Beachy keen? Virgin Australia drops $599 return flights to the Cook Islands
There's sunshine in spades just a hop and skip away.
Just a few days back, Virgin Australia dropped a 30% off flight sale across Australia, USA and South Pacific flights. But while Fiji, the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu were on the sale list, the Cook Islands were not.
No dramas though, because if you had your travelling sights set on the island paradise, we've got news for you. The airline has finally dropped fares to Rarotonga to just $599 return.
At this price, you can take off from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane from 7 May until 26 June 2020.
Need to head off earlier? No sweat. Flights from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane from 19 January until 29 May 2020 are also on sale from $699 return.
To book, head to the Virgin Australia website by 28 October 2019.
Then pack your bags and go.
How good are these Virgin Australia Rarotonga fares?
- Price: Good. At their very best, we've seen flights to the Cook Islands drop under $500 return. However, these were for much more restrictive periods and didn't include some school holiday dates like this sale does.
- Airline: Great. Virgin Australia is a full-service airline and checked luggage, meals and in-flight entertainment comes included in your ticket.
- Frequent Flyer Points: Great. You'll earn 5 points for every $1 spent. That's a minimum of 2,995 points on a return fare.
- Travel time: OK. All flights are indirect, stopping at Auckland before continuing onto Rarotonga. This is standard for all Virgin Australia flights between Australia and the Cook Islands.
- Weather: Good. May to September is dry season on the Cook Islands, which oddly enough is when the cheaper flights are. November to March is wet season; however, it's also the peak Christmas holiday break, which could explain the price hike.