Enjoy a 0% p.a. interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for 13 months with the Bankwest Breeze Mastercard.
The Bankwest Breeze Mastercard is designed to offer convenience and flexibility when paying with plastic. After the 13-month promotional period expires, interest will revert to the low standard variable purchase and balance transfer rate of 12.99% p.a. This card also offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement and free worldwide emergency card replacement.
|Product Name||Bankwest Breeze Classic Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 13 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Standard Balance Transfer Revert Rate (12.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 13 months (reverts to 12.99% p.a.)|
|Annual fee||$79 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|2.95% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$79 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- Enjoy 0% p.a. on purchases and balance transfers for up to 13 months.
- This card offers a low ongoing rate of 12.99% p.a. on purchases.
- You're allowed up to 3 additional cardholders at no extra charge.
- A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies.
Bankwest Breeze Mastercard review
The Breeze Mastercard is a low rate credit card that features a standard variable purchase and balance transfer rate of 12.99% p.a., a low minimum credit limit of $1,000 and a competitive standard annual fee of $79.
As a Mastercard product, you can use the Bankwest Breeze at millions of locations around the world and online, anywhere Mastercard is accepted. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may upgrade to the Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard and take advantage of premium benefits including complimentary international credit card travel insurance, 0% foreign transaction fees and a concierge service.
Benefits of the Bankwest Breeze Mastercard
- Introductory purchase rate. Get approved for a Bankwest Breeze Classic Mastercard and you’ll pay 0% p.a. interest on purchases for the first 13 months. Any remaining balance attracts the standard variable purchase rate of 12.99% p.a. thereafter.
- Balance transfer offer. Offered to new Bankwest Breeze Mastercard customers, an introductory rate of 0% p.a. for 13 months on balance transfers, with a one-time 2% balance transfer fee. After the introductory period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance will revert to the standard balance transfer rate of 12.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. You can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases, if you pay the balance in full by the due date on each statement. Interest-free days do not apply while you carry a balance transfer.
- Free worldwide emergency replacement. If your card is lost or stolen, Bankwest can arrange an emergency replacement at no additional cost.
- Low minimum credit limit. If you're looking to keep your spending contained, the Breeze comes with a low minimum credit limit of $1,000.
- Eligible for Google Pay. The Google Pay feature allows Bankwest cardholders to tap and go at the checkout with their Android device.
Features of the Bankwest Breeze Mastercard
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $79.
- Cash advance fee. 2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater) is charged if you use your card for a cash advance transaction, such as withdrawing money from an ATM.
- Cash advance interest rate. This card charges a standard variable cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a. that's applied from the time a cash advance transaction is made.
- Get a supplementary card for a family member. You can request up to 3 additional cardholders for $0 each. Note that supplementary cardholder applications are subject to approval. The primary cardholder will still be responsible for keeping the account in good standing.
- PayPass technology. This is a Mastercard credit card enabled with contactless technology. You can tap your Bankwest Breeze Mastercard against a contactless terminal for purchases under $100 with no need to enter your pin.
How to apply for the Bankwest Breeze Mastercard
You can apply for the Bankwest Breeze Mastercard online in around 15 minutes by clicking the "Go to site" button. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all your supporting documentation on hand to speed up the application process.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Credit rating. You must have a good credit rating
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number.
- Identification. You'll need to provide details of two of the following forms of identification: passport, driver’s licence or Medicare card.
- Employment details. This includes your role, the length of your employment and your employer's contact details.
- Financial information. This includes details of your income, expenses and any existing debts or assets.
After you have completed your application, you'll get a response from Bankwest within a few minutes. If you're approved, you may then be asked to verify your ID and provide supporting documents to Bankwest, which can be done in-store by having the necessary documents sighted and verified and sent across by a branch representative. After that, your application can be completed and you'll receive your new card.
The low ongoing purchase and balance transfer rate of 12.99% p.a. (variable) and the introductory offers make the Bankwest Breeze Mastercard an affordable low rate option. As there are many low rate and balance transfer cards available, make sure you compare a range of options so that you can find the right card for you.Back to top