Best Beard Oils in Australia
Want a beard that's soft, healthy and stylish? We've chosen the top 6 beard oils available in Australia to help make your decision easier.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The best beard Oils in Australia
- Best cheap beard oil: Seb Man's Groom Hair and Beard Oil
- Best premium beard oil: Delta Genesis Beard Fuel XL
- Best beard oil for hair growth: Glamador's Beard Care & Growth Kit
- Best natural beard oil: Badger Brand beard oil
- Best beard oil for dry skin and dandruff: Jack Black beard oil
- Best beard oil for patchy beards: Gibs Beard Oil Conditioner & Tattoo Oil
How did we pick this list?
When it comes to beards, we on't accept any old beard oil info at face value — you're getting a ton of personal experience from an author who once grew and maintained a "Tom Hanks in Castaway" chin hedge. That being said, the products on this list are also based on extensive research and real customer reviews. For each category, we carefully selected parameters based on our research and identified the products with the highest review score within those parameters.
Best budget pick: Seb Man's Groom Hair and Beard Oil
- Easier to apply on thicker beards and doesn't leave unwanted residue
- Only requires a small dollop for a full application
- Some reviewers felt the scent could stand to be more pronounced
- Advertised as an oil, it veering quite close to gel territory
Average Price Online: $27.50Buy at AmazonBuy at eBay
Why we chose it
Seb Man's Groom Hair and Beard Oil is the highest-rated beard oil under $30 as chosen by Amazon reviewers. With an average rating of 4.3/5 from over 47 ratings as of October 2020, it's a popular choice with the Aussie beardists who exist somewhere between designer stubble and full Dumbledore.
Conveniently designed to be interchangeable for hair and beard use, Seb Man's beard oil aims to provide a total solution for achieving and maintaining improved softness and sheen for your jaw sporran. Also, the general consensus is that it comes with a pleasant woody scent, thanks to an infusion of grape seed, jojoba, almond and Argan oil.
Best premium pick: Delta Genesis Beard Fuel XL
Why we chose it
For those of you who really want to treat their face (or a lucky someone else's), Delta Genesis' Beard Fuel XL's Beard Oil and Conditioner boasts a 4/5 star rating after 557 Amazon reviews. While it comes in your industry size standard of 30ml packaging, it represents quite a larger investment than most.
As the name would suggest, the ingredients in Beard Fuel XL are designed to promote rapid growth. If you already have a bountiful beard, the benefits for you lie more in receiving softer and healthier looking/feeling follicles. Unusually, the product includes caffeine as well as more usual ingredients like argan, safflower, jojoba and amla oils.
Best hair growth pick: Glamador's Beard Care & Growth Kit
- Stylishly packaged and presentable as a gift idea
- The roller in particular useful for general beard maintenance
- Refills currently not sold separately, you have to purchase the pack again
- Some scissors (even basic ones) would have been a nice inclusion
Price (RRP): $44.08Buy at Amazon
Why we chose it
When it comes to promoting beard growth, the general accepted knowledge is that some additional tools are required to fully maximse any regrowth potential. That said, you'd best look into a package deal like Glamador's Beard Care & Growth Kit, a 4.9/5 star product according to 101 ratings.
What we have here is a full beard promotion production that arms you with a beard care roller, beard growth oil, beard balm and a beard comb. Scent-wise you're also getting 100% natural ingredients drawn from tea tree, argan, jojoba, sweet almond and vitis vinifera seed oils.
Best natural oil pick : Badger Brand beard oil
- A great alternative for allergic beard enthusiasts seeking a nut-free oil
- Reasonably priced when compared to other natural oils
- The odd reviewer disliked the smell (which really is a personal taste thing)
- Not as longer lasting as some more synthetic beard oils
Price (RRP): $13.59 (1 fl oz Glass Bottle)Buy at Amazon
Why we chose it
Here's a selection for those of you value natural antimicrobial and antibacterial properties over icky, synthetic smelling preservative agents. Not only does Badger brand beard oil meet that criteria, it comes highly recommended with a 4.7/5 Amazon rating after 156 reviews.
