Save with Bankwest’s three year introductory interest rate and take advantage of a $0 application fee
Product no longer offered
Please note that Bankwest no longer offers this product, and this page is provided for information purposes only. Compare Bankwest's other home loans here.
Whether you’re buying your next property or switching to Bankwest, you can save with a 1.30% p.a. discount off the standard variable rate (early exit fees may apply and depend on individual loans such as rate, terms and value) for the first three years.
This loan is suitable for new customers who have a bigger deposit or equity in their existing loan, and only need to borrow up to 80% of the property’s value. After three years, the rate will revert to the Bankwest Lite Home Loan reference rate.
Take advantage of Bankwest’s special introductory rate and for a limited time only you’ll pay no application fee - an immediate saving of $695. The Bankwest Super Start Home Loan also has no annual or ongoing monthly maintenance fees.
What are the features of this home loan?
- No establishment fee or ongoing maintenance fees. There are no establishment fees, ongoing account maintenance fees or monthly offset fees associated with this home loan.
- Interest-only options. Interest-only payments are available from one to five years. This could be a great option for borrowers looking to free up some extra cash.
- Redraw facility. This loan offers free access to any extra repayments via the online mortgage redraw facility. Normally there is a Home Loan Access fee of $10 for this service, but customers using the online banking service get this for free.
- Flexible repayments. The loan repayment frequency can be set at either weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments. Borrowers are free to pay as much as they would like over their loan minimum repayment and have the ability to redraw the additional these funds at any time without incurring any additional charges. This can be done via Bankwest Online Banking.
- Portability. If you wish to sell your existing property and buy a new one, you can bring this loan with you, provided the borrowing amount doesn't increase. There's a $350 fee associated with this, but allows you to avoid having to terminate your loan and apply for a new one, which can come with upfront fees and the uncertainty of a new loan application. Using this feature will involve Bankwest organising a valuation on the new property and will require you to sign some documents.
Are there any optional extras I could take out?
- Home and contents insurance. You can receive a 5% discount on home and contents insurance if you combine your building and contents insurance policy with Bankwest's general insurance partner, Vero Insurance.
- Credit protection insurance. St Andrew’s (a partner with Bankwest) can help ease the stress of owning a home by covering your home loan repayments if you are unable to due to sickness or injury, or if you suddenly lose your job involuntarily.
How do I apply or find out more information about this loan?
If you would like to apply or find out more information about the Bankwest Super Start Home Loan, please click on the secure links on this page to be take to Bankwest’s website. You’ll be able to make an appointment where a Bankwest consultant will come to you, apply directly or make an obligation-free enquiry.
What do I need to provide?
- Your driver’s licence number
- Details about your employment, including contact details and the length of your employment
- Details about your finances, including your income, expenses and other assets
Am I eligible?
- You must be least 18 years old
- You’re a permanent Australian resident or citizen
- Meet the minimum lending criteria including borrowing up to 80% of the property value