If your primary income is derived from working land you are eligible for the Bendigo Primary Producer Account. With this transaction account all of your daily business banking is covered, with a fee rebate to cover any charges to the account. Link a debit Mastercard and you have the same purchase flexibility you get with a credit card, without the added interest costs.
Bendigo Primary Producer account is no longer available for new applications. The information provided and bank account cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare other bank accounts, please go through our comparison page.
What are the features of the Bendigo Primary Producer Account?
Primary producers have unique needs when handling their finances. When choosing an account to handle yours, be sure that you are looking carefully at the features of each to determine which is providing you with the most benefit:
- Availability. This account is only available for a primary producer. You are considered a primary producer if you meet one of the following conditions; you carry on in Australia a primary production business but not as a trustee, you are a partner in an enterprise that carries on in Australia a primary production business, or you are a beneficiary who is presently entitled to a share of the income of a trust estate where the trustee carries on in Australia a primary production business.
- Monthly account keeping fees. With the Primary Producer Account you are not charged any monthly account keeping fees.
- Fee rebates. This account provides you with $10 worth of fee rebates each month that can be used to offset eligible transaction charges to your account.
- Accessibility. You will be able to access your Primary Producer Account online and over the phone, where you can make transfers, payments and set up direct credits and debits. You also have access to a linked debit card for withdrawals and purchases and can choose to have a cheque book facility as well.
- Linked debit card. Bendigo allows you to choose between a Bendigo Blue Debit Mastercard or an easy Money ATM card to link to your account.
- Bendigo Blue Debit Mastercard. There is a $3 charge for choosing the debit Mastercard, but with it you will have the same buying privileges that come with a credit card, except accrue no interest. Use the card to shop online, over the phone and in person at EFTPOS terminals.
- ATM access. Bendigo Bank has an ATM network partnership with Suncorp, giving you access to over 2,000 ATMs in Australia.
- Transaction fees. Fees are accrued for transactions such as electronic transfers and bill paying as well as domestic ATM and EFTPOS withdrawals. These fees will be offset by your monthly rebate, and you should know that any amount leftover cannot be carried over to the next month.
- Overseas withdrawals. Not eligible for the rebate are transactions made at ATMs overseas. For these you are charged $5 for each withdrawal and $1.50 per balance enquiry.
- Optional overdraft. If eligible you are permitted to link an overdraft facility to this account to cover any costs to you that exceed your available balance.
- Minimum ongoing balance. There is no minimum ongoing balance requirement for this account.
- Phone and internet banking
- Linked Bendigo Business Blue debit Mastercard
- No monthly account service fee
- Only limited to businesses
How do I apply for the Bendigo Primary Producer Account?
Bendigo Bank recommends that you meet with one of their business bankers in order to apply for this account. An appointment can be made by calling or visiting a branch or by visiting their website to complete an online enquiry. Before making your appointment, make sure that you are able to meet the other eligibility requirements not outlined above:
- Minimum age. Bendigo Bank does not set forth a minimum age requirement for the Primary Producer Account.
- Residency requirements. All applicants must Australian residents with an Australian residential address.
- Depository requirements. An opening deposit of at least one dollar is required.
It is also a good idea to have the following documentation with you when meeting with a business banker to establish your Primary Producer Account:
- Tax file number. Bendigo Bank asks for your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code to ensure that they are withholding tax on any interest earnings at the correct rate.
- Identification. A passport, driver’s licence or Medicare card will help to establish your identity.
- Eligibility. You will need to bring with you any documentation that shows your primary income is derived from land and that you meet the requirements as outlined above.
After meeting with the business banker, your account will be activated and chosen debit card issued to you so that you can begin taking advantage of low fee banking with multiple methods of access.