Cheap flights to Barcelona for 2020
Discover flight sales and special fares to Barcelona from Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Barcelona is an absolute must-see for visitors to Europe. While Gaudi’s awe-inspiring Sagrada Familia is high on the list of popular sights, the Catalonian capital has it all: fabulous food, a moderate climate and a beach right in the city. Exploring the city parks, unique architecture and a long list of shopping hot spots is a must. To top it off, this coastal gem boasts a happening nightlife.
Barcelona El-Prat Airport (BCN) is the main airport that major carriers fly into, with connections typically in the Middle East or South-East Asia. Due to its popularity, Barcelona is usually included as a destination in major flight sales, so there's always a good chance of finding a deal from Australia.
See our latest Barcelona flight deals
How much are flights to Barcelona?
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to Barcelona El-Prat Airport.
Barcelona flight times
- From Sydney: Approximately 22 hrs 55 mins + with one stopover, landing at Barcelona -El Prat Josep Tarradellas Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 22 hrs 20 mins + with one stopover, landing at Barcelona-El Prat Josep Tarradellas Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 20 hrs 05 mins + with one stopover, landing at Barcelona- El Prat Josep Tarradellas Airport
- From Brisbane: 22 hrs 50 mins + with one stopover, landing at Barcelona-El Prat Josep Tarradellas Airport
Airlines that fly to Barcelona
- China Southern
Barcelona insider flight tips
- If you are looking for the cheapest flight from Australia to Barcelona and have a flexible timetable, you are likely to find it with Air China, China Eastern or China Southern. These flights usually involve two stopovers- one in China and one in Europe- which can be long enough to explore the city you're stopping in.
- If you're looking to explore more of Spain or Europe while you're there and fly back to Australia from a different airport, you can book a multi-stop flight. Airlines want you yo book with them on both legs, so they discount return flights. Most online travel booking websites have a multi-city option allowing you to book return flights into one city and out of another. This is called an open-jaw ticket. Flying back from one of the other capitals like Madrid, Paris or Amsterdam will allow you to get back to Australia with only one stopover.
- It is worth signing up to the newsletters for Emirates, Qantas and Qatar Airways as they offer the shortest flight times to Barcelona from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide via the Middle East. They also fly from Darwin with a change in Singapore or Perth. This route departs Australia for Barcelona first thing in the morning (to arrive that evening) or late at night (to arrive the following afternoon). Cathay Pacific also offers one-stop flights from Cairns, but they are considerably pricier than changing at one of the major Australian airports.
How to get around Barcelona from the airport
Barcelona Airport is 12km from the city centre and visitors have a range of transport options to get them to the city. It’s worth researching which transport zones you are likely to travel between so you can choose the best travel card for your needs. The T10 ticket gives you 10 journeys on all public transport methods and can be shared with members of your group. There are also multi-day Tourist Travel Passes for unlimited travel, or a Barcelona Card which includes unlimited travel as well as discounts on attractions, restaurants and souvenirs.
Aerobus is a private shuttle bus leaving from both terminals every 12 minutes. In terms of public transport, the cheapest method of all is the TMB airport bus 46 which is less frequent and has less luggage space than the Aerobus. Night buses N17 and N16 replace the 46 between 10pm and 4.45am, running every 20 minutes. You can also take the train from the airport to major hubs Estacio De Sants or Passeig de Gràcia in about 25 minutes. Terminal one arrivals should take a free shuttle to the train station entrance. If you are not going close to one of the main hubs then another option is the Airport Metro line L9 Sud which leaves every 7 minutes. Some major hotels offer courtesy airport transfers and there are also private taxis available.
More guides on Finder
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2020
Score cheap flights locally and internationally with CheapOair's Black Friday deals.
Qantas: Why ultra-long-haul is still the future
Airlines can survive coronavirus by pivoting to longer flights, as Linus Bauer from the University of London explains.
Western Australia travel restrictions: Where you can go in November 2020
What you need to know before you travel in WA, including which attractions and national parks are open, where you can stay and the available modes of transport.
Queensland travel restrictions | What’s open in November 2020?
Here’s everything you need to know about travelling in Australia’s sunshine state in November 2020.
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2020
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
11 remote Airbnbs you can work from in 2020
From tiny houses to luxurious beachfront properties and rainforest cottages, see our top choices for remote Airbnbs to work from in Australia.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2020
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2020
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2020
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Flights to Coffs Habour (CFS) and deals for 2020
Find out how much you should be paying for flights, the best time to book and transport options with our guide for booking flights to Coffs Harbour.
Ask an Expert