Bendigo Bank international money transfers
If you’re looking for a safe and easy way to send money from Australia to an overseas recipient, Bendigo Bank’s telegraphic transfer service is worth considering.
Available to eligible Bendigo Bank customers, the service offers fast international transfers in over 25 currencies, offering convenient and secure worldwide transactions.
Bendigo Bank and Adelaide Bank both began life as building societies and today look after the financial needs of more than 1.5 million customers around Australia. A top 60 ASX-listed company, the bank offers a wide variety of financial products and services.
Send a money transfer with a Bendigo Bank transaction account
Bendigo Bank exchange rates
Bendigo Bank offers fast and simple international money transfers with competitive exchange rates based on the market rate. Rates are updated regularly in line with changes to market conditions, and you’ll be able to view the available exchange rates for international telegraphic transfers through your Bendigo Bank e-banking account once you have registered for the transfer service.Back to top
How much does it cost to transfer money with Bendigo Bank?
The fee you pay when sending money overseas with Bendigo Bank varies depending on whether or not you are a shareholder. For shareholders, telegraphic transfers sent overseas or within Australia attract a fee of $15, while non-shareholders will need to pay a $30 fee for the same transaction.
Fees are also payable when you receive a money transfer - $2 if the transfer is received in Australian Dollars, or $10 for payments accepted in a foreign currency.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
The default maximum limit for telegraphic transfers via Bendigo Bank is $15,000, however different transfer limits may apply depending on your circumstances.
Bendigo Bank offers transfers to destinations worldwide, so contact the bank for a full list of the countries to which you can send money. Online transfers are available in the following currencies:
- Australian Dollar
- Canadian Dollar
- Swiss Franc
- Danish Kroner
- Fijian Dollar
- Great British Pound
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Indian Rupee
- Japanese Yen
- Norwegian Krone
- New Zealand Dollar
- Philippine Peso
- Swedish Krona
- Singapore Dollar
- Thai Baht
- United States Dollar
- South African Rand
In addition, you can send the following currencies via Bendigo Bank by visiting your nearest branch:
- United Arab Emirates Dirham
- Brunei Dollar
- Sri Lankan Rupee
- Papua New Guinea Kina
- Saudi Real
- Tongan Pa’anga
- Vanuatu Vatu
- Western Samoan Tala
- Pacific Franc
What types of transfers can you carry out with Bendigo Bank?
Bendigo Bank allows to types of transfers:
- One-off payments. You can send a fast and secure one-off transfer to destinations around the world.
- Recurring payments. You also have the option of setting up a recurring payment weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You can enter a start and end date for your transfers, request for payments to end once a specified amount has been transferred, or set up payments indefinitely.
If you experience a problem with a transfer or ever need any assistance, Bendigo Bank offers customer contact and care seven days a week. You can get in touch with the bank via phone or email, with the customer care centre open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday.Back to top
The registration and transfer process
You’ll need to be a Bendigo Bank customer in order to send a telegraphic transfer, so contact the bank to find out which of its accounts are eligible to use this transfer service. If you already have an account in place, you’ll need to phone 1300 BENDIGO (236 344) to register for the telegraphic transfer service.
You’ll then be able to send telegraphic transfers from the Bendigo Bank e-banking portal. Simply sign in, select the ‘Telegraphic Transfer’ option and enter the details of your transfer. You’ll need to specify:
- Who you are sending the money to, including their bank account details
- The payment currency
- The amount you wish to send
- When you would like the transfer to take place
After clicking ‘Make Payment’, you’ll be able to review the details of your transfer and enter any reference information. If you’re ready to send the transfer, click ‘Continue’ to complete payment.Back to top
The good and bad of using Bendigo Bank
- Convenient. If you’re already a Bendigo Bank customer, it’s easy to access the telegraphic transfers service and send money overseas.
- Supported currencies. With support for more than 25 currencies, Bendigo Bank offers transfers to a wide range of destinations.
- Recurring payments. If you need to make regular overseas payments, you can easily set up a recurring payment plan through the e-banking portal.
- Cheaper transfer options are available. The $30 transfer fee for non-shareholders isn’t as affordable as transaction fees from other providers, while specialist money transfer companies usually offer better exchange rates than banks.
What other products and services does Bendigo Bank offer?
- Foreign exchange calculator and rates. Check the latest exchange rate and calculate your international currency transactions using these handy tools.
- Foreign cash. Stock up on cash in over 30 currencies for your next trip abroad.
- Bank drafts. Forward money to an overseas beneficiary using this secure payment method.
- Travellers cheques. Travellers cheques offer a safe and secure way to carry money while overseas.
- Multi-currency Cash Passport. Lock in an exchange rate before you go and spend money in up to 10 currencies with this handy card.
- Travel Insurance. Take out competitive travel insurance cover for domestic and international trips.
Frequently asked questions about Bendigo Bank
Bendigo Bank offers fast, safe and secure transfers when you need to send money overseas. Compare your transfer options at finder.com.au to find the bank or specialist provider that offers the right deal for you.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Special offer: $40 off when you transfer more than $250+ with code AUFIND40, conditions apply.
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
$0 transfer fees for Finder customers.
OFX has no maximum limit transfers, with competitive exchange rates for 45+ currencies.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.