Get 0% interest for up to 26 months and save money with balance transfer credit cards.
If you want to clear your credit card debt quicker it might be time to consider a 0% balance transfer credit card.
Offer ends 16 December 2018 Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply The NAB Low Fee Platinum Card features a range of platinum benefits and a long-term, no fee balance transfer offer exclusive to finder.com.au.
0% p.a. for 25 months
on balance transfers
Exclusive to finder.com.au
Exclusive to finder.com.au - NAB Credit Card Offer
Offer ends 16 December 2018
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
The NAB Low Fee Platinum Card features a range of platinum benefits and a long-term, no fee balance transfer offer exclusive to finder.com.au.
What are Finder Member Offers?Finder Member Offer
These exclusive deals are only available to Finder Members. It's free to sign up, takes less than 30 seconds and offers extra perks like a free credit score.
0% Balance Transfer Rates Comparison
How to find 0% balance transfer rates for your needs
As many credit cards offer a 0% promotional interest rate for a balance transfer, the following factors could help you narrow down your balance transfer comparison:
- You can find balance transfer credit cards with 0% for 6 months up to 26 months. Consider how long you need to repay your debt in full before the revert rate applies.
- You can't transfer debts between cards from the same bank or partnered issuers. See our guide to which banks you can and can't transfer between for more information.
- You may not pay any interest while the promotion is in place, but you might have to pay balance transfer fees and annual fees.
- You can't transfer more than your approved credit limit, but some cards also only accept balance transfers up to a percentage of the approved credit card (such as up to 80% of the credit limit). You can see our guide to balance transfer limits for more information.
How much could you save with a balance transfer with 0% rates for up to 12 months?Exactly how much you'll save in interest will depend on the size of your debts and your ability to repay, but let's look at an example to see some of the potential savings.
Let's say you have $3,500 debt on a card that is currently charging 20.99% p.a. If you transfer this to a card with 0% on balance transfers for 12 months and no annual fee, you'll save $684.21 if you repay the entire balance before the revert rate applies.
You can use the interest calculator built into finder's balance transfer comparison tables to determine how much you could save on interest.
Things to avoid with balance transfer rates
While a balance transfer credit card comes with many benefits, here are a few traps you should look out for:
- Don’t balance transfer too often.
- Only paying the minimum repayment.
- Don't forget the offer end date.
- Using your balance transfer credit card for purchases.
Discover how much interest you could save with the balance transfer calculator
Step 1. Enter the total debt/outstanding amount you would like to transfer.
Step 2. Provide the interest rate that you are paying on your existing debt (if you don't have your interest rate on you, the average is around 18-20%).
Step 3. See the 'Amount Saved' column to find out which credit cards will save you the most money. The calculator automatically accounts for any balance transfer fees and annual fees charged for each card. Click on the 'Amount Saved' title to sort the cards in ascending or descending order of money saved.
Step 4. Compare the credit cards available in the table provided to find the card that suits your needs. If you still want to find out more about a particular credit card, click the ‘More info’ link for a full review on the features and benefits.
Calculate your repayments
Frequently asked questions about 0% balance transfers
Images: ShutterstockBack to top