BankSA Vertigo Platinum
Enjoy platinum benefits and up to 55 interest-free days with the BankSA Vertigo Platinum.
The Vertigo Platinum is BankSA’s premium low rate credit card, boasting a low 12.99% p.a. purchase interest rate and platinum perks, including complimentary travel and purchase insurance.
Balance transfer rate
for 12 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||BankSA Vertigo Platinum|
|Balance transfer rate||6.99% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||12.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- Low interest rate of 12.99% p.a. for purchases
- Complimentary insurance covers including overseas travel and extended warranty for purchases
- Does not offer any rewards program for your spending
- Charges a 3% foreign currency conversion fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
In addition to the money-saving features, you'll also be covered with travel insurance, purchase insurance, extended warranty and price guarantee scheme.
How to apply
You can apply for the BankSA Vertigo Platinum card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Residency. In order to apply online, you must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Credit history. You must also have a good credit history and credit score.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Balance transfer. If there is a balance transfer rate available and you plan to transfer a debt, St.George allows you to transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to three Australian-issued cards not from BankSA, St.George or Bank of Melbourne.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact details, residential address, marital status and any financial dependents.
- Identification. Such as your Australian drivers licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Income and employment. You'll be asked to confirm your annual income and your current place of employment. You may be asked to provide your employer's contact details as well.
- Finances. This includes any assets including investments or savings as well as liabilities such as existing debts or loans.
- Balance transfer details. If there is a balance transfer rate available and you plan to transfer a debt(s), you'll be asked to list how much debt you're applying to transfer as well as details regarding the account(s) you're moving it from.
- Overseas travel insurance. You can travel with peace of mind thanks to complimentary travel insurance that covers medical expenses, unexpected cancellation and rental vehicle excess. The policy covers you, your spouse and any dependent children travelling with you for up to 6 months of travel so long as you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Purchase cover insurance. Purchase cover insurance is designed to provide 4 months protection against the theft, loss or damage of selected new purchases.
- Extended warranty insurance. Use this complimentary policy to extend the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty by up to 12 months.
- Price guarantee cover. If you buy an item but then find it being sold cheaper within 21 days of purchase, this cover will ensure that you are refunded the difference in price. The price difference must be greater than $75 and you can claim up to $300 back.
- Balance transfer offer. Save on interest costs when paying off existing debt with 6.99% p.a. balance transfer offer for up to 12 months with no balance transfer fee. Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate.
- Mobile payment technology. You can make easy tap and go payments straight from your compatible Android, Apple or Samsung device by adding this card to your Samsung Pay, Apple Pay or Google Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The BankSA Vertigo Platinum charges an annual fee of $99 p.a.
- Interest rates. This card charges a 12.99% p.a. variable purchase rate and a 21.49% p.a. variable cash advance rate.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Minimum limit. The minimum credit limit available on the Vertigo Platinum is $6,000.
- Additional cardholder. You can add up to 3 additional cardholders to your Vertigo Platinum account no extra cost.