Receive an introductory rate of 0% p.a. interest for 24 months on balance transfers. Plus, enjoy platinum perks and complimentary insurances.
The Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard combines the features of a low rate credit card with platinum cardholder benefits. For a limited time, new cardholders who apply and get approved for a Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard will receive a 0% p.a. introductory rate on balance transfers for 24 months (with a one-time 2% balance transfer fee). Plus, take advantage of platinum benefits such as complimentary international credit card travel insurance and no international transaction fees on online and overseas purchases.
If you don’t qualify for the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard, you might still be interested in the Bankwest Breeze Classic Mastercard.
|Product Name||Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 24 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Standard Balance Transfer Revert Rate (12.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||$20 or 2% of the closing balance, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- This card comes with an introductory rate of 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 24 months.
- Receive a low ongoing interest rate of 12.99% p.a. on purchases.
- Pay a low annual fee of $99.
- This card comes with platinum features and is only a fraction more expensive than its standard product.
- 0% foreign transaction fees make this card a cost-effective offer for making purchases in a foreign currency when travelling overseas or shopping with international merchants online.
- Pay $0 for a card replacement overseas.
- There is no rewards program linked to this platinum card.
- A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies.
Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard review
The Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard is designed to offer affordable access to credit as well as platinum features. It offers a long-term balance transfer, a low ongoing purchase rate, plus a number of platinum perks such as complimentary international credit card travel insurance.
Benefits of the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard
- Balance transfer offer. New customers who apply for a Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard can receive an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 24 months, with a one-time 2% balance transfer fee. After the promotional period ends, the interest rate reverts to the standard balance transfer rate of 12.99% p.a. Please note that the balance transfer must be requested at the time of application to take advantage of the promotional rate.
- Complimentary international credit card travel insurance. Benefit from complimentary international credit card travel insurance for you and your family when you pay at least $500 per person in prepaid travel expenses with your Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard. Cover is automatically provided for a period of up to 6 months, and starts from the date of departure on your return ticket.
- No foreign transaction fees. The Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard offers 0% foreign transaction fees on overseas and online purchases made in a foreign currency.
- Purchase security insurance. This complimentary extra protects your eligible personal purchases against loss, theft and accidental damage for up to three months. The maximum amount you can claim in a year is $125,000.
- Extended warranty cover. Eligible purchases receive complimentary cover that doubles the Australian manufacturer's warranty for up to 12 months.
- Purchase price guarantee. With this complimentary extra, if you find a cheaper printed catalogue purchase price within 21 days you can claim the difference (minimum $75 claim).
- Concierge service. Get access to your own personal assistant to help you book holidays, make restaurant reservations, get tickets to events and more.
- Eligible for Google Pay. The Google Pay feature allows Bankwest cardholders to tap and go at the checkout with their Android device.
Features of the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard
- Low ongoing purchase rate. This card comes with a competitive standard variable interest rate of 12.99% p.a. on purchases
- Annual fee. The Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard has a $99 annual fee.
- Interest-free days. You can benefit from up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your account in full by the due date on each statement.
- Cash advance fee. 2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater) is charged when you use the Bankwest Breeze Platinum for a cash advance transaction.
- Cash advance interest rate. This card has a standard variable cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a., which is applied from the time a cash advance transaction is made.
- Additional cardholders. Up to 3 supplementary cards can be issued for an annual fee of $0 each. Additional cardholders are subject to approval and must be at least 16 years of age.
- $0 overseas replacement. If you’re overseas and you lose your Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard or it’s stolen, Bankwest will arrange for a replacement card to be sent to you, wherever you are in the world – for $0.
- PayPass payment. Tap your card against a contactless terminal for purchases under $100. There’s no need to enter your PIN.
How to apply for the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard
You can apply for the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard online in around 15 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the required documents and details on hand.
- Age. You must be over the age of 18.
- Credit rating. You must have a good credit rating.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number.
- Identification. You'll need to provide details of two of the following forms of identification: passport, driver’s licence or Medicare card.
- Employment details. This includes your position, the length of your employment and your employer's contact details.
- Financial information. This includes details of your income, expenses and any existing debts or assets.
With a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers, complimentary insurance covers and 0% foreign transaction fees, the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard is worth considering if you're looking to save on credit card costs but also want premium benefits. As there is a wide range of cards available on the market, make sure you compare your options to find the card that will best suit your needs.Back to top