Get up to $1,000 of your paycheck in advance, any day of the month with Beforepay’s pay on demand service.
Beforepay is a short-term money provider and budgeting app that allows you to access up to $1,000 of your wages ahead of payday. You can use it to pay unexpected bills before payday, or if you need quick access to a small amount of cash. With Beforepay, you can also use the app to analyse your spending habits and receive a comprehensive budget plan tailored for you. This way you can both monitor your repayments and manage your money with a plan.
3 Things to consider about this product
- Get access to up to $1,000
- Single fixed transaction fee of 5%
- No ongoing costs
Find out more about what Beforepay has to offer below.
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support.
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
Main points to consider with Beforepay Pay On Demand
Beforepay is a financing application that enables you to instantly access some of the money you're owed from work prior to payday. The app also helps you track your spending and can help you create an effective budget by analysing your past spending.
Beforepay works by accessing your salary and spending habits via your bank. Simply connect your bank to the app and access up to $1,000 of your usual salary before your next payday, which you'll have up to 4 weeks to repay. Beforepay charges a 5% transaction fee on all repayments, with no interest or hidden fees.
Unlike invoice financing solutions, which exclusively cater to B2B business owners, Beforepay is accessible to most employed people. And unlike payday loans, which usually charge an establishment fee of 20% of the loan amount, and 4% in monthly fees, Beforepay is an arguably lower-cost solution to accessing some of your pay early.
Features of Beforepay
This platform includes the following features:
- Fast wage advances. This platform offers up to $1,000 in wage instalments on your expected salary.
- Repay in instalments. Make your repayments in 4 weekly instalments.
- Quick application. Downloading the app takes as little as 2 minutes.
- Instant funding. Get your funding in as little as 60 seconds.
- Connects to your bank account. This app connects directly to your bank account.
- Budget technology. Beforepay automatically analyses your spending habits to provide you with a tailored budget.
- Predict your recurring bills. Using the above feature, Beforepay can predict your recurring bills and send you bill reminders.
- Secure and private. Beforepay uses bank-grade security to protect your data from fraud.
- Free to download and use. This app is free to download and to use. You only have to pay if you borrow funds.
- Repay early. There are no penalty charges for repaying early.
- "Delay payment" option. If you can't make a repayment on time, you can select a "delay payment" option that will automatically line up your next repayment with your next payday. Please note that you can only do this once per wage instalment.
What to weigh up: The pros and cons of using Beforepay
- Instantly access your money ahead of payday
- Lower cost than traditional payday loans
- Access to a personalised budget
- Only small amounts of money available
- Not a long-term finance solution
- Short repayment terms
Fees and charges
- Transaction fee. A 5% transaction fee applies only if you borrow money against your upcoming wages.
- No interest. This is an interest-free service.
- No ongoing fees. There are no administration fees or monthly fees for using this service.
How do I apply?
To apply for Beforepay, simply download the app to your phone, tablet or computer. All you need is:
- Your phone number to download the app
- An active bank account that has had a minimum of 2 months' salary paid into it
- Your online banking details in order for Beforepay to access your data