Berlin is renowned for its arts, festivals, nightlife and diverse architecture. It's a place where you can immerse yourself in museums during the day and rave at night.
To explore the best of Berlin, you need a good night's sleep to replenish your energy and enthusiasm. Fortunately, there are many hotels in the city that do the trick.
Our top Berlin hotel picks
Where should I stay in Berlin?
Berlin is a sprawling city with numerous districts to lay your head in. Here's a snapshot of what each offers so you can stay close to the sights and sounds that have drawn you to the city.
- Alexanderplatz: This is the heart of Berlin CBD and is an idyllic location if you wish to walk to some of the most historic sites such as Museum Island, the Berliner Dom, Checkpoint Charlie, Brandenburg Tor (the Brandenburg Gate) and Bundestag (Reichstag).
- Kreuzberg: Party animals should make a beeline south east to the hip district of Kreuzberg, which is a melting pot of night clubs and action.
- Tiergarten: Those with families may prefer to stay closer to the Tiergarten. It's just west of the city and is a sprawling forest in the heart of the city. The zoo and aquarium are also attached to it.
- Kollwitzkiez: This is a quieter area of Berlin, just north of the city, and is a haven for foodies and artistic folk who wish to wander the local markets such as at Mauerpark.
- Charlottenburg: On the western edge of the Tiergarten, Charlottenburg is packed full of boutique hotels and gilded sites such as Charlottenburg Palace. It also offers easy access to the heritage city of Potsdam, renowned for being the summer home of Frederick the Great.
Berlin hotel deals