The Bankwest More Platinum MasterCard offers cardholders with a range of benefits including 2 rewards points per $1 spent, complimentary credit card travel insurance and 24/7 concierge service.
Bankwest More Platinum MasterCard customers can earn reward points at an accelerated rate of 2 points per dollar spent. This card is ideal for overseas travellers who can take advantage of complimentary credit card travel insurance, no foreign transaction fees, fees on overseas ATM withdrawal and even free worldwide emergency card replacement. You can enjoy a credit limit starting at $6,000 and can take advantage of up to 44 interest-free days on purchases.
|Product Name||Bankwest More Platinum MasterCard|
|Rewards Program||Bankwest More Rewards Program|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||2.99% p.a. for 9 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Standard Balance Transfer Revert Rate (19.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$130 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $20|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement|
Credit rating requirement is provided only as a guide. Understanding your credit file helps you make more informed decisions in regards to your finances. Learn more about what this means here.
|Min Credit Limit||$6,000|
|Annual Fee||$130 p.a.|
|Minimum Repayment||2% or $20|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Over Limit Fee||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee||Greater of 2% or $4.00|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||Greater of 2% or $4.00|
|Overseas Emergency Replacement||$0|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)||0% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Gambling Transactions Interest Rate||Cash Advance Rate|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0 p.a.|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
|Internet Banking Transfers||Yes|
- Pay $0 foreign transaction fee.
- You can get 3 additional cardholders at no extra cost.
- This card offers 2.99% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 9 months.
- There has a relatively high annual fee of $130.
|Rewards Program||Bankwest More Rewards Program|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC)||2|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX)||0|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||400,000|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||N/A|
|Points Expiry||36 months|
Bankwest More Platinum MasterCard review
If you’re after a card with rewards and platinum perks, the Bankwest More Platinum MasterCard could be for you. The card offers customers a high earn rate on all purchases, though there is a points cap of 400,000 per year. Cardholders also receive peace of mind with insurance cover such as extended warranty, price guarantee and purchase cover. With zero overseas ATM withdrawal fees and 0% foreign currency conversion fee, this card could also be a good companion for jet setters.
Benefits of using a Bankwest More Platinum MasterCard
- Reward program. There is also the rewards program available through the MasterCard account. Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on your card and redeem the points for great rewards like hotel stays.
- Complimentary credit card insurances. Take advantage of complimentary credit card insurances including purchase security cover, purchase extended warranty, and credit card travel insurance.
- Balance transfer. When you first open your More Platinum MasterCard account you get a special introductory offer of 2.99% p.a. on balance transfers of $500 or more. This is only for non-Bankwest credit cards and is only for a 9-month period that begins on the date you open your account.
- Overseas travellers. Customers who are planning to travel overseas will find this card very useful. It has zero fees for overseas ATM withdrawals and zero foreign currency conversion fees. These low fees in addition with complimentary travel insurance can save cardholders hassle and extra funds.
- Complete Home Loan Package. Receive $0 annual fee on your Bankwest More Platinum MasterCard when you also have a variable, fixed or equity home loan and a $0 monthly Offset Transaction Account with Bankwest.
- Eligible for Android Pay. The Android Pay feature allows Bankwest cardholders to tap and go at the checkout with their Android device.
Features of the More Platinum MasterCard
- No foreign transaction fees. As a Platinum cardholder you’ll be eligible for special features that aren’t available on the other More credit cards. One of these special features is the waiving of foreign transaction fees. This means you can use your Platinum card worldwide without fear of hefty transaction fees that are tacked onto some credit cards.
- Interest-free days. With all of the More credit cards you can enjoy up to 44 days of interest-free purchases. This means that you can make purchases using your More Platinum MasterCard and not have to worry about paying interest rates on those specific purchases for a set period of time. In addition to this, these purchases will still earn you reward points.
- Special competitive introductory rates. When you sign up for this card you get a special introductory rate for 9 months in regards to balance transfers. Specifically, you can get a 2.99% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 9 months. The minimum balance transfer amount is $500 and it must come from a non-Bankwest credit card. It should be noted that this introductory period begins when you open your account, even if you don’t choose to do a balance transfer.
- Concierge services. This card offers customers platinum concierge services which can be used to make travel plans, book tickets for sports and entertainment events, get information about offers and much more.
How to apply for the More Platinum MasterCard
To apply for the Bankwest More Platinum MasterCard you’ll need to prepare all of the proper information and meet all of the eligibility requirements. Once you are sure that you have everything you need, you can go ahead and begin the application process.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must also be a permanent Australian resident with a valid address. You must be able to prove your residency in order to be eligible for this credit card.
- You’ll need proof of identification, including your driver’s licence number and proof of your address.
- You’ll also need to provide Bankwest with proof of income. This is usually in the form of tax papers or payslips. You may have to provide bank account information as well.
Bankwest More Platinum MasterCard has good features for domestic users and overseas travellers. A higher earn rate allows shoppers to amass points and redeem rewards quicker. However, as a number of platinum credit cards offer similar features, it’s best to compare your options before applying for a card.Back to top