Work out how your loan will look with a bank loan calculator.
Are you considering a personal loan from Bendigo Bank, Citi or Commonwealth Bank? Before you apply, you might want to check how much a personal loan from one of these lenders will cost you. You can do this by using a personal loan calculator.
Find out how each of these bank's personal loan calculators works on this page.
Bendigo Bank Personal Loan Calculator
You start by selecting what type of Bendigo Bank personal loan you want. Then, enter your loan amount, loan term and repayment frequency. Remember you can change these after you see the result to see how it affects your loan.
After you enter this information, as shown above, you will be able to see how much the loan will cost. The cost breakdown includes your regular repayment, the interest rate, the comparison rate and the total interest you will pay over the loan term. The chart will show you how much you're paying over the term.
See the image below for an example.
Citi Personal Loan Calculator
To start, select which product you want to apply for and how much you want to borrow.
Once you select your loan terms, you'll be able to see how much your ongoing repayments will be. Change your borrowing amount or repayment terms to see if you could save.
Commonwealth Bank Personal Loan Calculator
This calculator simply gets you select the type of loan you want and then input your loan amount, loan terms and repayment frequency. You can adjust the interest rate field, but it is determined by the type of loan you select. It will then show you how much your monthly repayments will be.
When will these bank personal loan calculators come in use?
Bank calculators are the easy way to work out how much you can borrow and how much your repayments will be over the life of your loan. They offer a range of benefits including:
- Convenience. You can calculate your loan repayments online, any time of the day or night.
- Flexibility. Adjust variables such as the amount and term of the loan and frequency of repayments to suit your budget.
- Speed. You're able to calculate your loan and then apply immediately online, making the whole process much faster than a visit to your local branch.
- Transparency. All the variables are selected by you, so you won’t get any nasty surprises later on such as hidden fees and charges.
- Value for money. Not only are these loan calculators free, but they allow you to see the true cost of a loan and ensure that you're taking on a competitive loan option before you apply.
What personal loans do these banks offer?
Let’s take a look at the personal loans offered by these three major lenders: Bendigo Bank, Citi and the Commonwealth Bank.
- Secured or unsecured personal loans. Apply for a loan from $2,000 – there are secured and unsecured options available. Loan terms up to 7 year(s) are available as well as free online redraws with both the unsecured and secured loans.
- Green secured or unsecured personal loans. You can use the secured green personal loan to purchase an ‘A’ rated vehicles emitting less than 130g of CO2 per kilometre, or use the unsecured loan to finance a range of energy-saving purchase such as solar or "green" white goods.
- Student secured or unsecured personal loans. If you are a full- or part-time student or apprentice you may be eligible for a 1% p.a. discount on your personal loan with Bendigo Bank.
- Ready Credit. This is a line of credit product with a maximum available limit of $75,000. An initial rate of 5.9 applies to balance transfers or cheques to self made in the first 90 days of your account opening. After 3 year(s) a revert rate will apply to outstanding balances.
- Personal Loan Plus. The Personal Loan Plus offers a tailored interest rate of between 8.99% p.a. and 17.99% p.a. You can apply for up to $75,000 and access it as a reusable credit facility.
- Fixed rate loans. Your choice of a 1 year(s) to 7 year(s) loan term plus the option of weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments. All with a competitive fixed rate.
- Variable rate loans. With competitive rates, no penalty for additional repayments and a choice of a term between 1 year(s)and 7 year(s).
- Secured car loans. Terms of between 1 year(s) and are available, as are a choice of weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments plus the option to make additional repayments up to $5,000 a year.
- Personal overdrafts. Access additional funds from $100 up to $20,000 from your Commonwealth Bank account.
Bank calculators are a great tool for potential borrowers, as they allow you to do your homework and know what you need and what can afford before applying for a personal loan. They offer the convenience of 24/7 access, the flexibility to design a loan that suits your budget, the speed to get your loan approved faster, the transparency that comes with knowing everything upfront and the value for money that only doing it yourself online can bring.