Earn reward points for purchases and balance transfers and enjoy competitive ongoing rates and fees with the Bendigo Ready Red credit card.
Important InformationThe Bendigo Ready Red Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Bendigo credit cards here.
Bendigo Bank Ready Red credit card review
The Bendigo Bank Ready Red is designed to offer competitive access to credit, plus additional value through the bank's rewards program. As well as earning 1 point per $1 spent on purchases, you can earn points on balance transfers at the same rate with no points cap.
This card has a standard variable interest rate of 19.74% p.a. for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances. There are discounted rates available for existing Bendigo Bank residential home loan customers or personal customers who hold Bendigo and Adelaide Bank shares. It also offers up to 44 days interest-free on purchases and has a competitive annual fee of $45.
Benefits of the Bendigo Bank Ready Red credit card
- Reward points for balance transfers. If you transfer your balance from another bank to the Bendigo Ready Red, you can earn 1 reward point for every $1 of your balance transfer.
- Reward points for shopping. This card offers a standard earn rate of 1 point per $1 spent. You can also boost your point balance with personalised promotions listed on the Bendigo Bank Rewards website.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 44 days interest-free on your purchases. Unlike most credit card providers, Bendigo Bank applies interest on purchases from the statement date instead of the purchase date. This means you can take advantage of the interest-free period on new purchases even when you have an existing balance.
- Interest rate discounts. If you're an existing residential-loan customer, you can get a lower standard variable interest rate of 16.74% p.a. If you're a personal customer who has shares for Bendigo or Adelaide Bank, you can get a lower standard variable interest rate of 14.74% p.a.
- Card Security. You can download the free Bendigo Bank Protect+Pay app, which allows you to temporarily block your card if you’ve misplaced it, block specific types of transactions, update your PIN, check your balance, report a lost or stolen card, or cancel the card from your mobile.
Features of the Bendigo Bank Ready Red credit card
Here are the other key features to consider when you're comparing the Bendigo Bank Ready Red to other options:
- Annual fee. You will be charged $45 for as long as this card remains open.
- Interest rate. Your purchases, balance transfers and cash advances will be charged an interest rate of 19.74% p.a. Note that cash advances may also carry additional fees for the transaction.
- Foreign transaction fee. This card charges a fee of 3% for every transaction made in an international currency.
- Mastercard features. This credit card gives you access to exclusive travel, shopping, dining and entertainment offers through the Priceless Cities program. It also has PayPass contactless functionality that allows you to simply "tap and go" for in-store payments under $100.
- Card personalisation. You can customise the image on your card to make it unique to you.
- Additional cardholder. You can request an additional cardholder at no extra cost, allowing you to share the account and boost your rewards balance. Note that you will still be responsible for keeping the account in good standing.
The Bendigo Bank Ready Red is an entry-level reward credit card that offers an earn rate of 1 point per $1 spent and has a reasonable annual fee of $45. As this is not the only rewards card available, make sure you compare it to a range of other options so that you can find a card that is right for you.Back to top