Say goodbye to artificial ingredients, fragrances, dyes, GMOS or synthetic. Say hello to light yet absorbent jojoba and babassu oils, or black pepper, bergamot and the always welcome vanilla. The resulting range of Badger concoctions (stylishly packaged in a recyclable 30 ml glass bottle) aim to hydrate and soften the mane feature of your face.
Best for dry skin and dandruff : Jack Black beard oil
- A large percentage of reviewers experienced the advertised skin benefits
- Since its foundation, Jack Black has been an anti-animal testing brand
- For a 30ml bottle, it's a little pricier than most
- Lighter oil consistency means less holding / shaping ability
Price (RRP): $26.00 (1 fl oz Glass Bottle)Buy at eBay
Why we chose it
If you don't want to do the unpalatable dandruff solution that is shaving everything off and growing again, you could try to bring the situation to heel with Jack Black beard oil. It comes highly recommended with a 4.7/5 rating after a whopping 750+ reviews.
What we have here is an oil designed to prevent itchy, dry skin via a range of hydrating and nourishing ingredients. Jack Black (a fictitious mascot who incidentally is in no way related to the movie star) has gone with a concoction of antioxidants, organic natural oils and vitamins that's lighter than your average beard oil, but also more deeply penetrating.
Best for patchy beards : Gibs Beard Oil Conditioner & Tattoo Oil
- Softening agent works to reduce the bristly feel of thicker beards
- More complex aroma blends make for a unique fragrance
- At the time of writing, not all blends are available in the larger sized bottles
- A small number of reviewers did not reap fast enough "patch fixing" results
Price (RRP): $248.97 (4 fl oz Glass Bottle)Buy at AmazonBuy at Catch
Why we chose it
If you're looking to fix an uneven mane, best check out the growth promoting Gibs Beard Oil Conditioner & Tattoo Oil, a product that's earned a rating of 4.7/5 from more than 140 Amazon reviews.
Offering moisturising and damage control benefits, this Gibs product has been designed to nourish and enrich any under-performing facial hair. It's also worth noting that it comes in three blends. You can smell like Grapefruit, Tobacco Flower, Saffron and Cedar or Grapefruit, Tobacco Flower, Saffron and Cedar. Personally, this author swears by Nutmeg, Vanilla, Leather and Musk.
The above blends can be bought in 30ml or 120ml bottles.
Best products chosen
- Our editorial team compared beard oils from brands found in major supermarkets across Australia as well as online retailers.
- We examined hundreds of customer reviews and ratings as well as expert reviews.
- The products on this list are chosen by our editorial team and are not selected based on commercial relationships.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,250 off electric bikes, $70 off Nintendo Switch, $30 off Logitech G PRO X Lightspeed headsets.
Best bassinets in Australia
These are the 8 best bassinets you can buy right now in Australia.
Best NAS drives in Australia
Upgrade your home storage with one of the best NAS devices available on store shelves here in Australia.
Best nappy bags in Australia
These are the 9 best nappy bags you can buy right now in Australia.
Best booster seats in Australia
These are the 6 best booster seats you can buy right now in Australia.
Best raincoats and rain jackets in Australia
We’ve found the nine best raincoats and rain jackets you can buy in Australia right now.
Xbox Series S: Where to buy in Australia
Xbox Series S is a lower-cost alternative to the Xbox Series X. Here's a list of stores where you can buy the console for the best price.
Best pop-up tents in Australia
If you’re searching for a pop-up tent, we can help you find the perfect option for your needs.
The best SNES games of all time
The SNES was the king of the hill in the 16-bit retro gaming era; here are the 8 best titles that you should own.
8 Best Table Saws in Australia 2021
Whether you’re a hardened tradie, aspiring apprentice or DIY king, any woodwork project needs the best table saw in Australia.
Ask an Expert