The Bankwest Qantas Gold MasterCard offers Qantas Points as you spend and interest-free days on purchases.
The Bankwest Qantas Gold MasterCard allows you to earn Qantas Points when you spend money on eligible purchases using the credit card. When you apply for this card you can also look forward to receiving complimentary credit card travel insurance and interest-free days on purchases.
Bankwest Qantas Gold MasterCard review
Bankwest Qantas MasterCard has some great features. For starters you get higher credit limits starting from $5,000 and interest-free purchases for up to 44 days.
You also get to earn Qantas Points when you use your credit card on eligible purchases. Worldwide emergency replacement is also free of charge.
Benefits of the Bankwest Qantas Gold MasterCard
- Bankwest Qantas Rewards Program. Every $2 spent using your credit card will let you earn 1 Qantas Point on eligible purchases.
To earn and redeem rewards points, you have to be a Qantas Frequent Flyer program member. If you aren’t already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, new Bankwest Qantas MasterCard holders are eligible to receive a complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership.
- Complimentary credit card international travel insurance. Cardholders will receive overseas cover when they purchase return tickets using their credit card. This insurance policy provides coverage for medical and hospital expenses, theft/damage/loss, delayed baggage and car hire excess.
- Purchase security cover. You also get a complimentary purchase security cover which gives you 3 months coverage against theft, accidental damage and loss of items bought using the credit card. This coverage is available for goods purchased worldwide.
- Purchase price guarantee. You have a purchase price guarantee which allows you to claim the price difference if you find the same item you purchased at a cheaper rate within a period of 21 days. The minimum claimable amount is $75 and maximum is $1000.
- St. Andrew’s credit card protection cover. This is an optional extra feature that allows you cover yourself against situations that may lead to your failure to honour repayments. The St. Andrew’s Protection gives you coverage for an unpaid balance of up to $50,000. Premium is calculated automatically and deducted from your card. Card holders who do not have an outstanding balance are not charged.
- Bankwest Qantas transaction account. You can also request for a Bankwest Qantas transaction account along with your credit card.
- Earn extra Qantas Points. You get to earn more Qantas Points by keeping money in the transaction account and using your credit card at the same time.
Features of the Bankwest Qantas Gold MasterCard
There are various features that you can access with the Bankwest Qantas Gold MasterCard and these include but are not limited to:
- Annual fee. The Gold card is charged an annual fee of $150.
- Credit limits. Qantas Gold MasterCard gives cardholders a minimum credit limit of $5,000.
- Qantas rewards program. If you are a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program you can earn reward points with your purchase. 0.5 point is earned for every $1 spent using the credit card. You can earn up to 66,667 Qantas Points annually.
- Emergency card replacement. You can have your credit card replaced worldwide, free of charge.
- Interest-free offer. There is an interest-free offer on purchases valid for 44 days.
- Complimentary credit card international travel insurance. There are various complementary insurance products available and these include: travel insurance, purchase security insurance, purchase extended warranty and purchase price guarantee.
- Balance transfer offer. A rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months applies on your balance transfers.
How to apply for the Bankwest Qantas Gold MasterCard
The full application criteria is available in the table below. Applicants are required to be:
- Above the age of 18 years
- Permanent Australian residents
The application process is quite simple and it’s important to note that Bankwest will electronically verify your identity and obtain a credit report.
- Two of the following forms of identification may be provided: Passport, driver’s license, Australian birth certificate.
- Include your length of employment as well as your employer’s contact information.
- Include your assets, expenses and income information.
You can save your application without completing it and resume application when you have the time. Before you can begin applying, you must agree to the terms and conditions set by Bankwest.Back to top