Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard
Save on credit card costs with a 0% purchase rate offer, no foreign transaction fees and complimentary overseas travel insurance.
The Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard combines the features and savings of a low rate credit card with platinum cardholder benefits. You can save on interest charges with 0% p.a. on purchases for the first 15 months, reverting to 10.99% p.a. thereafter. You also get access to platinum benefits such as complimentary overseas travel insurance and waived foreign transaction fees.
If you don’t qualify, or don't need the platinum benefits of the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard, you might still be interested in the Bankwest Breeze Classic Mastercard.
Balance transfer rate
for 9 months
for the first 15 months (reverts to 10.99% p.a.)
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate||2.99% p.a. for 9 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (10.99%)|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||0% for 15 months, reverts to 10.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Purchase rate offer of 0% p.a. for 15 months
- No foreign transaction fees on overseas purchases
- Access to complimentary overseas travel insurance
- Digital card issued upon approval
- Does not feature a rewards program
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$0|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to applyYou can apply for the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard online in around 15 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the required documents and details on hand.
- Minimum Income. You need to have a regular income of at least $35,000 per year.
- Eligible balance transfer. Balances cannot be transferred from existing Bankwest-branded credit cards. You can transfer from $500 up to 95% of your credit limit.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen to apply online.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number.
- Proof of identification. You'll be asked to provide copies of your passport, driver's licence or Medicare card to verify your identity.
- Employment details. This includes your position, the length of your employment and your employer's contact details.
- Financial information. This includes details of your income, expenses and any existing debts or assets.
- 0% purchase rate offer. If you're a new Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard customer, you'll receive an introductory purchase rate of 0% p.a. for the first 15 months. After the 15-month period, the interest rate reverts to the standard purchase rate of 10.99% p.a. While there is no specified date when this offer will end, it is only available for a limited time. So you will need to apply during the promotional period if you want to take advantage of this offer. You will also still need to meet the card's repayment requirements during the introductory period.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. The Bankwest Breeze Platinum card offers complimentary overseas travel insurance for up to 31 consecutive days through Cover-More. All you have to do to get the insurance is have the card open while you're travelling. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you'll be covered for overseas emergency medical & hospital expenses, baggage & personal goods, personal liability and accidental death with the option to upgrade for additional protection.
- No foreign transaction fees. The Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard offers 0% foreign transaction fees on overseas and online purchases made in a foreign currency.
- Free digital card. 24 hours after you've been approved, you can log into the Bankwest app to activate and start to use your card digitally before your physical card arrives in the mail.
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers 2.99% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 9 months with no balance transfer fee. After that, any remaining balance will attract interest at the standard balance transfer rate of 10.99% p.a. While there is no specified date when this offer will end, it is only available for a limited time.
- Purchase security insurance. This complimentary extra protects your eligible personal purchases against loss, theft and accidental damage for up to three months. The maximum amount you can claim in a year is $125,000.
- Extended warranty cover. Eligible purchases receive complimentary cover that doubles the Australian manufacturer's warranty for up to 12 months.
- Purchase price guarantee. With this complimentary extra, if you find a cheaper printed catalogue purchase price within 21 days you can claim the difference (minimum $75 claim).
- Technological Extras. This card can be linked to Apple Pay and Google Pay, available on compatible devices. You can also purchase a Bankwest Halo payment ring and use it to tap and go at any contactless payment terminal. Available in black or white, the ring costs $39, is secure, waterproof and doesn't require an app or charging.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard charges a standard annual fee of $69.
- Purchase rate. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a competitive 10.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases.
- Cash advances. If you make a cash advance or cash-equivalent transaction, you will be charged a cash advance fee of 2% or $4 (whichever is greater) of the transaction amount, and it will be charged interest at 21.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your previous statement balance in full (or if you have an easy instalment on which you are meeting the monthly amount), you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Additional cardholders. You can add up to 3 additional cardholders for an annual fee of $0.