The Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard was a low rate gold credit card that offered complimentary perks. It is no longer available for new customers.
Important InformationThe Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.You can compare the current range of Bankwest credit cards here.
Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard review
Gold accounts occupy a space between standard and platinum credit cards. They have some of the features of a platinum account with a slightly higher annual fee than a standard credit card product. And the Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard sits between the Bankwest Breeze Classic and Platinum credit cards. In addition to the low ongoing purchase rate, the account offers complimentary international travel insurance, but does not waive international transaction fees, like the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard.
Our Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard review will give you all the information you need to apply for the credit card, and examines the features of the product if you’re wondering whether this is the credit card for you.
Benefits of the Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard
- No annual fee in the first year. Receive $0 annual fee for the first year ($89 p.a. thereafter).
- Balance transfer offer. The Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard provides an introductory interest rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers. A variable purchase rate of 8.99% p.a. will apply after the introductory period ends.
- Low purchase rate. This card comes with a low ongoing purchase rate of 8.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. Pay this account off in full when your statement is issued, and you can you use the card for interest-free purchases during the month. Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases made on the account.
- Complimentary insurance. When you charge the cost of your return overseas travel ticket to your Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard, you and your family will automatically receive international travel and medical insurance. This insurance policy covers things like medical expenses, lost luggage and includes a personal liability benefit too. You can learn more on how to activate the travel insurance by clicking here.
- Purchase protection insurance. When you use the Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard to purchase personal items, the purchases you make on the card are automatically protected under complimentary purchase protection insurance. You can claim for loss, theft and damage to items purchased with the account up to a maximum benefit of $125,000 per year.
- Global emergency card replacement. Bankwest offer support if you’re thinking about taking your Breeze Gold Mastercard to foreign shores. If your Gold Mastercard is lost or stolen, Bankwest will send you a replacement — at no extra cost.
Features of the Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard offer
- Complimentary Insurance.The Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard offers complimentary insurances that provide cover for you and your family when you’re on an overseas holiday, and insurance aimed at protecting and extending cover for selected purchases you charge to the account.
- Free overseas replacement. Bankwest offer free worldwide credit card replacement if you lose your Bankwest Breeze Gold Mastercard while you’re overseas.
- Additional cardholders. Add up to 3 additional cardholders to the account for a fee of $0 each.
- Fraud protection. Shop online, overseas and at home with peace of mind knowing that your account is protected by Bankwest and Mastercard. The Mastercard Zero Liability Guarantee gives you a money back guarantee if you’re the victim of credit card fraud while using the Mastercard payment networks.
- PayPass technology. You get Mastercard cardholder benefits when you apply and get approved for the account. There’s no need to enter your PIN for purchases under $100 with Mastercard PayPass.