Bendigo Bank offers business owners a convenient account that makes it simple to make everyday financial transactions and keep track of them. Linked to a debit MasterCard and with availability online, there are no limits to how you can conduct the money side of your business. If you qualify you can even add an overdraft to help cover those unexpected expenses that come up.
What are the features of the Bendigo Bank Business Account?
A business banking account needs to provide you with flexibility and ease, without eating away at your working capital. Look for features that support that and work with your business structure when comparing various business accounts among Australian banks:
- Monthly account keeping fees. You will pay no monthly or ongoing fees with this account.
- Transaction rebates. There are no rebates available for this account so you will be charged the full fee for certain transactions.
- Fee free transactions. Your account will not be charged for the following transactions; internal sweep, EFTPOS purchase where credit is selected, Bendigo ATM deposit and enquiries, direct credit or debit, periodical payment, loan repayments at Bank@Post, and branch cash deposits.
- Transaction fees. For the following transactions $0.40 will be charged to your account; BPAY withdrawals, online internal and Pay Anyone transfers and phone banking transfers. For withdrawals using EFTPOS or Bendigo Bank ATMs you will be charged $0.70 per transaction. Bank@Post deposits and withdrawals are charged to your account at $1.65 each time.
- Overseas transactions. For overseas non Bendigo Bank ATM use you will be charged $1.50 for balance enquiries and $5 for withdrawals.
- Debit card. You can choose to have your Business Account linked to a Bendigo Business Blue Debit MasterCard or an Easy Money ATM card.
- Debit MasterCard. The debit MasterCard affords you the same accessibility as a MasterCard credit card, allowing you to make purchases in person, online, and through the phone without accruing interest charges.
- ATM network. Bendigo Bank has partnered with Suncorp Bank to combine ATM networks. This allows you access to over 2,000 ATMs across Australia as you are permitted to use a Suncorp Bank ATM without paying extra fees.
- Ongoing balance. There are no balance requirements for the Business Account.
- Overdraft facility. Subject to Bendigo Bank approval there is an overdraft facility available with this account.
- Accessibility. In addition to ATM access you are also able to bank in a Bendigo branch, online, over the phone and with a cheque book.
How do I apply for the Bendigo Bank Business Account?
If the features of the Bendigo Bank Business Account are in line with the way your business is structured, you will need to connect with a Bendigo Bank business banker in order to apply. This can be done by phone, email, or by clicking “Go to Site” and filling out an online enquiry. Before your meeting, you should ensure that you and your business are eligible for this account:
- Minimum age. In order to be able to open this account, you must be authorised to do so with a registered business in Australia.
- Residency requirements. Not only should the business be registered in Australia, but any account holders will have to be Australian residents for tax purposes.
- Depository requirements. You will need to be able to deposit at least one dollar into the account before it can be activated.
When preparing to meet with a business banker from Bendigo Bank it will be helpful if you have the following documentation with you:
- Tax file number. Your business tax file number (TFN) or exemption code is used to help determine the correct tax withholding rate on accounts that earn interest.
- Identification. All account holders will need to have their identity verified using an Australian passport, driver’s licence or Medicare card.
- Business number. You will be asked to provide the Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN) as a part of the application.
The business banker will go over all of the details of the account with you after confirming your identity and the eligibility of your business. Once the account has been set up, you will be issued the debit card that you chose and can begin making your business financial transactions through your new Business Account.