Bank of Queensland’s Save to Win Account provided an eligible account holder a way to enter a monthly draw for cash prizes, while your savings balance earns a nominal interest rate. This promotional account was not continued beyond 31 October, 2012. The last drawing was held on 12 October 2012, with the winners having received their cash prizes deposited into their accounts.
Bank of Queensland Save to Win Account is no longer available for new applications. The information provided and bank account cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare other savings accounts, please go through our comparison page.
What are the features of the Bank of Queensland Save to Win Account?
Although no longer offered by the Bank of Queensland, the Save to Win savings account had features other than the possibility of a cash prize that made it an appealing offer:
- Account keeping fees. No monthly charges were made to this account.
- Interest rates. The variable rate that was offered with this account was nominal, and applied to balances of $1 or more.
- Interest calculation. For those who still hold this account, interest is calculated daily and paid into the account each month.
- Transactions. Account holders could make an unlimited number of deposits each month with no fee, but only two withdrawals. If you made withdrawals in excess of two, you were charged a fee.
- Accessibility. This was an at-call account giving you full access to your money.
- Promotion. A monthly drawing of account holders was held, with the grand prize winner receiving $20,000. A range of smaller cash prizes were also handed out during each drawing.
- No account service fee per month.
- Unlimited free deposits.
- 2 Free withdrawals per month.
How do I apply for the Bank of Queensland Save to Win Account?
The Save to Win Account and promotion are no longer available, but Bank of Queensland has a number of other savings accounts worth looking into. This includes an online savings account and the Bonus Interest Savings Account which gives you extra incentive to save by offering higher rates when you only make one withdrawal a month.