BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED
Load and spend money in up to five different currencies at a time and enjoy no ATM withdrawal fees via Global ATM Alliance partners.
The BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED is a prepaid Visa travel card that offers 11 different supported currencies, including Australian dollars, US dollars, Great British pounds and Euros. With this card, you can carry balances for up to five supported currencies at a time, giving you a way to avoid foreign transaction fees and lock in exchange rates before you go overseas. You can also avoid ATM fees around the world when you get cash out at a Global ATM Alliance partner machine.
Initial Load Fee
|Multiple Currencies on One Card?||Yes|
|Number of Cards Issued||2|
|Minimum Load Amount||$100|
|Maximum Load Amount||$50,000|
|Maximum Load Amount (Annual)||$100,000|
|24 Hour ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||$2,000|
|24 Hour Purchase (POS) Transaction Limit||$10,000|
ImportantAs of December 2020, this product is only available to existing customers. It is no longer available to new customers.
What currencies can I load on the BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED?
This card supports the following 11 currencies:
- Australian dollars (AUD)
- US dollars (USD)
- Hong Kong dollars (HKD)
- Canadian dollars (CAD)
- Euros (EUR)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Great British pounds (GBP)
- New Zealand dollars (NZD)
- South African rand (ZAR)
- Thai baht (THB)
- Singapore dollars (SGD)
Switching between currencies
The BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED will automatically use the currency in which a transaction is made, as long as that currency is loaded onto the card. This is the case even if you have balances in up to five of the supported currencies.
If the currency used for the transaction is not loaded on the card (or not supported by the card), the first available currency will be used. This is based on your card's currency order, which you can change via Internet or mobile banking.
Features of the BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED
The features and benefits of the BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED include:
- Instant loading via BankSA. If you load money from your BankSA account using Internet or mobile banking, the funds will be added to your BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED straight away. Note that transfers made from other bank accounts or via BPAY may take several days to process.
- Locked-in exchange rates. By converting your Australian dollar balance on this card into another supported, you'll know exactly how much you have available when you go overseas or shop online with an international retailer. This means you can avoid currency fluctuations.
- Additional card. The BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED comes with one complimentary additional card you can use if anything happens to the main one.
- Smartphone app. Manage your card anywhere and at any time with the BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED app.
- Global ATM alliance. Enjoy $0 ATM withdrawal fees at over 50,000 ATMs around the world with Global ATM Alliance partners.
- Visa Zero Liability. This card offers you protection against fraudulent transactions and unauthorised purchases made on your account through Visa's Zero Liability Policy.
Rates and fees of the BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED
While the BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED does not charge an issue fee, reload fee or card replacement fee, the following fees apply in certain situations.
|Fee||Cost||When it's charged|
|Foreign exchange fee||When you use the card for a transaction in a currency that the card does not support.|
|ATM transaction fees||When you make an ATM withdrawal in Australia or anywhere worldwide.|
|ATM balance inquiry fees||When you make a balance inquiry in Australia or globally.|
|Emergency cash transfer fees||When you request an emergency cash transfer, such as when your card has been lost, damaged or stolen.|
Account and transaction limits
- Account balance. You can have up to AUD$50,000 (or equivalent) on the card at any time.
- Daily load or reload. You can load a maximum of AUD$25,000 (or equivalent) per day. If you load funds in a branch or via bank transfer, the maximum load amount is AUD$25,000 per transaction. For BPAY reloads, the maximum is AUD$6,000 per transaction.
- Maximum balance per year. The amount you have loaded on your card cannot exceed a cumulative total of AUD$100,000 or equivalent during any calendar year.
- ATM and transaction limits. You can withdraw a maximum of AUD$2,000 or equivalent per day. Your total ATM withdrawals, in-store or online purchases cannot exceed AUD$10,000 or equivalent per day. Merchants or ATM operators may impose additional limits.
How to apply for the BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED
The BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED is only available to existing BankSA customers. So if you already have a BankSA account, you can apply through your Internet or mobile bank account. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements:
- Account requirements. You must be an existing BankSA customer with online or mobile banking access. If you don't have online banking, you can set it up online via the BankSA website or call the bank on 13 22 66.
- Minimum age. You must be at least 16 years old to get a BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED.
- Address details. You need to have an Australian residential address to apply for this card.
- Identification. You may also need to provide proof of identification for verification purposes.
If approved, your card should be delivered in three to five business days, although it could take longer if you're in a rural area.
The BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED is easy to use and offers a convenient travel money option for the savvy globetrotter. As always though, make sure to compare your options before deciding on a travel money card to find a card that best suits your needs.
FAQs about the BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED
Check out these answers to some of the most common questions about the BankSA Global Currency Card - DISCONTINUED. You can also ask us a question using the comment box below.