BankSA Vertigo Platinum – Cashback Offer
Enjoy a $300 cashback offer, a competitive annual fee and platinum benefits with a new BankSA Vertigo Platinum.
Apply for the BankSA Vertigo Platinum by 30 June 2021 and spend $900 on eligible purchases in the first 90 days and you’ll get $300 cashback on your account.
Balance transfer rate
for 12 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||BankSA Vertigo Platinum - Cashback Offer|
|Balance transfer rate||6.99% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||12.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- $300 cashback offer
- Low purchase rate of 12.99% p.a.
- Complimentary insurance covers including overseas travel and extended warranty for purchases
- Does not offer any rewards program for your spending
- Charges a 3% foreign currency conversion fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The BankSA Vertigo Platinum Card’s introductory offer gives you a way to get more value from your spending, with $300 cashback on your new credit card. Even after you subtract the $99 annual fee from this amount, you’ll end up with $201 value from this offer. This card also has one of the lower interest rates on the market for a platinum card and offers up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases.
In addition to the money-saving features, you'll also be covered with travel insurance, purchase insurance, extended warranty and price guarantee scheme.
For customers who like the sound of a card with a low purchase rate but would like a card with fewer extra features, you could consider BankSA Vertigo card as well.
How to applyYou can apply for the BankSA Vertigo Platinum card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Residency. In order to apply online, you must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Credit history. You must also have a good credit history and credit score.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Balance transfer. If there is a balance transfer rate available and you plan to transfer a debt, St.George allows you to transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to three Australian-issued cards not from BankSA, St.George or Bank of Melbourne.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact details, residential address, marital status and any financial dependents.
- Identification. Such as your Australian drivers licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Income and employment. You'll be asked to confirm your annual income and your current place of employment. You may be asked to provide your employer's contact details as well.
- Finances. This includes any assets including investments or savings as well as liabilities such as existing debts or loans.
- Balance transfer details. If there is a balance transfer rate available and you plan to transfer a debt(s), you'll be asked to list how much debt you're applying to transfer as well as details regarding the account(s) you're moving it from.
- $300 cashback. You'll get $300 back to your new BankSA Vertigo Platinum card when you apply by 30 June 2021, are approved and spend $900 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days from card approval. Eligible spending covers most everyday purchases. Transactions that won't count towards this spend requirement include BPAY payments, cash advance transactions, a purchase from or payment to a government or government related agency, balance transfers and account fees and charges. The $300 will be added as a statement credit on your Vertigo Platinum account within 60 days of meeting the offer requirements.
- Overseas travel insurance. You can travel with peace of mind thanks to complimentary travel insurance that covers medical expenses, unexpected cancellation and rental vehicle excess. The policy covers you, your spouse and any dependent children travelling with you for up to 6 months of travel so long as you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Purchase cover insurance. Purchase cover insurance is designed to provide 4 months protection against the theft, loss or damage of selected new purchases.
- Extended warranty insurance. Use this complimentary policy to extend the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty by up to 12 months.
- Price guarantee cover. If you buy an item but then find it being sold cheaper within 21 days of purchase, this cover will ensure that you are refunded the difference in price. The price difference must be greater than $75 and you can claim up to $300 back.
- Balance transfer offer. Save on interest costs when paying off existing debt with 6.99% p.a. balance transfer offer for up to 12 months with no balance transfer fee. Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate.
- Mobile payment technology. You can make easy tap and go payments straight from your compatible Android, Apple or Samsung device by adding this card to your Samsung Pay, Apple Pay or Google Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The BankSA Vertigo Platinum charges a standard annual fee of $99.
- Interest rates. This card charges a 12.99% p.a. variable purchase rate and a 21.49% p.a. variable cash advance rate.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Minimum limit. The minimum credit limit available on the Vertigo Platinum is $6,000.
- Additional cardholder. You can add up to 3 additional cardholders to your Vertigo Platinum account at no extra cost.