The Bendigo Bank Business Credit Card lets you choose who is responsible for the account, with the option of company liability, individual liability or joint and several liability. It also gives you a way to pay suppliers online through Bendigo e-banking and upload transactions to accounting software platforms, such as MYOB. You can use it globally, anywhere Mastercard is accepted, but if you make a lot of overseas business payments keep in mind that the 3% foreign transaction fees will add to the cost.
Bendigo Bank Business Credit Card
- Purchase rate
- 13.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $48 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 44 days
Relatively low 13.99% p.a. interest rate
Up to 44 days interest-free
Additional cards for employees and choice of liability options
3% foreign transaction fee
$4 monthly fee applies for each card, equivalent to $48 per year per card
|Product Name||Bendigo Bank Business Credit Card|
|Purchase rate p.a.||13.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||13.99%|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$50,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
How to apply
You can apply for the Bendigo Bank Business Credit Card by filling in a business enquiry form on the bank's website. You can also visit a Bendigo Bank branch or call the general enquiries team on 1300 236 344. You'll also need to meet the eligibility criteria and have all the details and documents you need to complete the application.
- Business details. This includes your business name, ABN or ACN.
- Credit criteria. You'll need to confirm that you can meet the credit criteria according to the chosen type of liability arrangement.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Business information. This covers your business name, contact details and how long it's been in operation. You also need to provide the registered, active ABN or ACN details for the business.
- Finances. This includes your business' annual turnover and provide other details such as expenses, assets and liabilities. You may also need to provide personal financial details, particularly if you choose individual liability for the account.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact details, employment status and a valid form of ID such as your Australian driver's licence or passport. Additional cardholders also need to provide some basic personal details.
- Low purchase rate. The Bendigo Bank Business Credit Card has a 13.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases. In comparison, the average standard credit card rate in Australia is around 20%.
- Additional cardholders. You can add cards for business partners and employees, with individual spending limits and authorisations. You'll also get a single monthly statement with itemised addendum for each cardholder and flexible billing structures so you can choose who pays, when they pay and what portion of the bill they pay.
- Accounting software support. You can upload your transactions to accounting software such as MYOB, QuickBooks and Xero. Depending on the platform, you could also set up a direct data feed so that transactions are automatically added to your accounting platform.
- Choice of liability for the account. While most credit cards for small-to-medium businesses offer personal or individual liability, the Bendigo Bank Business Credit Card offers 3 different options: personal or individual liability, joint and several liability or company liability. This means you can choose whether you are the only person legally responsible for the account, share responsibility or have it set up as a company responsibility.
- Mobile wallets. Link your card to Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay to tap and pay using your eligible smartphone or device.
Rates & fees
- Annual fees. The Bendigo Bank Business Credit Card charges a $4 monthly fee for each card linked to the account. This is equivalent to a $48 annual fee per card.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 44 days interest-free days on purchases for each statement period. This is made up of a 30-day statement cycle (when you can make purchases for that statement period) and the 14 days from the statement issue date to the payment due date.
- Cash advances. A 13.99% p.a. interest rate applies to cash advances, such as ATM withdrawals. A cash advance fee worth the greater of 3% or $3 also applies. But you can choose which cardholders have access to ATM withdrawals.
- International transaction fee. A 3% fee applies for transactions made overseas or online in a foreign currency.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
August 28, 2017
Can i get a credit card
Harold Jacob Finder
August 28, 2017
Thank you for your inquiry.
You can apply for this card as long as you can meet the following criteria.
– The registration of your business is in Australia
– Applicants meet required credit criteria according to the chosen type of liability arrangement
Additionally, you can check your credit card options featured on our website.
I hope this information has helped.
Show more Show less
March 10, 2016
does this card link to any frequent flyer programs
March 10, 2016
Thanks for your inquiry.
While there is no rewards program attached to Bendigo Bank Just Business MasterCard, you may check our comparison of Frequent flyer credit cards and take advantage of sign-up offers for bonus frequent flyer points. Please make sure to check eligibility requirements and their terms and conditions before you apply for the card.
I hope this helps.
Show more Show less