Read great books for less with our promo codes for the Barnes & Noble online bookstore.
Barnes & Noble promo codes and coupons
Popular Barnes & Noble coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|7 Jan 2019||50% off clearance sale||********|
|7 Jan 2019||Best books of 2018 from $5||********|
About Barnes & Noble Coupon Codes
Barnes & Noble has been in the book business for nearly a century and is the largest retail book seller in the United States. One hundred years after its first store opened, Barnes & Noble is still a leader in book sales online, providing paperbacks, hardcovers, audiobooks and eBooks to avid readers worldwide. The Barnes & Noble Nook, is one of the most sought after in the market and its eBook library is one of the world's biggest.
What can I buy from Barnes & Noble?
- Barnes & Noble best sellers: You can browse through the ‘Barnes & Noble Best Sellers’ section for an up-to-date selection of the books that are flying off the shelves.
- Barnes & Noble Award Winners: Go to the ‘Awards Winners’ section on the Barnes and Noble site for a selection of publications that were awarded the Man Booker Prize, Pulitzer Prize, The Nobel Prize for literature, and more.
- Barnes & Noble CDs & DVDs: Barnes & Noble also has a large collection of classic and newly released CDs and DVDs, as well as records and collector’s items.
- Barnes & Noble Nook Books: Nook Books are Barnes & Noble’s answer to Amazon Kindle’s collection. As one of the largest eBook libraries in the world, you are sure to find what you're looking for – and you don't need to need to wait for shipping. Just purchase your book and get reading.
- Barnes & Noble gift cards: A Barnes & Noble gift card might be the perfect gift for mum, dad, boyfriend, girlfriend, a friend, a colleague, or just about anyone.
- Barnes & Noble textbook rental: Students can take advantage of the Barnes & Noble textbook rental library.
- Barnes & Noble online storytime: Online storytime is a free virtual reading time that is accessed via a video streaming site. This site features popular children's authors. Imagine a reading by an author in your favourite library or bookshop – just online.
Barnes & Noble Review | Pros and Cons
- Barnes & Noble is a large bookstore with a global reach and a massive collection of books.
- The Barnes and Noble eBook collection is one of the world’s largest and its ebooks are in the globally used and ‘compatible with everything’ EPUB format.
- Members of Barnes & Noble have access to deals, sales, and special offers like ‘Free Fridays’.
- Barnes & Noble ships from the USA, which is both more expensive and more timely in comparison with some Australian based bookstores.
How can I buy a Barnes & Noble gift card?
Gift cards are a perfect way to give a gift you know will be loved and ‘exactly what they wanted’. Barnes & Noble offers gift cards in various amounts and are designed to suit many occasions and recipients (such as gift cards with a birthday hat decoration or one designed for kids). You can also purchase Egift cards. Just go to the Barnes & Noble website and click ‘Gift Cards’ in the top menu bar to buy.
How can I check my Barnes & Noble gift card balance?
You can check the balance of your Barnes & Noble gift card online by logging into your account.
What is Barnes & Noble Free Friday? | How can I get Barnes & Noble free NOOKbooks?
NookBook readers have access to free ebooks every Friday. Members have instant access. Just log into your account and select Free Fridays to browse for freebies.
NOOK v Kindle v Kobo – Which is the best for me?
If you don’t know your Nooks from your Glos, and talk about EPUB and mobi leaves you scratching your head, don’t despair! It’s pretty simple to compare the eBook reader market leaders: Kobo, Amazon Kindle and Barnes & Noble Nook. Here are the main differences:
E Ink screen – The E Ink screen is what sets eBook readers apart from other devices. The best thing about it is that it doesn’t tire out and damage your eyes if you look at it for long periods (unlike tablet and computer screens). It’s the closest thing you can get to reading a regular book page, and it allows eBook readers to run for weeks on a single charge. Kobo, Nook and Kindle all have state of the art E ink screens. The 2014 released Kindle Paperwhite and Kobo Glo have the newest version, while the Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight is a generation behind.
Reading lights – All three manufacturers’ newest editions include a built-in reading light which allows you to read in the dark. The reading lights for the similarly priced Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Glowlight, and Kobo Glo are all comparable, while the Kindle Voyage, at a higher price point has a light that automatically adjusts to suit the conditions.
DRM Scheme – The Amazon Kindle has its own file ecosystem – which could be irksome if you want to use your reader to upload your own ebooks that you didn’t purchase directly from Amazon. Kobo supports the widest variety of ebook formats, including graphic friendly CBZ and CBR files. The Nook supports the globally compatible EPUB and PDF file types, and most of the books on the Barnes & Noble store come in EPUB format. Note that with the use of a free and simple file converter like Calibre, you can read most formats on most devices.
Price – The Barnes & Noble Nook just beats out the competition as the most budget friendly eReader with similar specs.
What is Pottermore? (And why does this muggle need it?)
Pottermore is an interactive and community-based site that gives Potter fans insider access to information about the Harry Potter saga from J.K. Rowling. The site is free to use and allows readers to participate in stories, get creative, and enjoy the books over and over again.
What is the BN.com Marketplace?
The BN.com (Barnes & Noble) Marketplace facilitates the sale and transaction of millions of books supplied by small and large sellers worldwide. It allows customers living outside of the US to select sellers that are closer to home, and can help to save on shipping and delivery times.
How does Barnes & Noble shipping and delivery to Australia work?
Barnes & Noble ships to Australia. You can select standard airmail (estimated time is 7–21 business days) for USD7.49, priority airmail (estimated delivery time is 4–14 business days) for USD9.99, or express airmail. Express items will be shipped with UPS (estimated delivery time is 1–4 business days) and costs USD29.99 for the first item plus USD5.99 for every additional item.
What forms of payment does Barnes & Noble accept?
- American Express
- Barnes & Noble Giftcards
How do I return items to Barnes & Noble?
Items must be returned to Barnes & Noble within 14 days of delivery. Items must be unopened and in their original condition to be accepted. You can be eligible for an exchange, refund, or store credit upon returning you purchase. NookBooks, PDFs, Spark notes and gift cards are not eligible for returns.