The airlines offering the cheapest flights and the best service to Bali
With so many airlines flying to Bali, it can be difficult to decide which to book for the best possible experience when making your journey to the island paradise.
Thankfully, we’ve looked at all the airlines that travel from Australia to Bali and broken them down for you so you’ll know exactly who heads up there and what to expect from them when onboard.
What do you get in the basic economy fare from the airlines that fly direct to Bali?
We compared airlines that fly direct to Bali to see what benefits each includes. Flights referred to below are for the lowest possible fare type.
|Direct flights from||Cabin baggage (Max dimensions: 56x36x23cm)||Check in baggage included?||Meals included?||Free seat selection|
|Tigerair||Up to 7kg.||No.||No.||No.|
|Virgin Australia||Up to 7kg.||No.||No.||No.|
Search for a flight to Bali
How often do direct flights leave from Australia to Bali?
- From Sydney: Several times daily on Jetstar, Garuda Indonesia, Virgin Australia and Qantas (peak only).
- From Melbourne: Several times daily on Jetstar, Tigerair and Garuda Indonesia.
- From Perth: Several times daily on AirAsia, Jetstar, Tigerair, Garuda Indonesia and Qantas.
- From Brisbane: Several times daily on Jetstar and Virgin Australia.
- From Adelaide: Several times daily on Jetstar and Tigerair.
- From Darwin: Several times daily on AirAsia and Jetstar.
- From Cairns: Several times a week on Jetstar.
- From Port Hedland: Once a week on Virgin Australia
- From Townsville: Once a week on Jetstar.
Which is the cheapest airline to fly to Bali?
Both budget airlines and standard carriers fly between Australia and Bali and more often than not, the budget airlines will offer more economical prices.
However, this doesn’t come without reason as low-cost carriers such as Tigerair and Jetstar will not include extras such as checked in luggage, meals and seat selection in their initial pricing. If you’d like to include these, you will need to pay extra. This might work in your favour if you’re planning on a quick trip where all you’re packing is a bikini, but if you’d like to spend a little more time on the island or wish to pack an extra pair of shoes, it might be worth weighing up the costs of checked baggage to see if a more expensive seat or carrier works better.
You might also like to consider that while the flight to Bali from Darwin can be as short as 2 hours and 50 minutes, the flight from Sydney is around 6 hours and 30 minutes. For such a long flight, it may be preferable to have a comfortable seat and onboard meal.
Top flight deals to Bali
Up to 50% off Bali tours and activities
Sample discounts include 50% off white water rafting, 35% off Nusa Dua Theater, 25% off a snorkelling tour to Nusa Lembongan. Select deals valid on public holidays.