Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard
Save on credit card costs with no foreign transaction fees, complimentary overseas travel insurance and a $0 annual fee for the first year.
The Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard combines the features and savings of a low rate credit card with platinum cardholder benefits.
If you don’t qualify, or don't need the platinum benefits of the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard, you might still be interested in the Bankwest Breeze Classic Mastercard.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
for the first year ($99 p.a. thereafter)
Interest free period
|Product Name||Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard|
|Balance Transfer Rate||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (9.9%)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available balance|
|Purchase Rate||9.9% p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||55 days|
|Cash Advance Rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$6,000|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (Visa/Mastercard)||0%|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
- $0 first year annual fee
- 0% foreign transaction fees
- Offers complimentary overseas travel insurance
- Introductory rate of 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for 6 months
- There is no rewards program linked to this platinum card.
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (Visa/Mastercard)||0%|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
Sally McMullen is Finder's credit cards and frequent flyer editor by day and a music maven by night. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone.
How to applyYou can apply for the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard online in around 15 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the required documents and details on hand.
- Minimum Income. You need to have a regular income of at least $35,000 per year.
- Eligible balance transfer. Balances cannot be transferred from exisiting Bankwest-branded credit cards. You can transfer from $500 up to 95% of your credit limit.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen to apply online.
- Credit Rating. You must have a good credit rating.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number.
- Identification. You'll need to provide details of two of the following forms of identification: passport, driver's licence or Medicare card.
- Employment details. This includes your position, the length of your employment and your employer's contact details.
- Financial information. This includes details of your income, expenses and any existing debts or assets.
- $0 first year annual fee. Save $99 with a waived first year annual fee.
- Balance transfer offer. New Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard customers will receive an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% for the first 6 months with no balance transfer fee. After the promotional period ends, the interest rate reverts to the standard balance transfer rate of 9.9% p.a. Please note that the 6-month introductory period begins on the date the card is opened.
- Free digital card. 24 hours after you've been approved, you can log into the Bankwest app to activate and start to use your card digitally before your physical card arrives in the mail.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. Benefit from complimentary international credit card travel insurance for you and your family when you pay at least $500 per person in prepaid travel expenses with your Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard. Cover is automatically provided for a period of up to 6 months.
- No foreign transaction fees. The Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard offers 0% foreign transaction fees on overseas and online purchases made in a foreign currency.
- Purchase security insurance. This complimentary extra protects your eligible personal purchases against loss, theft and accidental damage for up to three months. The maximum amount you can claim in a year is $125,000.
- Extended warranty cover. Eligible purchases receive complimentary cover that doubles the Australian manufacturer's warranty for up to 12 months.
- Purchase price guarantee. With this complimentary extra, if you find a cheaper printed catalogue purchase price within 21 days you can claim the difference (minimum $75 claim).
- Technological Extras. This card can be linked to Apple Pay and Google Pay, available on compatible devices. You can also purchase a Bankwest Halo payment ring and use it to tap and go at any contactless payment terminal. Available in black or white, the ring costs $39, is secure, waterproof and doesn't require an app or charging.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard charges a $99 annual fee.
- Interest rate. This card charges a 9.9% p.a. interest rate on purchases.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your previous statement balance in full (or if you have an easy instalment on which you are meeting the monthly amount) and are not carrying a balance transfer debt, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Cash advances. If you make a cash advance or cash-equivalent transaction, you will be charged a cash advance fee of 2% or $4 (whichever is greater) of the transaction amount, and it will be charged interest at 21.99% p.a.
- Additional cardholders. You can add up to 3 additional cardholders for an annual fee of $0.