Bendigo Bank international money transfers
Available to eligible Bendigo Bank customers, the service offers fast international transfers in over 15 currencies, offering convenient and secure worldwide transactions.
Bendigo Bank and Adelaide Bank both began life as building societies and today look after the financial needs of more than 1.5 million customers around Australia. A top 60 ASX-listed company, the bank offers a wide variety of financial products and services.
|Product Name||Bendigo Bank|
|Pay By||Bank transfer, Cash, Phone banking|
|Receiving Options||Bank account|
|Customer Service||Phone, Live chat, In person|
|Maximum Transfer Amount||$30,000|
|Number of Currencies||19|
Bendigo Bank exchange rates
Bendigo Bank offers fast and simple international money transfers with competitive exchange rates based on the market rate. Rates are updated regularly in line with changes to market conditions, and you'll be able to view the available exchange rates for international telegraphic transfers through your Bendigo Bank e-banking account once you have registered for the transfer service.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Bendigo Bank?
The fee you pay when sending money overseas with Bendigo Bank varies depending on whether or not you are a shareholder. For shareholders, telegraphic transfers sent overseas or within Australia attract a fee of $15, while non-shareholders will need to pay a $30 fee for the same transaction.
Fees are also payable when you receive a money transfer - $2 if the transfer is received in Australian Dollars, or $10 for payments accepted in a foreign currency.
How does Bendigo Bank compare to other providers
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
The default maximum limit for telegraphic transfers via Bendigo Bank is $30,000, however different transfer limits may apply depending on your circumstances.
Bendigo Bank offers transfers to destinations worldwide, so contact the bank for a full list of the countries to which you can send money. Online transfers are available in the following currencies:
- Australian Dollar
- Canadian Dollar
- Swiss Franc
- Danish Kroner
- Fijian Dollar
- Great British Pound
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Indian Rupee
- Japanese Yen
- Norwegian Krone
- New Zealand Dollar
- Philippine Peso
- Swedish Krona
- Singapore Dollar
- Thai Baht
- United States Dollar
- South African Rand
What types of transfers can you carry out with Bendigo Bank?
Bendigo Bank allows to types of transfers:
- One-off payments. You can send a fast and secure one-off transfer to destinations around the world.
- Recurring payments. You also have the option of setting up a recurring payment weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You can enter a start and end date for your transfers, request for payments to end once a specified amount has been transferred, or set up payments indefinitely.
If you experience a problem with a transfer or ever need any assistance, Bendigo Bank offers customer contact and care seven days a week. You can get in touch with the bank via phone or live chat, with the customer care centre open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday.
The registration and transfer process
You’ll need to be a Bendigo Bank customer in order to send a telegraphic transfer, so contact the bank to find out which of its accounts are eligible to use this transfer service. If you already have an account in place, you’ll need to phone 1300 BENDIGO (236 344) to register for the telegraphic transfer service.
You’ll then be able to send telegraphic transfers from the Bendigo Bank e-banking portal. Simply sign in, select the ‘Telegraphic Transfer’ option and enter the details of your transfer. You’ll need to specify:
- Who you are sending the money to, including their bank account details
- The payment currency
- The amount you wish to send
- When you would like the transfer to take place
After clicking ‘Make Payment’, you’ll be able to review the details of your transfer and enter any reference information. If you’re ready to send the transfer, click ‘Continue’ to complete payment.
The good and bad of using Bendigo Bank
- Convenient. If you’re already a Bendigo Bank customer, it’s easy to access the telegraphic transfers service and send money overseas.
- Recurring payments. If you need to make regular overseas payments, you can easily set up a recurring payment plan through the e-banking portal.
- Cheaper transfer options are available. The $30 transfer fee for non-shareholders isn’t as affordable as transaction fees from other providers, while specialist money transfer companies usually offer better exchange rates than banks.
What other products and services does Bendigo Bank offer?
- Foreign exchange calculator and rates. Check the latest exchange rate and calculate your international currency transactions using these handy tools.
- Foreign cash. Stock up on cash in over 30 currencies for your next trip abroad.
- Bank drafts. Forward money to an overseas beneficiary using this secure payment method.
- Travellers cheques. Travellers cheques offer a safe and secure way to carry money while overseas.
- Multi-currency Cash Passport. Lock in an exchange rate before you go and spend money in up to 10 currencies with this handy card.
- Travel Insurance. Take out competitive travel insurance cover for domestic and international trips.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked