Shareholders of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited are given exclusive access to a transaction account that not only rewards you for doing business with the bank with higher rebates, you can also earn a modest interest on your balance. This is a fully functional everyday account that grants you at call access online and with a linked debit card. This is a deal worth considering if you want to get the full benefit of your shares with the bank.
This product is no longer available for new applications
Please refer to Bendigo Bank Comparison page for a list of other options. Existing account holders will not be affected by this change.
What are the features of the Bendigo Bank Shareholder Account?
The Shareholder Account is a unique product that rewards you for your loyalty to Bendigo Bank. It is a transaction account charged with your everyday banking needs, and should be compared to the accounts offered by other banks to ensure that all of your needs are being met:
- Availability. In order to be eligible for this account you must have a personal shareholding of one or more Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited shares.
- Ongoing balance. There is no minimum ongoing balance requirement to meet with this account.
- Monthly account keeping fees. There is no monthly service fee charged to your account.
- Transaction fee rebate. You are started off each month with a $10 fee rebate to use against any transaction fees.
- Additional rebates. You can earn more rebates by taking advantage of other Bendigo Bank products.
- Bendigo Bank home loan customers. If you have a home loan through Bendigo Bank you will not be charged any transaction fees when using your Shareholder Account.
- Accessibility. You are given the option of a cheque facility with this account as well as a Bendigo Blue Debit Mastercard or Easy Money ATM card. The account can also be accessed online where you can make transfers and use services such as BPAY and Pay Anyone.
- Transaction fees. You are charged $0.40 for certain transactions made online, but those costs will be offset by your rebate. Other charges also apply, such as ATM enquiries and EFTPOS withdrawals.
- Bendigo Blue Debit Mastercard. If you choose to link your account to the Bendigo Blue Debit Mastercard you will have all the advantages that a Mastercard provides without the incurring interest on purchases and cash withdrawals. You will be charged $3 a month for choosing this option.
- Overseas ATM use. You are able to make withdrawals and enquiries outside of Australia but will be charged $5 and $1.50 respectively for each transaction. These charges are not included as a part of your fee rebate.
- Interest rate. Your entire deposit earns a modest interest rate.
- Interest payment. Interest is calculated on your daily balance and is paid into your account every six months.
- Linked Bendigo Blue debit Mastercard
- $0 monthly account service fee
- Internet and phone banking
- Eligibility criteria apply
How do I apply for the Bendigo Bank Shareholder Account?
In order to apply for this account you will need to first speak with a representative of the bank. They will assist you in filling out the application and ensuring that you are getting all of the perks you deserve for your share in the bank. Besides being a shareholder, there are other eligibility requirements that you should know about before setting up your appointment:
- Minimum age. Bendigo Bank does not detail any specific age requirement for this account.
- Residency requirements. All applicants must be Australian residents for tax purposes.
- Depository requirements. You will be asked to make a minimum opening balance deposit of at least one dollar.
It will be helpful to have the following documentation with you when you fill out the application:
- Tax file number. Providing your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code is not obligatory but it does allow for Bendigo Bank to withhold tax on your interest earnings at the correct rate for your circumstance.
- Identification. You will be asked for a photo identification document such as a driver’s licence, passport or Medicare card in order to verify your identity.
Your Shareholder Account will be established as soon as the Bendigo Bank representative is able to verify the details provided by you. You will then receive your chosen debit card and can begin making financial transactions through your new account.