We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
This home loan comes with competitive interest rates and no monthly fees.
With the Basic Home Loan from BankSA you can enjoy a discount on your variable rate and some simple features designed to help you pay your loan off quicker.
Refinance cashback offer
Eligible customers switching to BankSA can get a $4,000 cashback. This offer consists of one $2,000 cashback plus a bonus $2,000 cashback.
The offer is available for borrowers refinancing an owner occupier loan with principal and interest repayments or an investment loan. The offer is available on the Basic Home Loan and the Advantage Package Home Loan.
You must be refinancing a minimum loan amount of $200,000 per property. There is a limit of one cashback available per property refinanced. The cashback excludes anyone refinancing from within the Westpac group (Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and RAMS).
You must apply by 31 January 2021 and settle the loan by 31 March 2021. Other conditions apply.
|Product Name||BankSA Basic Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$30,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||N/A|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||90%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||No|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Application Fee||$500 (waived for loans above $150,000)|
|Valuation Fee||From $164|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- No monthly account keeping fee
- Available for owner occupiers and investors
- There is a $350 discharge fee
Things to consider about this loan
This loan can be used by owner occupiers or investors buying a property or vacant land. The most competitive rate is for home buyers only. You can borrow up to 90 or 95% of your property's value depending on your situation.
Features of the BankSA Basic Home Loan
There are a few features which you should be mindful when comparing the Basic Home Loan from BankSA.
- Loan amounts. The minimum loan amount is $30,000.
- Loan term. Up to 30 years available for principal and interest repayments, or 15 years for interest based repayments.
- Redraw. Borrowers can access any extra payments they have made and save on withdrawal fees by making the request over the phone or online. There is a $50 fee for redraw via a branch.
- Family Pledge. This can help reduce or completely avoid having to pay Lender’s Mortgage Insurance (LMI); if a guarantor agrees to take responsibility for part of your home loan by using his/her home’s equity to add security to your loan agreement.
- Repayment Pause. Lower or halt repayments for 3-12 months if/when you have a legitimate period of time away from work, such as maternity leave
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Establishment fee. This loan has an establishment fee of $500 (waived for loans above $150,000) which covers the set up costs of this loan. It is currently waived when you borrow over $150,000.
- Discharge fee. From $350. This is charged when you exit the loan.
- Settlement fee: $100. This one-off fee covers the costs of setting up your loan account.
- Redraw fee: $50 when redrawing in a BankSA branch.
How do I apply for this loan?
If you think that the BankSA Basic Home Loan could work for you, click the green button to get in touch with a lending specialist from the bank. Make sure you have the following information on hand:
- Employment details including addresses and phone numbers
- Income details including assets
- Details of any other loans (personal or home), credit card debts or store cards