The Bank of South Australia (BankSA) Sense is an everyday transaction account combined with a Sense savings account where you can earn a competitive rate on your savings. By depositing at least $2,000 monthly you are free of any fees and can increase your savings with an inflated interest rate.
You can choose to have your Sense Everyday transaction account linked with your Sense savings account. You can have both of the statements combined into one.
What are the features of the BankSA Sense Everyday Account?
When you compare the Sense account to other transaction accounts offered by various financial institutions you are going to want to check the following features:
- Interest rate. On the Sense savings account, your money will be earning a competitive 1.25% per annum (p.a.) interest rate.
- Monthly account service fees. So long as you are able to deposit $2,000 by the last business day of each month, account service fees will be waived. If you are unable to make the deposit amount you will be charged a $5 fee for the month.
- Visa debit card. Your transaction account is linked to Visa debit card, allowing you to make purchases straight from your account wherever Visa is accepted, yet without incurring any interest charges.
- Everyday account transaction charges. You have unlimited use of the following transaction methods free of charge: Internet banking, phone banking, purchases with your Visa debit card, withdrawals using your Visa debit card at BankSA, St.George Bank, Bank of Melbourne and Westpac Bank ATMs in Australia, Eftpos, electronic agency, teller assisted transactions inside of a branch, Bank@Post, direct debit and collection items.
- Overseas withdrawals at an ATM. You will be charged $5 for transactions overseas. There could also be additional charges from the issuing bank which you will be advised of at the time of withdrawal.
- Currency conversion. You are going to be charged 3% of the Australian dollar amount for any transaction that requires a conversion of currency.
- Spending tracking. Your statement is divided into ten predetermined categories that allow you to see where most of your money is being spent.
- Rounding. When you use your Visa debit card, Freedom Card or BPAY to make a purchase, the amount is automatically rounded up, with the balance being automatically transferred into your Sense savings account.
- Cheque banking. You will not be able to use cheques with the BankSA everyday account.
- Opening deposit. You will need a minimum of $1 to open the Sense everyday account.
- No service fee if minimum of $2,000 is deposited every month.
- Overseas cash withdrawals may incur a fee including ATM withdrawals.
- There is an additional foreign currency conversion fee.
How do you apply for the BankSA Sense Everyday Account?
If you like the ease of having both your banking needs combined, then you can click ‘go to site’ to begin filling out your application.
Before you begin, check that you are able to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Your age. Only individuals who are 14 years of age or above are able to apply for the BankSA Sense accounts.
- Your residency. Only permanent residents or Australian citizens will be considered for this account by BankSA.
- Your first deposit. In order to open the transaction account, you will need to deposit at least $1.
If you meet these conditions, then gather the following documentation in order to facilitate filling in your online application:
- Identifying documents. In order to apply for a BankSA transaction and savings account you will need to provide proof of identity. This can be done using a valid driver’s licence or passport. If you are new to BankSA you may need to visit a local branch in order to complete the identification verification.
- Account number. If you do have an account or mortgage product with BankSA, have that account number available. Keep in mind that you cannot use another transaction or savings account in place of a Sense account to receive the same features and benefits.
- Personal information. You will have to provide your full name, date of birth and physical Australian address in order to complete the application.
You should be able to complete the application in five minutes or less. Once you have submitted it to BankSA expect it to take two business days for the accounts to be opened.