Kogan Extra Large 365 Days: Pay $180 instead of $300 on your first recharge for 500GB.
Telstra Black Friday deals
Telstra's doing it a bit differently this year. Apart from discounted phones, you can also earn 40,000 bonus Telstra Plus points by signing up for its Upfront mobile plans (new customers only).
These start from 50GB for $62 a month.
Offers end on 27 November 2023.
- Upfront mobile plans: Get 40,000 bonus Telstra Plus points to redeem in the Rewards store
- Google Pixel 8: $200 off
- Google Pixel 8 Pro: $400 off
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 (256GB): $250 off
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 (512GB): $300 off
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5: $250 off
Lebara mobile plan deals
You'll need to sign up by 30 November 2023 to take advantage of the deals.
- Lebara Extra Small 30 Day: $14.90 for 8GB on the first recharge, then 4GB ongoing
- Lebara Small 30 Day:$12 for 30GB for the first recharge, then $24.90 for 25GB ongoing
- Lebara Medium 30 Day: 70GB for $29.90 for the first recharge, then 35GB ongoing
- Lebara Large 30 Day: 120GB for $49.90 for the first recharge, then 80GB ongoing
- Lebara XXL 30 Day: $34 for 130GB for the first recharge, then $69.90 for 100GB ongoing
- Lebara Small 180 Day: $90 for 80GB on the first recharge, then $120 ongoing
- Lebara Large 180 Day: $130 for 200GB on the first recharge, then $180 ongoing
- Lebara Small 360 Day: $149 for 180GB on the first recharge, then $200 ongoing
- Lebara Large 360 Day: $199 for 425GB on the first recharge, then $300 ongoing
When is Black Friday?
This year, Black Friday is on 24 November. The official sale period starts at midnight this Friday, but telcos have been offering promotions up to a week in advance. The sale then turns into Cyber Monday which typically runs through to late Tuesday.
More Black Friday news
Don't miss out on these last-chance deals from Amazon, including 28% off Apple Airpods, 50% off Philips air fryers and 40% off Apple Watch.Read more…
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.Read more…
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.Read more…
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.Read more…
Amazon has unleashed a stack of gaming deals for Black Friday 2023, including some big discounts across PlayStation and Nintendo Switch.Read more…
Black Friday has arrived early and with discounts across PlayStation 5 consoles, games and peripherals, there's plenty to be excited about.Read more…
Here are all the best Black Friday mattress deals from Koala, Emma, Eva and loads more.Read more…
All the biggest sales from Black Friday in one place: including 55% off Emma Sleep, 65% off Amazon tech and $550 off Dyson.Read more…
The Black Friday vacuum cleaner deals have finally arrived, and there's no better time to score a discount on leading brands like Dyson.Read more…
Check out the very best deals on Nintendo Switch consoles and games this Black Friday, with prices up to 57% off.Read more…
Keen on a new phone? Check out our full list of Black Friday deals on phones and other tech.