An introductory balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 24 months and a competitive annual fee make the BankSA Vertigo Platinum a credit card worth considering.
The Vertigo Platinum is BankSA’s high-end rewards credit card offering. It offers a range of attractive features to potential customers, but perhaps its most alluring feature is a competitive introductory balance transfer offer. Customers who apply for a BankSA Vertigo Platinum until 26 September 2018 are eligible for a 0% p.a. for 24 months balance transfer offer with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee.
For customers who like the sound of the balance transfer offer but would like a card with fewer rewards, the BankSA Vertigo Visa is also worth considering.
|Product Name||BankSA Vertigo Platinum|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (19.49% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.74% p.a.|
|Offer end date||26 September 2018|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- This card features a balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 24 months, requested at card application.
- Enjoy up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- A variable cash advance rate of 19.49% p.a. applies after the balance transfer period.
- There is a one-time 1% balance transfer fee.
BankSA Vertigo Platinum Credit Card review
This rewards credit card offers a range of benefits to customers. These include a wide range of complimentary insurance policies (listed below), 24/7 Visa Platinum Concierge Service, and the ability to add an additional cardholder at no extra cost. Customers can enjoy 55 days interest-free if their balance is paid by the due date, while contactless technology means purchases of less than $100 can be completed quickly and easily.
This card specifies a minimum credit limit of $6,000 and charges an annual fee of $99. The BankSA Vertigo Platinum also features a 12.74% p.a. variable purchase rate and a 19.49% p.a. variable cash advance rate.
Benefits of using a BankSA Vertigo Platinum
- Balance transfer offer. New customers who apply by 26 September 2018 can pay down their debt with lower interest with a 0% p.a. for 24 months balance transfer offer. You will be charged a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. After the promotional period, any balances remaining will be charged at the variable cash advance rate.
- Purchase cover insurance. Purchase cover insurance is designed to provide 3 months’ protection against the theft, loss or damage of selected new purchases.
- Extended warranty insurance. Use this complimentary policy to extend the manufacturer’s expressed Australian warranty by 12 months.
- Price guarantee cover. If you buy an item but then find it being sold cheaper within 21 days of purchase, this cover will ensure that you are refunded the difference in price.
- Overseas travel insurance. This policy provides up to 6 months of cover for any overseas travel, providing essential protection against a range of common travel risks.
Features of the BankSA Vertigo Platinum
- Annual fee. The BankSA Vertigo Platinum credit card attracts an annual fee of $99.
- Interest rates. The Vertigo Platinum comes with a 12.74% p.a. variable purchase rate and a 19.49% p.a. variable cash advance rate.
- Up to 55 days interest-free. Cardholders receive 55 days interest-free on purchases from the start of their statement cycle.
- Minimum limit. The minimum credit limit on the Vertigo Platinum is $6,000.
- 24/7 Visa Platinum Concierge. The Concierge Service gives cardholders access to their own personal assistant, offering travel, entertainment and lifestyle services no matter where you are in the world.
- Contactless technology. If you’re making a purchase of less than $100, the BankSA Vertigo Platinum has Visa Paywave technology to help you get your shopping done fast.
- Additional cardholder. You can add an additional cardholder to your Vertigo Platinum account for free.
How to apply for the BankSA Vertigo Platinum
Once you’ve done your research and confirmed that the Vertigo Platinum is the right card for you, complete an online application to begin the application process. You’ll need to be an Australian resident, over the age of 18 and have a good credit rating in order for your application to be successful.
You should meet the following to be able to apply for a BankSA Vertigo Platinum Credit Card:
- 18 years of age or older
- You should be an Australian permanent resident
You’ll also need to supply some personal information and other documentation as part of your application. This includes:
- Your driver’s licence
- Your employer’s contact details
- Details of your income, assets and liabilities
BankSA’s Vertigo Platinum offers plenty of attractive features to entice customers. However, it’s important that you weigh up the pros and cons of a range of cards before making your final decision on which one is right for you.Back to top