Bank Of Queensland Fixed Rate Home Loan
Take advantage of a flexible fixed rate home loan with the BOQ Fixed Rate Home Loan
Bank of Queensland's Fixed Rate Home Loan has something for almost every borrower, with rates for investors and home buyers, plus interest only options. Choose a short term fixed rate of just one year, and be afforded the additional benefit of an offset account to help pay off your interest quicker.
Richard Whitten is a senior writer at Finder, and has been covering home loans and the property market in Australia for the last 4 years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely, as well as multiple banks and lenders. Richard has a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, a Bachelor of Education from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Certificate in Communication. He enjoys helping people understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea.
Bank of Queensland's Fixed Rate Home Loan has options for home buyers and investors. Once the fixed rate period ends, the home loan interest reverts to the variable rate.
Some rates are heavily discounted. Some one year terms come with an offset account.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the BOQ Fixed Rate Home Loan?
- Loan-to-Value Ratio (LVR). Depending on the rate type, you can borrow up to 95% of the value of the property for investment purposes or as an owner-occupier. You may be required to pay Lender's Mortgage Insurance (LMI) if your loan is more than 80% of the property's value.
- Loan terms. This is a 30-year home loan, although the fixed terms you can choose from range from one to five years.
- Repayment frequency. Choose from weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments. Pick the option that coincides with your salary payment to ensure the repayment funds are always there.
- Repayment types. Principal and interest repayments are allowed, where interest-only repayments are limited to five years and are subject to approval. You may also make additional repayments of up to $5,000 a year.
- 100 % offset account. This is offered only to customers who have chosen the one year fixed rate term.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Application fee. $300 There is a $300 charge payable to the bank for the cost of the preparation of you loan documentation.
- Settlement fee. $150. This is charged when you complete settlement.
- Monthly fees. $10 a month. This fee is charged for the maintenance of your accounts.
- Break cost fees. Amount varies. These fees are only charged if you pay off the loan before the terms expire. They will be based on the amount of interest you would have paid to the bank.
- Rate lock fees. 0.15% of the loan amount. A rate lock eliminates the risk of you receiving a higher interest rate in the time it takes your loan to settle. This costs 0.15% of the approved loan amount and covers you for 100 days from the date your loan request is processed.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for BOQ Fixed Rate Home Loan, click 'Go to Site' and you will be securely directed to a loan enquiry page with the Bank of Queensland. From here, you'll be able to get in touch with a bank representative to discuss your loan options.
Before you can begin an application for a BOQ home loan, you will be asked if you meet certain eligibility requirements:
- Driver's license. You will need to be able to present photo identification along with another form of ID.
- Income documents. You will need to be able to produce proof of income, either in the form of pay slips or tax returns. If self-employed you will be asked for profit and loss statements.
You will be asked to provide your contact information along with your employment type. In addition, Bank of Queensland will want a phone number and time that is best for a representative to reach you. Be sure to include the state that you are in to allow for any time differences.