The BDCU Alliance Bank MiniAccess Account suits people who don’t require frequent access to their account. Featuring a low fee structure for customers with a low volume of transactions, the MiniAccess Account offers affordable and easy access to your funds. There are no minimum opening or monthly balance requirements and no monthly service fees to worry about. However, transaction fees do apply if you exceed your monthly fee-free transaction threshold.
What are the features of the BDCU Alliance Bank MiniAccess Account?
No minimum balance requirements
There are no minimum opening or monthly balance requirements attached to the account. This means you are free to withdraw as much as you want at any time without having to worry about incurring any additional fees or having your account closed.
Funds available at call
The BDCU Alliance Bank MiniAccess Account is an at-call transaction account, so your money is available at any time.
No ongoing fees
There is no monthly service fee attached to the BDCU Alliance Bank MiniAccess Account.
Six free withdrawals per month
The BDCU Alliance Bank MiniAccess Account is a transaction account for people who only need to perform a low volume of transactions. As a result, your first six withdrawals each month are free, but you will need to pay $3 for subsequent withdrawals.
Wide range of access options
There are several ways you can access your BDCU Alliance Bank MiniAccess Account, including phone and Internet banking transfers, Advice Centre deposits and withdrawals, cheque deposits and withdrawals, and access via the RediATM network using a RediCARD.
- No minimum opening or monthly balance
- Funds available at call
- No account keeping fees
- Limit on number of monthly withdrawals applies.
What you’ll need to know before applying
If you’re looking for a convenient transaction account but you only require access to your funds a few times a month, the BDCU Alliance Bank MiniAccess Account is certainly worth a closer look. If you’re interested in applying for an account, click on one of the “Apply Now” links on this page. This will take you to the BDCU Alliance Bank website where you can peruse the account terms and conditions and find an application form.
Unfortunately, there is no option to apply for a BDCU Alliance Bank MiniAccess Account online. However, you can apply in one of the following ways:
- Download a form. Visit the bank’s website to download an account application form. You can drop your completed form off at your nearest BDCU Alliance Bank Advice Centre or submit it by post.
- Visit an Advice Centre. Pop into your nearest BDCU Alliance Bank to apply for an account in person.
- Apply over the phone. You can also phone BDCU Alliance Bank’s customer helpline to receive step-by-step advice on how to apply.
If you’re a new customer to BDCU Alliance Bank, the bank will require identification before you can open and access your account. A current driver’s licence or passport will satisfy this requirement, but other forms of ID are acceptable. Contact the bank for more details.
You will also need to satisfy the following eligibility criteria in order to open an account:
- Residency requirements. This account is only available to Australian residents.
- Withdrawal requirements. While it is not a mandatory requirement, transaction fees will apply whenever you make more than six transactions per month. Make sure you’re aware of this fact before opening an account.
The BDCU Alliance Bank MiniAccess Account offers a number of benefits to people who only need limited access to their transaction account. However, make sure you’re aware of the fees that apply and compare this account with a range of other products before deciding whether it’s right for you.