Bankwest Breeze Classic Mastercard
Save money with a 0% interest rate on purchases for 15 months.
The Bankwest Breeze Classic Mastercard offers an introductory rate of 0% p.a. for the first 15 months and up to 55 interest-free days on new purchases.
You can also repay your existing card debt with a 2.99% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 9 months (with no balance transfer fee). At the end of the promotional period, any remaining balance will revert to the standard interest rate of 10.99% p.a.
Balance transfer rate
for 9 months
for the first 15 months (reverts to 10.99% p.a.)
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||Bankwest Breeze Classic Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate||2.99% p.a. for 9 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (10.99%)|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||0% for 15 months, reverts to 10.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.95%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- 0% p.a on purchases for 15 months
- 2.99% p.a. on balance transfers for 9 months with 0% BT fee
- Digital card issued upon approval
- Charges a 2.95% foreign transaction fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.95%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$4|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to apply
You can apply for the Bankwest Breeze Mastercard online and complete the application in around 15 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all your supporting documentation on hand to speed up the process.
- Residency. This card is only available to permanent Australian residents or citizens.
- Eligible balance transfer. Balances cannot be transferred from existing Bankwest-branded credit cards. You can transfer from $500 up to 95% of your credit limit.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number.
- Proof of identification. You'll be asked to provide copies of your passport, driver’s licence or Medicare card to verify your identity.
- Employment details. This includes your role, the length of your employment and your employer's contact details.
- Financial information. This includes details of your income, expenses and any existing debts or assets.
- 0% purchase rate offer. If you're a new Bankwest Breeze Classic Mastercard customer, you can take advantage of an introductory purchase rate of 0% p.a. for the first 15 months. After the introductory period, the interest rate reverts to the standard purchase rate of 10.99% p.a. While there is no specified date when this offer will end, it is only available for a limited time. So you will need to apply during the promotional period if you want to take advantage of the 0% p.a. introductory interest rate. You will also still need to meet the card's repayment requirements during the introductory period.
- Purchase security insurance. This complimentary extra protects your eligible personal purchases against loss, theft and accidental damage for up to three months. The maximum amount you can claim in a year is $125,000.
- Extended warranty cover. Eligible purchases receive complimentary cover that doubles the Australian manufacturer's warranty for up to 12 months.
- Purchase price guarantee. With this complimentary extra, if you find a cheaper printed catalogue purchase price within 21 days you can claim the difference (minimum $75 claim).
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers 2.99% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 9 months with no balance transfer fee. After that, any remaining balance will attract interest at the standard balance transfer rate of 10.99% p.a. While there is no specified date when this offer will end, it is only available for a limited time.
- Free digital card. 24 hours after you've been approved, you can log into the Bankwest app to activate and start to use your card digitally before your physical card arrives in the mail. This means you can use your card to shop online or in-store with Google Pay.
- Low minimum credit limit. If you're looking to keep your spending contained, the Breeze comes with a low minimum credit limit of $1,000.
- Mobile wallet and contactless payments. This card can be linked to Apple Pay and Google Pay, available on compatible devices. You can also purchase a Bankwest Halo payment ring and use it to tap and go at any contactless payment terminal. Available in black or white, the ring costs $39, is secure, waterproof and doesn't require an app or charging.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $49.
- Purchase rate. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a low ongoing purchase rate of 10.99% p.a.
- Cash advance interest rate. This card charges a standard cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a. which is applied from the time the transaction is made.
- Cash advance fee. If you use your card for a cash advance transaction (such as an ATM withdrawal), you'll be charged 2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater).
- Interest-free days. You can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date (or if you have an easy instalment on which you are meeting the monthly amount).
- Supplementary cards. You can request up to 3 additional cardholders for $0 each. Supplementary cardholder applications are subject to approval and the primary cardholder will still be responsible for keeping the account in good standing.