Protect yourself from rising interest rates and budget with confidence
A fixed rate home loan means that your interest rate stays put for the term you choose. With the Bendigo Bank Fixed Rate Home Loan, you'll have peace of mind knowing that your rate will be locked in for the term you choose, allowing you to budget with complete accuracy.
You can opt for a rate lock for an extra fee, protecting your interest rate throughout the settlement process so there is no rush during the home loan application process. There's also a partial offset account linked to this loan to help you save on interest, and a range of fee rebates for your Bendigo Bank transaction account and discounts off an eligible Bendigo Bank credit card.
|Product Name||Bendigo Bank Fixed Rate Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||95%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||No|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Ongoing Fees||$10 monthly ($120 p.a.)|
- Free online redraws
- Partial offset account
- 100% offset account not available
- Application fee of $150
What should I consider before signing up?
A fixed rate means that your repayments won't go up if rates rise, but you also won't benefit should interest rates fall. There's also a limit to the number of extra repayments you can make into your loan.
This loan is available for owner occupiers and refinancers and it's only available as a full documentation loan; there is no 'green' alternative or low doc option. There are also no construction loan options available and this loan can't be used as a bridging loan.
Features and benefits of the Bendigo Bank Fixed Rate home loan
- High loan to value (LVR) ratio. You can borrow up to 95% of the property's value so you only need a 5% deposit. For vacant land, the maximum LVR is 90%. Lender Mortgage Insurance (LMI) is payable should you need to borrow more than 80% of the property's value.
- Standard loan term. You can borrow up to a maximum of 30 years, so this loan can fit in with your long term home ownership or investment plans.
- Fixed interest rate. Budget with confidence knowing that your repayments will stay the same for the length of the fixed term.
- Rate lock available. This ensures that your rate stays the same during your settlement period, so there's no chance of the rate changing during the time it takes to settle. This rate lock applies for three months from the date of application and there is a fee involved (see below) payable from a nominated bank account.
- Flexible repayments. You can choose weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments for this home loan to better suit how often you get paid.
- Additional repayments. You can pay up to 20% extra of the loan balance over the fixed term.
- Redraw facility. You can redraw extra repayments you've made with this loan. Online redraws are free on available funds, but in branch redraws will incur a fee of $25.
- Partial offset account. Save on interest with a partial offset account with access to ATMs and hundreds of Suncorp branches Australia wide. Internet and phone banking is available along with a linked Bendigo Blue Debit MasterCard. You can even use this account as your daily transaction account.
- Save on fees. You can receive a transaction fee rebate on a range of eligible accounts including: Ultimate Account, Retirement Account, Mortgage Saver (full rebate), Achiever Passbook, Shareholder Account, Student account, Community Choice Investment Account and Our Community Account.
- Discounts off your credit card. You'll get a 3% p.a. discount off your Bendigo Bank Red Credit Card.
- Discounts off your insurance. You can be eligible for free Bendigo Home Insurance from the date of contract to your settlement date should you decide to purchase the Home and Contents insurance policy. This applies for a maximum of 90 days and the insurance is provided by CGU Insurance.
- Split facility. A split loan option is available with this product.
Fees and charges of the Bendigo Bank Fixed Rate Home Loan
Fees you can avoid
- Rate lock fee, $Varies. $600 plus 0.15% of the total amount less than $500,000. An additional late fee of $250 applies for a rate lock made after the initial loan application.
- Search processing fee, $50 per search. This is payable for Bendigo Bank to perform a title search to ensure the property will be rightfully under your name.
- Guarantor fee, $150. This is payable only if you'd like to add a guarantee onto your loan.
Fees you can't avoid
- Monthly service fee $10 per month. This fee covers the cost of maintaining your home loan account.
- Application fee, $150. This is payable for a new loan or when you apply for additional funds on your existing loan.
- Valuation fee, $Varies. This is to pay a third party valuer to go to the property and perform an assessment.
- Document preparation fee, $Varies. With a range from $100 to $600, this covers the cost of preparing your loan documents.
- Settlement fee, $100. This is charged to process the settlement of your loan or when you'd like add funds or change your loan.
How do I find out more information or apply straight away?
Please click on the secure links provided on this page to speak to a home loan specialist from Bendigo Bank.
What options do I have after I click 'go to site'?
- Make an enquiry
- Talk to Bendigo Bank
- Make an appointment
- Apply now
What details are required for a call back?
- Your name
- Your postcode for a local representative
- Best number to get you back on (Bendigo Bank is open up to 8pm weekdays and 4pm weekends)
Am I eligible to apply online?
- You'll need to be at least 18 years of age
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You are in paid employment
- There are no more than two applicants
- You are listed on the loan as a borrower
- You have a credit history with no payment defaults, court judgements of bankruptcy
- You are not applying for commercial or business purposes
What documents would I need to supply?
- Information about your loan amount and purpose
- Details about your income and employment
- Information about your assets and commitments
- Identification such as your driver's licence and expiry date