Enjoy 80,000 bonus More Reward Points when you meet spending requirements, two complimentary airport lounge visits per year, complimentary insurance and a wide range of other perks with a new Bankwest More World MasterCard.
The Bankwest More World MasterCard is a premium card that provides a range of ongoing rewards and benefits. New customers can get 80,000 bonus More Reward Points when they apply by 31 January 2017, are approved and spend $2,500 in the first 3 months of account opening. That’s enough points for a $200 flight, a skydiving experience, or Gold Class cinema tickets for the family.
If you are looking to consolidate debts from other bank credit cards, apply before 31 January 2017 and take advantage of the balance transfer offer of 2.99% p.a. for the first 9 months.
|Product Name||Bankwest More World MasterCard|
|Rewards Program||Bankwest More Rewards Program|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||2.99% p.a. for 9 months|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||31 January 2017|
|Annual fee||$240 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance Cover||0 months|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement|
Credit rating requirement is provided only as a guide. Understanding your credit file helps you make more informed decisions in regards to your finances. Learn more about what this means here.
|Annual Fee||$240 p.a.|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $4.00 per cash advance|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0 p.a.|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- Receive 80,000 introductory bonus points when you spend $2,500 within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Benefit from a low introductory rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers.
- Earn 2.5 Reward Points per dollar spent on eligible purchases, with uncapped earnings potential.
- Enjoy two complimentary airport lounge access per year.
- You can add up to 3 extra cardholders for free.
- There is only up to 44 days interest free when you make a purchase on your card.
|Rewards Program||Bankwest More Rewards Program|
|Bonus Points on Sign-up||80,000|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC)||2.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||Uncapped|
Bankwest More World MasterCard review
This top-tier credit card is designed to provide value through a range of premium and competitive features. It offers 2.5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases and has no points cap. When you have earned enough points, you can redeem them for a wide range of rewards including flights, gift cards, merchandise and experiences.
As well as rewards, cardholders can enjoy two complimentary airport lounge visits per year, complimentary insurance covers, a concierge service and no foreign transaction fees on overseas and online purchases. The Bankwest More World MasterCard has a standard variable purchase rate of 19.99% p.a. and a standard annual fee of $240.
Benefits of the Bankwest More World MasterCard
- Introductory bonus points. Enjoy a bonus 80,000 More Reward Points when you apply for this card by 31 January 2017, are approved and spend $2,500 in the first 3 months.
- Balance transfer offer. This card has an introductory balance transfer rate of 2.99% p.a. for the first 9 months when you apply by 31 January 2017. Any outstanding balance remaining after the introductory period will be charged interest at the standard balance transfer rate, currently 19.99% p.a. (variable).
- Bankwest More Rewards. This card earns 2.5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases, has no points cap and boasts a wide range of redemption options through the Bankwest More Rewards program.
- Complimentary airport lounge visits. The Bankwest More World MasterCard offers two complimentary airport lounge visits per year through Priority Pass. To take advantage of this perk, you must enrol at prioritypass.com/MoreWORLD. Once you enrol you will have access to more than 950 participating airport lounges worldwide.
- Complimentary credit card travel insurance. This card comes with complimentary international travel insurance and interstate flight inconvenience insurance to give you peace of mind when you travel.
- Complimentary purchase insurance options. The Bankwest More World MasterCard provides purchase protection insurance to help protect eligible items against theft or damage, price guarantee insurance to get the lowest price on your purchases, and extended warranty coverage for eligible purchases with an Australian manufacturer’s warranty.
- Concierge service. Access your own 24/7 personal assistant that can help you book hotels, travel or events, both locally and overseas.
- No foreign transaction fee on overseas and online purchases. While most credit cards charge a fee of 2%-4% for transactions made in a foreign currency, the Bankwest More World MasterCard waives this cost.
Features of the Bankwest More World Mastercard
- Annual fee. The Bankwest More World MasterCard has an annual fee of $240.
- Interest rates. This card charges a standard variable purchase rate of 19.99% p.a. and a cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. Cardholders can take advantage of up to 44 days interest-free if you pay your account balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Cash advance fee. This card charges the greater of 2% or $4.00 per cash advance.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 3 additional cardholders at no extra cost. This allows you to share your account with a partner of family members to help earn more rewards. Note that you will still be responsible for keeping the account in good standing.
- Mobile banking. You can check your balance, set up alerts and get payment reminders through the Bankwest mobile banking app.
- Contactless payments. This card allows “tap-and-go” payments through the MasterCard contactless network and is also compatible with Android Pay mobile payments.
How to apply for the Bankwest More World MasterCard
Applying for the Bankwest More World MasterCard is simple and can be done online in minutes. Before you start, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all your supporting documents on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident with a valid address. You must be able to prove your residency in order to be eligible for this credit card.
- Personal details. You’ll need to provide personal details including your full name, residential address, email address and phone number.
- Identification. You’re required to provide at least two forms of identification, such as your driver's licence, Medicare details, passport or Australian Birth Certificate.
- Employment details. This includes your employer’s name and contact details, the length of employment and your salary.
- Financial details. This includes details of any other sources of income, assets, and regular expenses such as existing loans and household bills.
The Bankwest More World MasterCard is a high-end product that offers competitive rewards and benefits, with a standard annual fee of $240. As there are many other rewards cards in the market, make sure you compare a range of options before choosing a card that’s right for you.Back to top