Pay an introductory rate on purchases, 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 6 months, and earn cash rewards that don’t expire.
No longer offered in the market
The Bank of Sydney Platinum Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
The Bank of Sydney Platinum Credit Card lets you earn cash rewards for the purchases you make. You'll be able to enjoy a low introductory rate on purchases as well as 0% p.a. interest balance transfers for the first 6 months. Travel accident insurance provides cover to you and your family members.
Bank of Sydney Platinum Credit Card review
While a number of credit cards that offer rewards have limitations when it comes to redeeming reward points, this is definitely not the case with the cash rewards that this platinum card offers. A 0% p.a. balance transfer rate allows you to transfer balances from other cards and you'll also have access to complimentary travel insurance that offers cover in different situations. Up to 55 interest-free days are there for the taking as well.
Benefits of the Bank of Sydney Platinum Credit Card
- Balance transfer offer. This card charges a 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers, and this rate stays in effect for 6 months from the card’s approval date.
- Interest rate offer. A low purchase rate of 6.99% p.a. applies for the first 6 months. At the end of this period the rate changes to a standard 18.49% p.a. purchase rate.
- Cash rewards. Every $1,000 you spend on eligible purchases earns you 0.008 in cash rewards. As long as your account is in good standing, your rewards won’t expire.
- Complimentary insurance. When you use your Bank of Sydney Platinum card to book travel tickets, you and your immediate family members receive complimentary travel accident insurance, with cover of up to $500,000 available.
- Platinum concierge service Use this round-the-clock global service to book tickets for events, make travel plans, locate restaurants, send gifts, translate business documents and more.
Features of the Bank of Sydney Platinum Credit Card
- Annual fee. The Bank of Sydney Platinum Credit Card attracts an annual fee of $129.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit of this card is $6,000.
- Balance transfer offer. If you use this card for balance transfers, you get to keep paying 0% p.a. interest on the transferred balance for the first 6 months.
- Introductory interest rate. For the first 6 months, this card charges a low introductory purchase rate of 6.99% p.a.
- Rewards. You earn cash rewards in accordance to your spending on eligible purchases, and your cash rewards credit automatically to a linked Bank of Sydney savings account.
- Interest-free days. If you pay the account’s outstanding balance in full before each due date you can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Complimentary insurance. Use this card to book travel tickets and you'll get complimentary travel accident insurance.
- Additional cards. You can get an additional card for anyone over 18 years of age linked to your Bank of Sydney Platinum card, and you don’t have to pay any additional card fee.
- Visa benefits. This payWave enabled card gives you the ability you to make contactless payments for purchases under $100, while Verified by Visa provides additional security in the online world.